Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

Going to a restaurant and your by yourself clearly, as a woman, no one in front of you and no one behind you. They say how many, you say one and they say, just one? Duhhh no, 400. Then, the only place I usually go out and eat by myself is outback for they're salad. Okay, I order Water first, then when I order just they're small salad they're like okay, what else, just a salad, you don't want anything else? Hell no, nothing else. Is it illegal to just order that. I leave a 5.00 tip when I eat by myself so what's the problem. I mean I can't drink with my meal so I take a drink first while waiting for my salad. It's like they're afraid they won't get they're tip. It really pisses me off.

Keep in mind that even normal size people eat a salad before their meal. They likely just assume you will want what everyone else wants. A salad, entree, and drink with potentially a desert.

I think it is normal for us to be extra sensitive to food service workers. What they assume we want is often times what 99% of the population wants. We just take it personally when they treat us like everyone else.

(spoken as a food service worker through college)

i've posted on this before, but i just got an email that reminded me of a few more...

it's not "it depends weather or not i can get home early..." the weather has nothing to do with it! it's whether!

and you did not go to "there" house. you also didn't go to "they're house". they're means "they are"... so does "i went to they are house" make sense?!

"we visited my MIL's house and i got a real since of her style". no honey, you did not get a "since" of her style! you got a SENSE of her style. (i must have read that sentence about 4 times before i figured out what she was trying to say. :tired )

oh, and fyi... this girl that i got the email from has 2 master degrees. :faint:

People who have obnoxious ringtones on their cellphones. I was eating lunch with my mom a few days ago and someone's cellphone went off while they were at the salad bar in the other room. It was the most obnoxious ringtone EVER. And then both the girl and her mom sat there and played with their cellphones the entire time they were there, changing the ringtones and crap. When will people learn that a restaurant is not the proper place to do that?! I wanted DerickM's poo-flinging monkeys.

If I am watching TV with someone and we are sitting together, watching the SAME thing, I don't need for the other person to repeat what I JUST heard as though I wasn't in the room during that part.

That annoys me to no end. I'm not even nice about it, I remind the idiot that I just heard it TOO!

Oh oh oh... another one! Literally. I hate when people use that word incorrectly. "I literally died when I heard that." If they are alive to tell the story they did not literally die. "There were literally 4,000,000 calories in that bite of ice cream."

Grrrrrr

People who read out loud. I want ninja monkeys to fling poo at them

You are describing my husband here and I feel exactly the same way! :rolleyes: He also talks during TV and movies. This leads to me snarling and shrieking at him and that ain't pretty. It is one of the few times we fight.

Apart from that, the usual array of spelling and grammar mistakes recently mentioned here invariably drive me nuts, too.

And people who let their brats continue to scream in public places (such as restaurants) instead of removing them until they quiet down.

You are describing my husband here and I feel exactly the same way! :rolleyes: He also talks during TV and movies. This leads to me snarling and shrieking at him and that ain't pretty. It is one of the few times we fight....

That's my boyfriend, too!!! He gets his feelings hurt if I shush him when I'm trying to hear the TV. And then he's so busy talking that he'll miss the dialogue too and ask me what the character just said. My response is always, "I don't know. Someone was talking and I couldn't hear the TV." He does the same thing at movies and we've had so many fights about it. It's just plain rude to talk during movies, and I don't see how he doesn't get that. And he reads out loud over my shoulder when I'm reading the news on-line. AARRGGHHH!!!!!

My ex-roommate and her boyfriend (later husband, later still ex-husband) used to have discussions while I was trying to watch TV. That pissed me off so much. I would just keep turning up the volume until they got the hint.

My mom makes snarky comments during TV shows. I don't want to KNOW whether something is realistic or not, I just want to be entertained, damn it!

Boy can I relate to this line of peeves. My DH and I love to go to movies. However he delights in figuring out the plot line or whodunit before anyone else. So he gleefully tells me loud enough for the other theater patrons to hear. I want to club him, and so do they! First of all the interruption causes you to miss lines and secondly, you'd enjoy it much more if you figure out whodunit yourself!

My other peeve along that line is that he is sometimes so stressed that when we go to a comedy, he laughs so loud that you can hear him all over the theater. People are seriously looking at us wondering who the nut job is. It's very distracting and I hate to call him on it because it is healthy for people to laugh heartily like that. But geez, not when it's so loud it is distracting for others! :rolleyes:

Where ARE the Ninja Monkeys when you need them?

Boy can I relate to this line of peeves. My DH and I love to go to movies. However he delights in figuring out the plot line or whodunit before anyone else. So he gleefully tells me loud enough for the other theater patrons to hear. I want to club him, and so do they! First of all the interruption causes you to miss lines and secondly, you'd enjoy it much more if you figure out whodunit yourself!

My other peeve along that line is that he is sometimes so stressed that when we go to a comedy, he laughs so loud that you can hear him all over the theater. People are seriously looking at us wondering who the nut job is. It's very distracting and I hate to call him on it because it is healthy for people to laugh heartily like that. But geez, not when it's so loud it is distracting for others! :mad:

Where ARE the Ninja Monkeys when you need them?

Omigawd! I almost thought I married yer husband fer a minute, eh.;) This is why I usually go to movie matinees with other buddies and then the hubby becomes offended because I never, ever go to flicks with him.:D This is un petit probleme.

Green loves Ninja Monkeys, doncha know!:(

1. George Bush.

2. TVS that are on and no one is watching them -- in restaurants, in waiting rooms, at the airport. They now have them at my bank. I dislike most TV programs to begin with, but when it's blasting in public and I have to sit through it and no one is even watching it, that just kills me!

3. The fact that every good classic rock and punk song is now utilized in a car commercial -- Led Zeppelin, The Clash, The Beatles, Deep Purple, Sweet, The Who, The Rolling Stones -- Argh!!! F-ing sell-outs!

You are describing my husband here and I feel exactly the same way! mad.gif He also talks during TV and movies. This leads to me snarling and shrieking at him and that ain't pretty. It is one of the few times we fight....

Ayup, that's us too. He's the talker. I have to sit through a "news flash" everytime he sees someone he knows, and then 5 more minutes of him talking to imself about where he knows this actor/actress from.

My DH has this way about him, where he will spend more time focusing on the details than the macro level. I hope this makes sense. Say he's telling a joke. He will focus on some tiny detail that really has nothing to do with the joke, to the point that there's no way it willl ever be funny.

Two guys were walking... or were they running? I don't remember. Maybe they were walking... in Texas. Or was it Wyoming? Maybe Kansas...

Back to TVs. This one gets my goat. To my husband, it is more important that he enjoy what's on TV than spending "family time" together. I think there are just times families should spend together, like dinner. I don't care that dinner be at the table, I'm fine with TV trays in the tv room. That's a compromise I'm willing to make, even though it isn't my preference. But say I make dinner and get my plate while he's doing something else. He will grab a plate, walk in, and start heading upstairs. if i ask him, "Are we not eating together?" he will answer, "I don't want to watch this." So I guess it's a general peeve about TV being so damn important. Males, society, whatever. I watch maybe an hour of TV a week. 2 hours in a bad week. I really don't get the concept of basing your life around the tube. Or - I'm sorry - make that "the DLP."