Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys!! What meds did u get in the hospital and at home? I'm not scared for surgery, more afraid of the pain afterwards. How long did it take you to go back to work? I do admin work so I sit I'm front of a computer all day. I want to go back ASAP but idk how I'll feel. My surgery is July 30th :)

I went back to work after 2 weeks, I am work junkie . Pain meds where liquid hydrocodone. The pain was pretty bad for the first 3 days but mostly weakness kept me resting. Walking was the best thing for pain,gas and weakness

I had a pain patch and they gave me med's in the IV. I was never in pain, just soreness and discomfort. If you let them know you are experiencing pain right when you start to feel it they stopped it right away with med's. When I went home I had liquid Vicodin and only had to use it 3 times and that was only to get to sleep and I only took a half dose. My only issue was I couldn't sleep in my bed I had to sleep in my easy chair. I was to uncomfortable to lay flat all night and I'm a side and tummy sleeper. When I tried to sleep on my side it pulled my incisions to much so it was back to the chair! I went back to work 4 weeks after my surgery and I work in a warehouse in a very physical job lifting up to 50 lbs 9 to 10 hours a day with no restrictions. I thought that was crazy but it's been a week and I'm fine. The only thing I had a problem with was tiredness and a little weakness. Hope all goes well!

My Dr said I could drive once I stopped pain meds. I had an infection so was on it for 9 days. I see others off a lot quicker.

My doctor ask me to be off work for 6 weeks.

i returned to work on week 3 for a few hours a day. the main issue was weekness.

the first 3 days i took small pills "morphium" they give me for pain, i took 1 at night for sleep. then i took crushed tylanol pills for some pain i got in the sciatic nerve.

Good luck

Came home w Lortab, extra strength. It was sting enough- pain is not bad, just uncomfortable.

Drove after 1 week.

Back to work after 2.5

Don't worry, you will be ok:)

My surgery was 6/25/2012. I had dilaudid in the hospital. I was driving 6/28/2012. Only pain I had at home was gas. No incision pain at all. I came home with Hydrocodone, didn't need it though. Only took it to sleep at night. I returned to work (desk job) 7/11/2012. I could've returned sooner, but I had to get my nails and hair done. lol. #diva

I had pain meds with a push button where I could push it when I was in pain. I'm allergic to morphine so they gave me Fentanyl. My pain was from gas so within an hour of being assigned to my room on medsurg floor, I was up walking. They told me walking would alleviate the gas and IT DID! The next morning they removed the push button according to plan and gave me Fentanyl thru IV as needed, then gradually weaned me over to Percocet tablets which were teeny tiney. That's what I came home with and maybe only took 2 total once home. Other than the gas pains, I had slight pain at my hernia repair site (surgeon decided to repair a hernia I had at my belly button). You will be fine:) No need to be worried about pain:)

I had Dilaudid for pain and didn't need it much at home. I went back to work after a week. Only issue I had was getting tired easy bit was just working on a computer for the first week back. Second week back I had no issues working.

Everyone is different. Was given Fentanyl on my pca at the highest dose and it wore off before the next dose was available. But oxycodone isn't as strong on the spectrum but covered all my pain. Less than a week out and I only take one or two at bedtime to get comfortable and that is it. The other thing is that your doctor will want you off the narcotics ASAP so you can be up and moving around and doing normal things again. You will be surprised!

I went to work after 3 weeks (Starbucks), could drive after a week (keep in mind the seat belt will lay against your incisions) and for pain I was given liquid lortab and while in the hospital was given dilaudid (will save your life) because morphine did nothing for me

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12

I went to work after 3 weeks (Starbucks)' date=' could drive after a week (keep in mind the seat belt will lay against your incisions) and for pain I was given liquid lortab and while in the hospital was given dilaudid (will save your life) because morphine did nothing for me

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12[/quote']

I LOVED DILAUDID!!!!! LOL