Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst comment you've heard so far

I have seen many obese bariatric surgeons - I was surprised but it is true.

Zoiks some crazy comments! I've been lucky in that so far.....SO FAR...I haven't heard too many stupid comments. I did have a comment of concern from my family in that they were afraid I'd lose too much and look anorexic because they know someone who has lost too much and doesn't take their Vitamins etc. I told them I went into this knowing full well, that the vitamins were a MUST and I had no intention of getting that thing. My intention is for a healthy BMI, my joints to not have so much stress and to hopefully go off my high blood pressure meds. I'm not looking to be skinny, just healthy.

I think the worst comment I've heard is is eitherare' date=' " you dying? You must be dying to lose all that weight.." or one of my good guy friends told me, "you'll never really be skinny anyway... The surgery is going to do horrible things to your skin and it's all going to sag. I'd rather have you stay fat and not have sagging skin!" I was like hmm I thought you were my best friend![/quote']

Oh wow, what a friend!

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, CURRENT... 190 YIPPEE!!!!

Here's one for you..."I'd have that surgery but I want the satisfaction of knowing I lost the weight on my own."

Obviously this person is still overweight.

Oh classic!

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, CURRENT... 190 YIPPEE!!!!

My lovely husband wondered why i got very angry with him' date=' after returning from my morning walk. He looked at me, and said you are going to have to lose alot of weight on my legs because they are still really fat!!!

Since the op (3 months ago) i have lost about 55 pound, i walk about 2.5 miles each morning and go 3 times a week to aerobic classes. I am trying so hard, i just couldn't understand how stupid he could be. And he wonders why he doesnt get alot of sex!! Lol[/quote']

Go girl on making him wait!! Lol

My own mother was telling me that most ppl gain the weight back by stretching their stomach out. And she proceeded to tell me celebrities that gained it back. PLUS, several ppl told me it was dangerous. I did my research and did this for ME and my health!!

My own mother was telling me that most ppl gain the weight back by stretching their stomach out. And she proceeded to tell me celebrities that gained it back. PLUS' date=' several ppl told me it was dangerous. I did my research and did this for ME and my health!![/quote']

It sounds like your mother just doesn't understand about the ends and outs of the surgery. Remember you did this for you and your health.

Oh man so many things.

Iced passion tea with no classic (liquid sugar) and add your own (I prefer stevia)

Really any iced or hot tea obviously

For a few extra calories you could also do my favorite which is the iced passion tea lemonade. Goes down fine.

If you can drink milk and caffeine: any skinny latte (ex. Skinny vanilla latte' date=' skinny hazelnut latte, skinny cinnamon dolce latte etc etc)

My favorite drink is as follows:

Grande vanilla roobios latte with only a quarter milk (versus half) steamed at kids temperature (after letting the tea steep for at least 2 minutes before adding milk) with no classic and 1 pump of sf hazelnut.

Ooo and I've never had a problem with the very berry hibiscus refresher or cool lime refresher.

AND their smoothies have 20g of Protein from whey. Ask for the chocolate banana smoothie made with SKINNY MOCHA and perhaps extra protein like I do. It's just sf mocha, a banana and milk and protein. You can also sub nonfat milk if you prefer.

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012[/quote']

Kaylee Ann. I <3 you! I follow ur posts all over! Thank u for this!!! I have been jones ing for something! Still sensitive though-

Kaylee Ann. I <3 you! I follow ur posts all over! Thank u for this!!! I have been jones ing for something! Still sensitive though-

Awe thank you darling. Yeah just take everything at your own pace' date=' everyone is different, for example I can't have more than 4oz of milk without getting sick while other people are fine. Everyone handles food differently. Good luck to your healing :']

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012

Awe thank you darling. Yeah just take everything at your own pace' date=' everyone is different, for example I can't have more than 4oz of milk without getting sick while other people are fine. Everyone handles food differently. Good luck to your healing :']

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012

I had a smoothie yesterday while shopping. I only consumed 1/10 of the serving, but it was super delicious

So far I have been blessed with only one gf saying "You will feel better knowing you have accomplished it on your own, without surgery". It caused a rift for a bit, but the strength of our friendship shined thru and though she still doesn't feel I should have resorted to surgery, she is supportive and has shared in my ongoing success. That being said, I have told her, my 2 bff's, of course my husband knows, and then my MIL who in turn told the extended family. Unless the extended family is talking about me behind my back, to which I do not give a rats behind, they have not said anything negative. Now, about 10 days ago, I found out that my husband told 2 of his guy friends, that I am good friends with too (as well as their gf's) that I had surgery. I was actually devastated at first, until the conversation progressed and these guys told me how proud they were of me taking responsibility of my health and life. WHAT!? really?! :-) Then in typical them style, told me that they want to be the ones to take me bikini shopping and come in the fitting room with me. Dorks! LOL I don't know if they told their gf's, I hope not, at least not yet. I am a sarcastic blunt person buy nature, I don't avoid the elephant in the room, I also have always poked fun at my own fat, so if drama comes my way, I will not guarantee I have "the perfect response" because I don't sit here and dwell over it, but I assure you, that person will have an earful if they choose to come at me! Although some responses do come to mind, such as "I stayed fat for so long because to be smart, beautiful and thin would cause world worship, thus it was more of a public service really. However now, I think the world needs some leadership and I'm ready to take my place" Feel free to gratuitously steal that whenever you need it. Love you all!

Lady love you too, you are tell em, if you need too. You are doing fantastic.

Mine happened over the holidays, we were at a family members house for christmas and the minute I walk in the door I get dirty looks for a younger member of the family who also herself is overweight...well of course I didnt get to voice what i would like to have for the meal, so they made lasanga, ok that was fine but I of course can not eat pasta..So I made do and pick the one that had the cheese on it and picked through it with out eatting the Pasta part with some added cottage cheese, so I could get my protien. and I had some pudding from a desert that was made by gave my husband the chocolate that was on top...So still keeping with in the guidelines of my food intake. I get home and my son was upset about something so I talk to him and he told me the family members were in the kitchen bad mouthing me and that I was lying about what I can and can not eat...Now this didnt upset me because I knew and expect this reaction..But what was hurtful was that they did this in front of my son and he doesnt understand why they had to be so negative. I tried to explain to him that it didnt bother me but I could tell it really hurt.

Mine happened over the holidays' date=' we were at a family members house for christmas and the minute I walk in the door I get dirty looks for a younger member of the family who also herself is overweight...well of course I didnt get to voice what i would like to have for the meal, so they made lasanga, ok that was fine but I of course can not eat pasta..So I made do and pick the one that had the cheese on it and picked through it with out eatting the Pasta part with some added cottage cheese, so I could get my protien. and I had some pudding from a desert that was made by gave my husband the chocolate that was on top...So still keeping with in the guidelines of my food intake. I get home and my son was upset about something so I talk to him and he told me the family members were in the kitchen bad mouthing me and that I was lying about what I can and can not eat...Now this didnt upset me because I knew and expect this reaction..But what was hurtful was that they did this in front of my son and he doesnt understand why they had to be so negative. I tried to explain to him that it didnt bother me but I could tell it really hurt.[/quote']

I am so sorry that happened to him. My daughter told my family on the quantity that I was eating was going to make me far more healthy than what they had on their plates... I about fell over laughing as all of a sudden everyone was full...lol.

Mine happened over the holidays' date=' we were at a family members house for christmas and the minute I walk in the door I get dirty looks for a younger member of the family who also herself is overweight...well of course I didnt get to voice what i would like to have for the meal, so they made lasanga, ok that was fine but I of course can not eat pasta..So I made do and pick the one that had the cheese on it and picked through it with out eatting the Pasta part with some added cottage cheese, so I could get my protien. and I had some pudding from a desert that was made by gave my husband the chocolate that was on top...So still keeping with in the guidelines of my food intake. I get home and my son was upset about something so I talk to him and he told me the family members were in the kitchen bad mouthing me and that I was lying about what I can and can not eat...Now this didnt upset me because I knew and expect this reaction..But what was hurtful was that they did this in front of my son and he doesnt understand why they had to be so negative. I tried to explain to him that it didnt bother me but I could tell it really hurt.[/quote']

How inconsiderate of them..that makes me sad too