Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Hey Everyone! It's been awhile since I've given you all an update but I thought I'd check in. I'm currently down 91lbs' date=' with 50 to go til goal. I'm happy to say that my dr is weaning me off of my blood pressure meds finally, and the majority of the pills I take now are vitamins!!

I'm still not counting calories or any food at all, just making sure I eat lots of Protein and hardly any carbs. With my body adjusting to the changes in my kidneys (they've gotten a little better!) I can drink more fluids now, so I'm focusing more on getting in as much Water as I can.

The hardest thing for me is still not drinking with my meals. I usually take a sip or two after I eat to rinse my mouth out, but sometimes that leads to more. I gotta curb that!

Exercise-wise, I still don't get in as much as I'd like, although my energy level is starting to come back now that I'm taking regular epogen shots for my anemia. I'm up to walking 2 miles at a time when I do now, and next week I'm going to start running... maybe lol I'm very concerned about my "top shelf" bouncing around and hurting, even though I've invested in really good sports bras.

My husband is verrrrrryyy happy with the curves I have now and can't seem to keep his hands off of me lol He didn't really seem to care if I lost the weight or not in the beginning but he's obviously glad I did! lol

I hope you all are doing wonderfully and are enjoying your new lives! Hi5's & Hugs all around!![/quote']

Woohoo congrats. I guess it lit a little fire for you n your hubby. That is awesome that he has been so supportive. I'm very happy for you and everyone else on here that read but do not post.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Great Job Janice. Good luck on your upcoming boards for licensing. It's awesome that you have a job waiting. You look great and sound very happy. Very happy for you!!! :-)

Thank you. Surely trying to do it. And i passed my theory test today. Only have practical test left. Pushing on.

Thank you. Surely trying to do it. And i passed my theory test today. Only have practical test left. Pushing on.

I remember taking the test for cosmetologist license. I was nervous but passed. Im sure you'll nail the practical. Congrats on all your accomplishments. It's awesome!!! :-)

Thank you Ozzie

Everyone is doing so well! Congratulations! A life changing decision for all of us.

I feel great. Off all my medications and have more energy. I injured my knee walking over some rocks at the beach and that has stalled my exercise. I have been going to PT but now time for surgical consult. Since my lack of exercise I was nervous my weight loss would stall but it hasn't. I am wearing a size 12, previously a 24, and medium tops. I have bumped into many people that don't even recognize me. My hair is very thin. I have been taking Biotin, mvi and getting my Protein in but my center said it just happens and it will grow back. I do have a lot of short wispy hair. Other than that I cannot tolerate dry meat, salmon or hamburg. I feel so sick after. I still have to work on getting all my protein in as I feel full so quickly. I don't think it has been easy but so worth it. I find everyday to be very challenging. I have started doodling in a journal, zen doodles, so I don't nibble or snack at night. That has helped me a lot.

post-204009-13813134236674_thumb.jpg

Wow it has been amazing seeing all the progress....congrats December group. I myself start a bariatric support group on July 15th. I just felt compelled to give back in this area.

On a personal note I am doing great and feel great. Due to holiday got the 6th month check up coming soon. The appointment got postponed due to holiday. I am hoping for good test results.

Had my 6 month follow up yesterday. All labs were great except for the Protein for immediate use was 2pts low (I forget what it's called). My long term protein levels are great, go figure right. It's odd. I do have difficulty w meats and have to drink two Protein Shakes a day. Dr said hopefully it will clear up. When I walk by seafood counter at the grocery store, I honestly start to feel so sick from the smell that I almost toss my Cookies every time. Cooking some meats isn't easy either do my daughter has to do it. I told Dr and nutritionist I can only eat 2oz of meat and not much more after that. If I do it will or part of it will come back up. They said 2-3 oz is normal for about 6 months. So I was happy with their answers to my questions. Good day.

Total loss is 107. I have loss weight and been stalled for a month. But there was shifting going on which caused me to drop from a size 8 to a size 6 pant. Lately haven't been working out in last 2 weeks. Mainly cuz I was having issues from the treatment for the complication left from the hysterectomy.

Had my 6 month follow up yesterday. All labs were great except for the Protein for immediate use was 2pts low (I forget what it's called). My long term protein levels are great' date=' go figure right. It's odd. I do have difficulty w meats and have to drink two Protein Shakes a day. Dr said hopefully it will clear up. When I walk by seafood counter at the grocery store, I honestly start to feel so sick from the smell that I almost toss my Cookies every time. Cooking some meats isn't easy either do my daughter has to do it. I told Dr and nutritionist I can only eat 2oz of meat and not much more after that. If I do it will or part of it will come back up. They said 2-3 oz is normal for about 6 months. So I was happy with their answers to my questions. Good day.

Total loss is 107. I have loss weight and been stalled for a month. But there was shifting going on which caused me to drop from a size 8 to a size 6 pant. Lately haven't been working out in last 2 weeks. Mainly cuz I was having issues from the treatment for the complication left from the hysterectomy.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Sounds like we are matched weight loss wise. I'm down 107 lbs total too. I'm 2 lbs shy of One-derland.

I have slacked a little on exercise but am trying my best. I too, hate protein and it takes a lot to get it down.

I'm so happy for everyone that still follows, and hope you all continued success.

Hey Everyone! It's been awhile since I've given you all an update but I thought I'd check in. I'm currently down 91lbs' date=' with 50 to go til goal. I'm happy to say that my dr is weaning me off of my blood pressure meds finally, and the majority of the pills I take now are vitamins!!

I'm still not counting calories or any food at all, just making sure I eat lots of Protein and hardly any carbs. With my body adjusting to the changes in my kidneys (they've gotten a little better!) I can drink more fluids now, so I'm focusing more on getting in as much Water as I can.

The hardest thing for me is still not drinking with my meals. I usually take a sip or two after I eat to rinse my mouth out, but sometimes that leads to more. I gotta curb that!

Exercise-wise, I still don't get in as much as I'd like, although my energy level is starting to come back now that I'm taking regular epogen shots for my anemia. I'm up to walking 2 miles at a time when I do now, and next week I'm going to start running... maybe lol I'm very concerned about my "top shelf" bouncing around and hurting, even though I've invested in really good sports bras.

My husband is verrrrrryyy happy with the curves I have now and can't seem to keep his hands off of me lol He didn't really seem to care if I lost the weight or not in the beginning but he's obviously glad I did! lol

I hope you all are doing wonderfully and are enjoying your new lives! Hi5's & Hugs all around!![/quote']

Congrats! Your doing awesome! Keep up the hard work! :)

Today I hit One-derland! 199! Feels good! :)

Congratulations!!

Hi everyone, let me first start by saying You folks are amazing!!! Y'all all have done so well. So proud of you all and the accomplishments you all have done. Even with the stress and problems you have had in your personal lives you didn't get discouraged and you came through this life change amazingly .

Now I am not looking for sympathy or anything like that. More of a good swift kick in the ass. I know when we all started our journey in December some of us had high weights, I was 307 day of surgery 287. I have been a slow loser which has been fine. But I am having problems with the pouch . It just doesn't seem to get full. So far my lowest has been 230. Today I weighed in at 246. I am so pissed at myself. I don't eat potatoes. I think I have 3 times since surgery but have cut them completely out.

I drink alot of Water and sugar free tea or I use alot of the water enhancers that they have and they are sugar free. I do drink a small dt dr pepper about every 2 weeks like from sonic so it's not canned soda. But I know it's bad. I eat some fruits with fat free cool whip not alot but use it for a dessert type thing. I eat veggies alot. I hardly eat much bread at all. Do I get my Protein in? Not like I should. I do try to drink a Protein Drink once a day. Atkins or ensure. I eat Protein Bars too. I eat natural almonds. Not so much anymore. I don't eat foods that have creamy sauces on them never really liked them. I think alot of it is not watching my carbs. I just can't seem to balance it out. I hate to cook. Some days I think I do ok then dammit I snack constantly. I want my stomach to go STOP freaking eating!!!!!!

But it isn't happening. I have heard that if you go to the herbal store and get chia seed and sprinkle on your foods that it helps your stomach to get full faster. Has anyone tried that? I move so much more now. I make my house cleaning fun by dancing with my broom or mop or just dance around I really enjoy it. I have been spring cleaning this week. And I sleep alot. My days and nights ate flipped backwards sometimes I don't go to sleep till 5 am and get up between 1 and 2 . Not working right now.

So I know I get my sleep in. I usually don't eat pass 9 pm. I have only a few times with maybe a Protein Bar or some type of fruit or maybe cheese crackers from lance we call them nabs.

What do y'all do.? Besides exercising like fiends what do you have for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Snacks, I have to get back on track. When you have caught yourself gaining what did you do to get back on track. Y'all are all I have. I can't talk to anyone about this at all but you folks. We all started this journey together in December 2012.

I just need some serious help. I don't want to see that fat woman again. Besides I am going on a cruise in November I have got to try and get alot more closer to my goal of 170. Do I have to eat? Can I survive on just Protein Shakes and protein bars Meal Replacements? Please advice.

I am 56, I am 5'8 my goal is to get to 170. I need to lose 60 more lbs. yea I know it's better then 130 like it was.

Maybe I chew to slow. No I don't drink when I eat. But I do sip 10 mins after I eat.

Any advice, thanks y'all.

Janice