Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just numb. I am on my way to the hospital at 6pm UMPC Greenville PA' date=' Dr. Christopher Meyers my surgeon... prep starts at 7:30am, surgery at 9:30am I cannot believe I am really doing this, but I have God on my side and if it is his will I see all of my surgery buddies on the losing side. God bless and good luck and a speed recovery and no complications and after surgery we can move from pre-op to post-op. I am praying for us all:

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

tzbandtobypass - Jan 14[/quote']

Praying for you all. You will do just fine. I'm so proud of you for making this leap. God is always on your side. Remember Breath,Sip,Walk.

I had my surgery January 2 and am new to this site but enjoying the information received thus far! Thank you!

Hi Mama! How are you doing post op?

Sending prayers for you all to have a safe surgery and a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Yeah gas pain is the only issue' date=' as you can't seem to expell it as you could before. Still on pain meds, but only minimal amounts. Walked a mile and a half twice each day really helps get everything moving. Keeping Fluid intake high is important but I actually feel no thirst or hunger. Good luck all.[/quote']

That is great! I should probably track how far Im walking as well as my nutrition/water intake. I agree about the gas, its tough to get rid of but slowly it's going away. I think for me, the one larger incision (where the drain was) is bugging me most and causing the worst pain. Still trying to sip slowly, that's the other difficulty.

Hi Mama! How are you doing post op?

Great so far thank you! I still feel like I need further assurance to making sure I am doing things right with the Vitamins schedule, Protein and Water requirements but I feel it will come and hearing everyone else's stories and posts help a lot! I have my two week visit on Wednesday and I can't wait to get the hardware removed (staples are the root of all discomfort right now)! My recovery has been very smooth sailing so far though! Two previous c-sections and I feel they are very similar experiences! How do I start a threat to ask a question? Still trying to navigate and I am using an I phone so maybe that option is not possible??!! My only concern is I feel I am able to eat way too much, and I want to get a better idea of how much others were able to consume at this point of post-op. Thanks for asking Teka! Feels great to have support! I live 2 hours away from closest support group so this is a great community for me!

Great so far thank you! I still feel like I need further assurance to making sure I am doing things right with the Vitamins schedule, Protein and Water requirements but I feel it will come and hearing everyone else's stories and posts help a lot! I have my two week visit on Wednesday and I can't wait to get the hardware removed (staples are the root of all discomfort right now)! My recovery has been very smooth sailing so far though! Two previous c-sections and I feel they are very similar experiences! How do I start a threat to ask a question? Still trying to navigate and I am using an I phone so maybe that option is not possible??!! My only concern is I feel I am able to eat way too much, and I want to get a better idea of how much others were able to consume at this point of post-op. Thanks for asking Teka! Feels great to have support! I live 2 hours away from closest support group so this is a great community for me!

go to the forums tab on the left (that's where it is on my iphone4s) choose what category you want to post in, then click on the arrow to the right. Mine then pops up with choices, "refresh page, new thread, mark as thread, add to favorites, log out, and cancel). Then choose "new thread". From there you can start a new subjuct/topic.

Anyone have any good ideas for Protein? I'm bored with the clears and still have more than a week to go on them.

I've been using the pre-mixed drinks and powder ones, sipping on broth, eating popsicles, taking in some sugar free Jello and watered down pudding. So much of it seems dessert-like, and I want to try to stay away from that as much as possible.

Went in to surgery about 10:30 and was in my room around noon. Had to have two different IVs. I hate needles. Woke up feeling pretty good. Bruises all over my arms. The tried 6 different places to get an Iv. The surgical team prayed with me before I went under. Woke up ready to start everything new. I was ready to walk. They said usually people only walk from their bed to door and back at first. I walked 2 laps then my second walk was 3 laps. I walked over 2 miles in the time I was there. My first IV busted today in my hand' date='pain...wow. Plus my hand looks horrible. Gross. Had a lot of blood taken

It wasn't horrible but man I'm I happy to be home. Having some more intense pain. Have good meds. My Tate buds have already changed. Jello is way to sweet and the yogurt that I tried was sweet as well. Gained almost 10lbs in the hospital due to all the fluids they pump into you.[/quote']

I LOVE you had the team pray with you!!! I will most DEF. be praying with mine when the time comes soon!!!!

Anyone have any good ideas for Protein? I'm bored with the clears and still have more than a week to go on them.

I've been using the pre-mixed drinks and powder ones' date=' sipping on broth, eating popsicles, taking in some sugar free Jello and watered down pudding. So much of it seems dessert-like, and I want to try to stay away from that as much as possible.[/quote']

Are you on clears or just liquids? My saving grace has been Campbell's cream Soups strained. 2g fat 2g sugar. They have celery and potato. Also cheddar cheese Soup

Great so far thank you! I still feel like I need further assurance to making sure I am doing things right with the Vitamins schedule' date=' Protein and Water requirements but I feel it will come and hearing everyone else's stories and posts help a lot! I have my two week visit on Wednesday and I can't wait to get the hardware removed (staples are the root of all discomfort right now)! My recovery has been very smooth sailing so far though! Two previous c-sections and I feel they are very similar experiences! How do I start a threat to ask a question? Still trying to navigate and I am using an I phone so maybe that option is not possible??!! My only concern is I feel I am able to eat way too much, and I want to get a better idea of how much others were able to consume at this point of post-op. Thanks for asking Teka! Feels great to have support! I live 2 hours away from closest support group so this is a great community for me![/quote']

Agreed on the staples! I have 14 get them out on Thursday and feel like they are the annoying part of recovery at this point. How much are you eating? What kind if weight loss are you seeing?

I am now post op!!!!! Yay. Feeling ok just ball of horrible gas. I'm walking around the hospital floor. Should go home today.

Congrats!!

go to the forums tab on the left (that's where it is on my iphone4s) choose what category you want to post in' date=' then click on the arrow to the right. Mine then pops up with choices, "refresh page, new thread, mark as thread, add to favorites, log out, and cancel). Then choose "new thread". From there you can start a new subjuct/topic.[/quote']

Thanks a lot for your help!

Agreed on the staples! I have 14 get them out on Thursday and feel like they are the annoying part of recovery at this point. How much are you eating? What kind if weight loss are you seeing?

I am down 15 lbs from the day I returned home from hospital- starting weight 260, today's weight 245. It gas gone slower this second week then the first- i am going to hit the treadmill a little harder!

My new stomach is not bothered by anything and I am a little scared about that! I mean, the first couple of days I would eat maybe a nibble of Jello and feel extremely full, but by day 4 and still now I really never feel full- HOWEVER I do listen to my body and stop myself at the portion that I feel is appropriate but this is scary to me! For example I can eat 4 oz of Jello of Greek yogurt, 2 oz of malt o meal, 4-6 oz of Tomato Soup with out problems at all, getting in all liquid is never a problem, I drink 6oz of Protein shakes without issues- is this normal! I was expecting bites and nibbles only and that is not the case!

I am not sure if this experience will change once I am able to eat thicker texture but I am nervous as I want to utilize this tool to the fullest!