Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

(Late Nov Early Dec Surgeries) - About 6 Weeks Post Op...

Hi All!!

I have noticed over the past few days there are a bunch of us struggling with the same things right now so I thought I start a thread.

So, after my visit to the dr yesterday I am in complete panic mode. I was told 800-900 calories and at least 70 grams of Protein. I know this is best but I am completely terrified. It is like it has given me a license to eat. I was not snacking. They told me to snack to get my food and protein in. But I'm scared. If I pick all day I can but that is what got me here in the first place. Also, I see all of these people 6, 9 months out eating 600 calories and dropping weight like crazy. I'm already behind and stalling again. So, I want to eat to "lose" like the say but afraid. I have been getting better with Water but the exercising has faded. I leave for work at 7 AM and don’t get home to almost 6:30. I am so tired by then. (Yes need more protein). By the time I cook dinner and clean up it is 8 and I am ready for bed. (How sad is that). I am down about 28 pounds.

How are all of you coping?

I am doing great with fluids but not always getting in all of my Protein. Sometimes I forget to eat slowly but the pouch always retrains me quickly. I have had to vary my protein sources a lot. I am tired of eating protein. I cannot drink another Protein Shake and detest the taste and smell of whey protein isolate. I don't enjoy sweet stuff. I have been using salmon, roast beef, tofu and chicken as protein sources. Eating slowly is key.

I am also scared of weight regain.

I'm still having problems getting all my Water in. I feel like I've been at a plateu forever now. But next week I will be starting the gym. Trying to eat as clean as I can. But that can also be hard. I search online for lots of recipes and I do wonder around the grocery store.

I was doing so well the first few weeks and then I went back to work. My days are long and always busy so I've completely fallen off of my food and Water goals... It's so frustrating and every attempt I've made to try to force myself to keep on track have failed. I'm so frustrated I can't even explain it... Top it off, I'm constantly freezing and some amazing mood swings and even I'll say I'm not much fun to be around. I just keep telling myself I have to start fresh the next day... It's going to get better, right???

Yes it will get better! Right?

I am nowhere near my protien. I honestly don't know what my problem is. I don't like the powder putting in my food. But I have had to to get it in. I have no idea how I will get close to what I need. I am not getting more than 500 calories in either. But I know I won't lose the pounds if I don't get my protien in. So I am scared to. I have heard alot of people lose less or even gain when they start to excercise. But muscle wieghs more than fat and everyone is gaining muscle.

3 weeks out. Nowhere near Water, Protein, or calorie requirements. I feel like I'm harming my health and just wasting away, but there are only so many hours in the day to force this stuff down.

I'm in the same boat. I sleep a LOT so it's hard to consume anything when I'm uncondious. I'm 3 weeks out too and I barely get in 24oz of fluids and hardly any Protein. I just get tired of putting stuff in my mouth when I'm awake. Heh... imagine that!

I'm two and a half weeks post op. I get my fluids in but can't manage mashed or puréed foods. Not sure if its speed of eating or the beginnings I a stricture. Is anyone on the site from Australia or am I the only one?

What did you try? I started with Cream of wheat. I didn't make it to thick. I put some exta milk in it so it was soft. That worked great for me. They say that something may not work one day, but could work another. I sometimes think it is hard for our stomach to have that real food on it, for the first few times. Just my thought. Let me know how it goes.

I'm 7 weeks as of yesterday. Been averaging 55-65 gms Protein. Milk has been a good friend, it gives me protein and fluids and starts my morning off so that I can get food in. oatmeal, Greek yogurt with fruit, Protein Bars that taste like candy bars but have 12gms of protein are awesome, ground beef, block cheese, all soups...these are just some of the things that help to fill in the calories for me. I have started working out and found that after a workout I drink a Protein Shake and I don't feel as tired the next day. That's really the only time I've been having a shake. I have been gtg in roughly 800-900 calories and have lost 35lbs.

I'm in my six week out and I usually get 50-60 grams of Protein daily all from food sources. I do not like the powders or liquid additives. I mostly eat shrimp tuna fish chicken or soft roast beef. I eat yogurt, cottage cheese and still some chicken baby food. I'm so busy rating these things that i can't eat any vegetables or other things. I'm still stuffed after 3-4 ozs. I average around 500 calories a day and usually burn 200/300 with exercise daily. I walk 1-2 miles a day. Fluid has been a real burden I'm not much of a drinker so I get about 24-32 oz daily. At four weeks I had lost 35 lbs I don't feel like I've lost hardly anymore the last couple weeks since kicking up the exercise but I haven't weighed just my clothes don't seem to fit differently. Hoping its just some PMS bloating!

I've stalled this last week too. I have trouble with the fluids, and I can't get over 600 calories in. I have zero appetite and absolutely no desire to eat. I'm bored to death of the food I'm eating. I'm tired of not being able to drink a big gulp of Water when I'm thirsty. I am picking up Jillian Michaels 30 day shred tonight to get my rear in gear. I'm down about 40 lbs but I keep gaining and losing the same 2 lbs this week. So I am staying off the scale til next week.

I have decided to do some old fashioned excercises in my office at work. At least it will help with toning. I am also going to get my butt on that damn treadmill and pliates machine. But I know once I start this I am not going to lose for a while. It really ticks my body off to eat less and exercise. We shall see...