Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you tried Isopure? It is more like a bottle of flavored water than a Protein Drink. In the past I always got the chocolate Protein drinks' date=' but I've fallen in love with the grape frost isopure following my surgery on Monday. They have me my first bottle in the hospital and I immediately hopped on to Amazon and had some delivered to my house. The cool thing I have found with the isopure is that I can mix it with grape propel Water and just drink it all day. It has made it so easy to get the proper liquids and protein in.[/quote']

Lol I JUST posted in February asking if anyone had tried isopure :D does it have the horrible after taste the pre made shakes do?????

Isopure has a horrible taste in my opinion you can buy it at GNC

Isopure has a horrible taste in my opinion you can buy it at GNC

Well crap!

I think you should try the Isopure for yourself. I do not like any flavor but the grape. I am a huge fan of crystal light and to me it just tastes like another flavor of crystal light. I like it right out of the bottle, but I like it more mixed with grape propel.

You have to keep an open mind about this stuff. I had my band for three years and Protein Shakes were a big part of my life. I've tried just about every brand out there and this was the least offensive one to me.

I know you can find it at GNC and on Amazon.< /p>

I recently discovered this stuff called Lean Dessert Protein. It isn't as protein dense as the Isopure, but it still passes my doc's rules. I have a whole container of Fresh Cinnamon Roll and I mix it with Almond milk (I am lactose intolerant). I've only found it on Amazon and it comes in a lot of different flavors. I am planning mixing some into vanilla pudding when I move to the next stage of the RNY diet. Pre op I made a carrot cake oatmeal (really just oatmeal with shredded carrots, some spices, and cooked with almond milk) and added this Protein Powder and it was great.

Also, I picked up a bag of whey protein isolate (unflavored) at Vitamin Cottage. I have mixed a little in with my Jello while preparing it and it seems to work great. I didn't add a lot, just wanted to get a little protein in to everything I am consuming. I am planning on sneaking this powder into Soups and other items that get added to my diet in the next phase.

A lot of this are tricks I learned from the Lapband support groups. None of it tastes fantastic, but you have to find ways to make it decent!

I think you should try the Isopure for yourself. I do not like any flavor but the grape. I am a huge fan of crystal light and to me it just tastes like another flavor of crystal light. I like it right out of the bottle' date=' but I like it more mixed with grape propel.

You have to keep an open mind about this stuff. I had my band for three years and Protein Shakes were a big part of my life. I've tried just about every brand out there and this was the least offensive one to me.

I know you can find it at GNC and on Amazon.[/quote']

Oh no, I plan on trying it, no worries. Just the first real negative I'd heard, burst my bubble :D in a perfect world I'd like to mix it with crystal light or propel or something similar and do my all day sipping on it so it wouldn't be straight out of the bottle. Will give it a shot I'm just picky! :P

Tada......January 2013 Post-op!!!!!

Here were are on the losers bench (well not me yet but almost)...Let's keep up the super-amazing support we started with Wdwfreak's help! Post away ladies and gents: anything you want/need to talk about' date=' vent, ask others, think might be helpful to share. What an awesome place to find/be a resource. :D

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3, Federal Way, WA

Thynnlynn - Jan 4, Ypsilanti, MI

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7, St Vincent, Camel, IN

Truebind - Jan 7

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9, San Antonio, TX

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Ksierra319 - Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14, Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

Lovealways - Jan 15, Long Island, NY

Mrs.mda - Jan 15

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Catgyrl68 - Jan 18

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Dotie316 - Jan 21 - Germany

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22

Workingmotherofthree - Jan 23

Niemie - Jan 24

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

A Rose - Jan 25

Aimee - Jan 28

PianoMom1 - Jan 29, St Vincent Carmel, Indianapolis IN

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

Jessica9190 - TBD[/quote']

add nikarjc to jan 22

Neek----->DOS: 1/22/13

Hey guys! Finally able too join you awesome folks!! :) Congrats to us all!!

Soooooo I'm 2 weeks post op today. I've been at the same weight since last Thursday. Getting a little frustrated. Feeling like I may have made the wrong decision. I start soft foods today. If I'm not losing on liquids what are foods going to do for me. Too soon to panic??

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Soooooo I'm 2 weeks post op today. I've been at the same weight since last Thursday. Getting a little frustrated. Feeling like I may have made the wrong decision. I start soft foods today. If I'm not losing on liquids what are foods going to do for me. Too soon to panic??

Your body may be in panic mode right now and struggling to hold on to the weight. Naturally, our bodies don't like losing weight! Give it another week! Maybe it's just being stubborn!

Went to surgery yesterdsy at around 10, i was back in my room around 1, no pain (knock on wood), still waiting on something to drink, dry mouth. No gas yet, only feel nausea. I push my pain button every 10 min tho. Other than that thank god i feel pretty good. I will post more later as the day goes on. Whoop whoop

Your body may be in panic mode right now and struggling to hold on to the weight. Naturally' date=' our bodies don't like losing weight! Give it another week! Maybe it's just being stubborn![/quote']

Thanks. We'll see :-)

Hi there. I had surgery on fri. jan 18 and it went fine. I got dehydrated from the surgery and my bp was really low for most of the surgery day. They doubled my IV and I got a shot of something and slowly over the next day it was more toward normal. It has slowly gotten higher each day and its normal now. So all is well there. My pain was tolerable due to the morphine. I made myself walk 2 times the night of surgery and 6 times the next day and 4 times the day I got released. I was SO PROUD of myself. I struggled with the spirometer but am doing fine now. I have asthma so my dr wants me to keep practicing with it. My only "bummer" is that I gained 15 pounds do to the IV/swelling but I have decided that this week is about healing not losing weight. So I just want to walk and drink my Water and my Protein and sleep. I have the rest of this year to get the weight off!! Glad to be a part of this awesome group!!!

redlockqt-how is your Protein and Water intake? Have you been able to walk at all? What liquids are you taking in-could they be high in calories and sodium? Just some questions I would ask of myself before panicing. Maybe you should try my fitness pal, it's great for logging everything you put in your mouth as well as your Vitamins and excercise. You can add me, (anyone can) I'm karefulme.