Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Breaking Down Tears & Tears

This really bring tears to my eyes too. I wondering if it would help me in my situation? I filled for disability and waiting on the decision from the court.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

It doesn't hurt to apply. This was my second time. First time deny. This time approve. I was a bit shock how fast I was approve & in less then 1 week I got a response.

Mami I'm glad you took that first step for you and the kids! Way to go on accomplishing your first goal, now a step closer to independence !

<3

mami I want to thank you for the supportive things you have said to me and offer support in return. Whoever said you didnt have enough to lose is a big horses ....... that anyone would call this the easy way is ignorant. I have a lot to lose and mutliple comorbidities but I would never deny another the tool to get control of their weight be it 75 or 275.

You are using this tool to get to a healthier you, Go for it and don't listen to the naysayers.

Mami, you are awesome.. You always have made me laugh. I pray for you everyday :) be strong

mami I want to thank you for the supportive things you have said to me and offer support in return. Whoever said you didnt have enough to lose is a big horses ....... that anyone would call this the easy way is ignorant. I have a lot to lose and mutliple comorbidities but I would never deny another the tool to get control of their weight be it 75 or 275.

You are using this tool to get to a healthier you' date=' Go for it and don't listen to the naysayers.[/quote']

Totally agree! I have about 80 to 90 pounds to lose. My bmi was 39 and I got approved because of all my medical complications. NOONE has the right to judge or say anything bad about anyone. And if they do...ignore them. Thoughts and prayers are with you Mami so that things will get better:-)

surgery date: 7/30/12

Thankyou everyone for all the love & support I get from this group. Just made 3 months surgerversary. Yesterday. I can't believe how good I feel.

Mami, when I joined this group, you were the first poster to catch my attention. Your sense of humor has cracked me up multiple times and your realness. I've seen you post in several threads.

I am right there in the boat with you.

I'm a "stay at home" mom. What does that mean? To other people it means I'm a lazy freeloader. They're ignorant. It's a stupid label. I earn my husband's paycheck just as much as he does. While he is.at work I'm there with our 5 kids (2 disabled), doing homework, going to appointments, making sure everyone is clean, well fed, happy, healthy mentally and physically. I love my family with all that I am and I am thankful for a husband who works.as hard as he does but raising a family is hard work. Especially in today's day and age. Daycare is expensive and unreliable. Why bust your ass to spend your entire check to pay someone to ignore your child all day when you could be the.one to raise them?

If I have learned anything in my life its that no one can make you happy and you will never be able to be happy with anyone until you are happy with yourself. Keep your head up. *hugs*

New Life Started 07/24/12

Mami' date=' when I joined this group, you were the first poster to catch my attention. Your sense of humor has cracked me up multiple times and your realness. I've seen you post in several threads.

I am right there in the boat with you.

I'm a "stay at home" mom. What does that mean? To other people it means I'm a lazy freeloader. They're ignorant. It's a stupid label. I earn my husband's paycheck just as much as he does. While he is.at work I'm there with our 5 kids (2 disabled), doing homework, going to appointments, making sure everyone is clean, well fed, happy, healthy mentally and physically. I love my family with all that I am and I am thankful for a husband who works.as hard as he does but raising a family is hard work. Especially in today's day and age. Daycare is expensive and unreliable. Why bust your ass to spend your entire check to pay someone to ignore your child all day when you could be the.one to raise them?

If I have learned anything in my life its that no one can make you happy and you will never be able to be happy with anyone until you are happy with yourself. Keep your head up. *hugs*

New Life Started 07/24/12[/quote']

Hello thank you for understanding. Yes being home is hard work & we do earn the check our husband makes. Imagine paying child care like you mention kids being ignore. They don't see the point we are saving lots of money. We clean so no house cleaning lady is needed. We cook so we don't need to order out. We babysit so no childcare is needed. We are needed in the home at least until kids are older if we want to work in the future.

I used to be a single mom & was going through nursing school. I put my 2 year old in daycare while I was at school. My ex and I were trying to work things out but he lived out of town so wasn't able to help much with kids. We showed up together early one day to pick her up for a special lunch. We got there & she was in playpen crying & babysitter was yelling at her saying "these Cookies are for my grand babies, you're not my grand baby!" I'm the one who bought & sent the Cookies. There were 3 kids @ the table eating these cookies Hannah had helped pick out. Then she's stuck in the playpen while these other kids eat her cookies where she can see them. It broke my heart! She never went back. After I graduated I got a job but worked only when husband could watch kids. Then when our twins were born 2 months premature & spent 2 months in nicu we agreed I would stay home & be their caretaker. Daycare for twins would kill us financially & I would be crippled with anxiety that they would he done like Hannah or worse. It's been such a blessing even if it is hard work. With all the appointments I have and sports, I'm not home a lot. I wouldn't change a thing though. :)

New Life Started 07/24/12

Hats off to you both ! And to all stay at home moms. I am new to this forum still, but I see you mami, all over here giving others encouragement and advice. Sites like this are good because of people like you. The other forum I am on has a mom who looks out for us like you too ; ) I'm glad your financial situation has improved! I am only six weeks post op, and as the breadwinner in my family of 4, taking 3 weeks off after surgery is killing us financially. Now im in a situation where I have to work 6 days a week til we catch up. But surgery was so worth it and I'm so excited to be on this journey. And now part of this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Hats off to you both ! And to all stay at home moms. I am new to this forum still' date=' but I see you mami, all over here giving others encouragement and advice. Sites like this are good because of people like you. The other forum I am on has a mom who looks out for us like you too ; ) I'm glad your financial situation has improved! I am only six weeks post op, and as the breadwinner in my family of 4, taking 3 weeks off after surgery is killing us financially. Now im in a situation where I have to work 6 days a week til we catch up. But surgery was so worth it and I'm so excited to be on this journey. And now part of this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Thanks

Smile beautiful we all have to climb uphill sometime but once you get to the peak, the view is gorgeous :) remember that :)

Mami, if you get food stamps, your kids qualify for free meals in school. Check with the school & see.

Sending prayers your way :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

Mami' date=' if you get food stamps, your kids qualify for free meals in school. Check with the school & see.

Sending prayers your way :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk[/quote']

Yes my teenage gets free meal at school. The small kiddos don't have a cafeteria in school.

I'm back!! I didn't know so many people love me. Awww thanks Guys/Ladies. Guess what? I been approve for food stamps. Thanks God really needed this good news it happen a new minutes ago. The mail carrier was late with the mail today. I got an advance in cash from my husband's adult son. He gives me 60 a week since I feed him 3 meals per day 5 times a week. I had to go into my kids bank account to take out money for there diaper. Now they don't have to walk around with bed padding as diapers. Thanks for the best wishes' date='and prayers. I send messages from members that pray for me. That is the nicest thing anyone has done for me to have me in there prayer. I guess things will get a little better financially as far as getting food on the table with out having to stretch my kids money. [/quote']

I hope things have continued to improve for you since this post