Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How This Will Affect You In Old Age?

I have only been able to eat soft foods for two days. I ate chili both days! Good protein!

Lol my nutritionist recommended Wendy's chilli if I'm stuck getting fast food. Also gave me a bunch of high Protein low carb Soup recipes.

Idk if others have this experience but the nutritionist is such a wonderful resource and seems to know so much more about the post op diet than the surgeon or his nurses.

Lol my nutritionist recommended Wendy's chilli if I'm stuck getting fast food. Also gave me a bunch of high Protein low carb Soup recipes.

Idk if others have this experience but the nutritionist is such a wonderful resource and seems to know so much more about the post op diet than the surgeon or his nurses.

I had Wendy's chili last week and was so ashamed of myself, I ate a large! It was very soupy though. Must have been a full cup. I honestly didn't think it was possible but I have no problems with liquids. It was quite tasty though. Next time I promise to get a small!

Her pouches stretched so they made it smaller again. She never got "skinny" she's 5'10 and she's 160 looks great. She was 360 before surgery 215 before revision.

Oh ok that's cool.... So after about 10 years you can redo the surgery because it most likely stretch or if you see your self getting bigger you ask for it. How does that work?

So dont listen to people who tell you that after 2 yrs u will start gaining weight. Thats not true! You get what you put in!!! i know plenty of people who have lost all their weight and kept it off for years! you will develop a healthier way of eating so if you continue that way then you wont gain back your weight. And idk why ur doc told you no Soup. I have soup all the time!

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 201/ gw 137

Ok yeah my moms close friend had the surgery and she lost 150 lbs but then gained 50 back. But she does not exercise and she drinks a lot. I'm guessing this is why it has come back! Also I'm glad everyone cleared up the Soup prospect, I love chili and soups! I will ask my dr when I go in for my consult as to why the informational dr said no soup. Thanks!

Yeah you need to exercise to keep it off lol. And Soups can fill u up really quick. U just have to sip them really slowly.

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 199/ gw 137

So dont listen to people who tell you that after 2 yrs u will start gaining weight. Thats not true! You get what you put in!!! i know plenty of people who have lost all their weight and kept it off for years! you will develop a healthier way of eating so if you continue that way then you wont gain back your weight. And idk why ur doc told you no Soup. I have soup all the time!

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 201/ gw 137

I plan on having soup today.

I had Soup yesterday lol

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 199/ gw 137

I just finished some chili! It was sooooo good.

I love wendys chili. I eat Soup a lot. It feels good when it goes down my pouch. I'm glad Soups aren't a no no...lol

Are there any foods that you need to avoid that will make you sick if you ate them?

My understanding is that it unfortunately can be different for everyone. General guidelines suggest avoiding foods with high sugar or fat content to avoid dumping. Beyond that, you really have to experiment. If you're not sure, try taking a bite of the new food and then waiting five minutes. If you don't experience any discomfort, chances are good that you won't have a problem with that food.< /p>

I know 3 people who had revisions. I'm sure they were the cause of their pouch stretching but be honest it happens people quit smoking for years and start again. Quit using drugs and alcohol and relapse it can happen to the best of us. Rest assured there are ways to help if you do stretch your pouch. I don't look down on anyone there are people on this site who ha e had revisions and you could be hurting their feelings no one is perfect. Lucky my granny isn't on this forum shed cuss you out! ;)

I know 3 people who had revisions. I'm sure they were the cause of their pouch stretching but be honest it happens people quit smoking for years and start again. Quit using drugs and alcohol and relapse it can happen to the best of us. Rest assured there are ways to help if you do stretch your pouch. I don't look down on anyone there are people on this site who ha e had revisions and you could be hurting their feelings no one is perfect. Lucky my granny isn't on this forum shed cuss you out! ;)

Are you talking to me you didn't quote it?