Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Dates

Thanks for understanding. I put my patient hat on and I will just hope the phone rings soon. I wanted to have surgery before the end of the year. Let's just pray that happens. So happy for all of you that have done well. Save me a seat on the loser bench.

Anyone else have their spouse become super distant prior to their surgery?

Mine did, I think he was worried I wouldn't wake up.

I'm getting do excited!! Went today N got a membership with my husband at my favorite gym. The atmosphere is wonderful!! An we set a work out plan an everything and made appointments to meet with someone at the gym to tell me what to do!! Can't wait to have my surgery!! I just pray I get over whatever I have (been sick sense Friday thought it was allergies) by my pre op Monday!! So my surgery doesn't get pushed further!!

Mine did' date=' I think he was worried I wouldn't wake up.[/quote']

Try an talk with your spouse. This is a life changing experiance an emotional time for them as well. I know once I decided to do my surgery an actually started the process I started accussing my husband of not being atracted to me now an blah blah emotional break down I guess an once I started including him in everything I felt an my fears an goals an everything he became much more supportive an closer to me. I think they just get scared too, they don't know how to act or what to say.

Anyone else have their spouse become super distant prior to their surgery?

Try an talk with your spouse. This is a life changing experiance an emotional time for them as well. I know once I decided to do my surgery an actually started the process I started accussing my husband of not being atracted to me now an blah blah emotional break down I guess an once I started including him in everything I felt an my fears an goals an everything he became much more supportive an closer to me. I think they just get scared too, they don't know how to act or what to say.

Hi everybody!!! My surgery went good today!!! They did the RNY and repaired my Hiatal Hernia. When I first woke up from surgery I was in a lot of pain but they immediately start giving me more pain medicine and was also hooked up to a pain pump. The pain got tolerable after that. The pain is mainly on my left side. My stomach muscles are so sore. But I can actually say it's all tolerable and not as bad as I thought. The worst part so far was when I first woke up and for about an hour after that. My mouth has been SOOOO dry!!! They let me have some ice chips and I also use a wet wash cloth to help. I haven't gone for a walk yet but I have been sitting on the edge of the bed and standing up a little bit. Rolling in bed was really tough. I hope all my surgery buddies are doing good too!!!!

Hey Kmarie glad everything went well. I understand how you feel about the the mouth being so dry. I've read on here that most people got a pain pump when they first came out of recovery, but I was so disappointed because I never got one. I had to keep calling for pain meds. That part was horrible. I've also read that people have had bad pain on the left side, but mine was worst on the right side, but my doctor said it was because she had to cut deeper into my stomach muscle on the right side.

Anyway how are doing now? Hope all is well.

Surgery date October 10, 2012

Sorry for not updating soon! I've been kind of out of it. I'm doing good.. the pain is tolerable. They took me off morphine a few hours ago. I am took my third walk about an hour ago.. about to take another one. They say I might get to go home tomorrow. I even got motivated enough to straighten my hair. I am so ready for my new life! Congrad everyone!

You did great with walking three times. Go girl!

hello Ladies I am feeling better I stopped throwing up bu y stomach stays having a uneasy feeling ad i hate that i at this point hate that I got this surgery but i hope that feeling goes away soon cuz it has me feeling a little sad and i dont want that but any how good luck to everyone who is getting and hs had thee surgery its not as easy as people think

So glad to know that your better. I will keep you in my prayers and day by day seems to get easier.

Hi. I had post op appt today. I've lost 18 lbs. and can now move to purée food stage. Ive been having some pain in tummy but dr thinks its the Gatorade g2 so I have stopped drinking that.

Surgery oct 2

Congrats down 18 pounds!

Ive asked this question once already would like a answer did anyone on the 2 week liquid diet cheat at all and everything was ok?

I had about two small bites of a roll and some rice, and ate a little more of salmon and tilapia than I was suppose to. I just made sure it was grilled with I can't believe it's not butter. My surgeon said my liver looked great.

Remember this with cheating, don't do super bad things because my nurse said that the doctor can tell when they open you up and that they can decide to close you up and do the surgery later, so please be careful. The lady who was before me ate a salad on the day before surgery and the doctor was contemplating calling her surgery off cause it may not be safe. In the end she did the surgery but I was so nervous for that lady.

Hello everyone!!

I had my surgery today. I can say I have had very minimal pain. I am drinking and sucking on ice cubes. I had broth and a little Jello tonight' date=' and lots of walking. wanted to check in! So far so good![/quote']

Congrats on walking so soon, I had to walk the second day. I think it was cool that you got to have broth and hello the first day, lucky you! Hope all is still great!

Happy to hear ur doing ok.

Looks like I won't be getting surgery til January because of insurance reasons. Bummer.

Had ultra sound today for pain in upper stomach. Dr is pretty sure it's my gall bladder so he scheduled surgery for end of week. Will know for sure tomorrow I hope that's it. Just want to get it over with. I was doing so good after surgery and then bamb got hit with this. Surgery date 10/2.

I'm headed out! Good luck everyone and I'll be praying.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using RNYTalk

Keep us posted!