Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dude find another forum. Apparently you have a huge chip on your shoulder. Nothing you have Said is helpful to anyone. Maybe we aren't the right fit for the "issues" you seem to have.

Lol@ "the right fit." Apparently the right fit is a BMI of over 45! Lol

Mami how do we block idiots like this that just want to argue.

Makes me wonder if he got turned down by his insurance company

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

I finally figure it out. Go to your settings,and go down and it says ignore in the listing put his name & there you go. It's like magic don't have to see his comments ever again.

Yes... do you know what insulin does?

Wow. There are people on here who do not know basic chemistry.

Okay, so without name calling, finger pointing, and generalized emotional responses (emotions do run high when discussing bariatric surgery) let me say, none of us are judge and jury. That is left to the physicians and (frighteningly) the insurance companies. Yes she was originally denied but obviously has a physician that supports her in this Quest. Yes she opened it up for public criticism when she started this thread but really, now you're just enjoying picking on people.

Yes I know what insulin is, yes I know what insulin resistance is, yes I have many patients who are diabetic, pre-diabetic, have insulin resistance, and/or are on insulin. Yes I am associated and well educated on insulin, its function, its side effects, etc. Yes many of my patients with insulin problems are overweight and/or obese, but not all. Several are normal weight, for some it is easy to maintain that weight. For some it is a constant daily struggle, but they do it, and they succeed. Some may say you are using your insulin status as an excuse to justify why you deserve this more than others.

And yes some people on here have no knowledge of basic chemistry. Our lives journeys have taken us down different paths. I know chemistry but my grammar and spelling stink. Some around here are kind, compassionate, and empathetic, some are silly, some are obnoxious, some are whiny and annoying, and some are just plain simple folks who didn't have a chance to get higher education and/or weren't lucky enough to be born brilliant and I sometimes wonder how some have managed to live their lives this long and not accidentally step off a cliff or walk in front of a bus. Most simply want help or support. Very few are here to judge others.

All that said, dude, stop being a jerk. You're having fun being inflammatory and stirring the hornets nest. For the rest of you, I'll tell you what I tell my 8 year old who has a little girl next to him in class who is always pushing his buttons "just ignore it!!!". He's obviously discovered how fun it is to rile the whole forum up and is read to pounce at any chance.

Dude find another forum. Apparently you have a huge chip on your shoulder. Nothing you have Said is helpful to anyone. Maybe we aren't the right fit for the "issues" you seem to have.

BTW your doing great only 65pounds to go...

Read his story it says it all. Let me read between the lines for you

He lives at home with his parents ( in basement) he was going to collage but not now for what ever reson has a BMI over 60 not related to food. Is on insulin not Becuse of food and weighs 427 lb not Becuse of food and is only. 24 years old that should answer all questions.

What it must be like to be young and so knowable about how the world works

I'm 52 been all over the world didnt go to collage and make more money the most people make that went to collage (Becuse of hard work)

I may not be the greatest speller and my language skills may not be to his collage level. But I have done and seen things he will only dream off. So here is my last post I will ever say to this sorry person. I can only hope you find peace in your troubled life. You bring no peace here.

With a attitude like his he will not go far. ( maybe some day he will move out of his parents basement and understand what life really is like) not shelterd at home and given everything he wants. Insert word ( Entitlement) here he is the new generation

Good luck on your Journy may you find or be given everything your heart desires .

BTW your doing great only 65pounds to go...

Thanks girl!!

Thanks soccermom you said it better then I ever could

No thanks.

Thanks soccermom you said it better then I ever could

Obviously due to my superior chemistry knowledge :)

Never feed the trolls!!! They thrive off emotion and chaos but actually die fairly easily.

Read his story it says it all. Let me read between the lines for you

He lives at home with his parents ( in basement) he was going to collage but not now for what ever reson has a BMI over 60 not related to food. Is on insulin not Becuse of food and weighs 427 lb not Becuse of food and is only. 24 years old that should answer all questions.

What it must be like to be young and so knowable about how the world works

I'm 52 been all over the world didnt go to collage and make more money the most people make that went to collage (Becuse of hard work)

I may not be the greatest speller and my language skills may not be to his collage level. But I have done and seen things he will only dream off. So here is my last post I will ever say to this sorry person. I can only hope you find peace in your troubled life. You bring no peace here.

With a attitude like his he will not go far. ( maybe some day he will move out of his parents basement and understand what life really is like) not shelterd at home and given everything he wants. Insert word ( Entitlement) here he is the new generation

Good luck on your Journy may you find or be given everything your heart desires .

Dumb as a bag of bricks huh?

I'm 24, own my own home, and live with my fiancé who I am marrying in 4 weeks. You can visit our wedding website at RyanAndKristina2012.com

I have a degree in marketing and accounting. I currently am the director in charge of marketing and development at a car dealership in Rochester, NY.

So I guess you were right about... Nothing! Also it's "college" not "collage".

Ryan you need to stop criticizing people

This forum is for help not judgement

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I have 120 lbs to loose. And I am classified as MORIBLY obese. So I have loss some weight and have been back and forth I have several health related issues' date=' PCOS, high blood pressure, pre diabetes, and have been trying for two years to get it under control,

Frankly I dont know why I am defending myself to you. You do not know me. You DO NOT KNOW MY JOURNEY. And if you cant be positive for people on her GTFO.[/quote']

Don't listen to that person. I've had my fair share of jerks from forums but at the end of the day whose to judge if we have 100 or 500 to lose. Seriously. your doing the right thing. Some of us like me have jumped from BMIs of 37 to 45 ect and we know ourselves enough to know what we need and what we don't. Who the bleeb would do this surgery for kicks!?!? You know. So yea tell them to MYOB because ur doing what's right for you.

To be honest' date=' I don't think you should be approved. I just dont think that people with less than 100 pounds to lose should use WLS. There is a reason why most insurance companies have that 40 BMI standard.

Maybe i'm wrong. I certainly have been before. But I feel that WLS should be for those who are in dire need of it and will DIE in the next 10-20 years without it. Someone with 150, 200, 250 pounds to lose.[/quote']

Wow you have some balls to talk to anyone like that. Who are you to decide or cast judgment on others who are fighting for their lives?? Does she need to be dying before you think it's ok?? WTF. No Bueno.

Wow you have some balls to talk to anyone like that. Who are you to decide or cast judgment on others who are fighting for their lives?? Does she need to be dying before you think it's ok?? WTF. No Bueno.

Thank you. I do have big balls.

Also, if you could read you would know I never said anyone has to be dying.

Ryan you need to stop criticizing people

This forum is for help not judgement

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I'm not judging, I'm giving my opinion.