Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday and when we almost collided, I said, "In this country, we keep to the right" which was met by, "Show me were it says that".

I don't want to agree with him, but every Wal-Mart in my area, every Auto-Zone in my area and about half the other stores have the exit and entrance doors set up so that you have to keep to the left.

And before anyone blames it on immigrants, while this area has its share of immigrants, the retail stores are 90% or more US citizens and at least 80% white Americans.

I asked the manager of the closect Auto-Zone to my home why the doors are backwards (keep to the left) and he said that is the way thy designed the building.

And before anyone blames it on immigrants, while this area has its share of immigrants, the retail stores are 90% or more US citizens and at least 80% white Americans.

In the tunnel system in downtown Houston, it's 90% Americans who are the offenders, which makes it far more annoying to me.

In the town where I live we have a Chevrolet sales lot, that outgrew it's location, so they added a used car lot accross a VERY busy artery road. Now this is a small town, but that road connects the town to the highways. What did they do, but get the city to put them up a cross walk. Now I have no problem with crosswalks at intersections, or if it crosses to a school, or something of that sort....but an auto sales? And those damn salesmen stroll, they do not acknowledge that 4, 5 sometimes more cars had to stop for them. I would not buy a car there if they begged me!

Kat

The other thing that bothers me is the difference between lay and lie. One is transitive and has an object and the other is not. One should never say I was laying down but rather I was lying down. A person lays an object down but lies down. This beef of mine is, however, a lost cause.

I never did figure this out in 8th grade and I prolly never will. I know the difference between "your" and "you're" though :)

One of biggest pet peeves- Chrome bumpers. I don't need to see anything but the reflection of my own headlights, thanks so much!! :heh:

Biggest marriage pet peeve- I say something to my husband and he doesn't say ANYTHING. And I mean saying something that most people would respond to. Then he changes the subject. ;)

I just realized, as I was checking my e-mail, the thing that peaves me the most is being sent an e-mail that tells me "If I truly love the Lord, I will pass on my e-mail to everyone I know". Since when has God commanded proof of e-mail correspondence as evidence of my commitment to him...uh, NEVER! Man...I loathe those e-mails!!!!!!

LOL!!! Perfect.

Biggest marriage pet peeve- I say something to my husband and he doesn't say ANYTHING. And I mean saying something that most people would respond to. Then he changes the subject. :)
Does your Husband Drink this kind of Beer?

post-208361-13813134762184_thumb.jpg

Good. I hope you're off the grammatical, spelling, adverb vs. adjective, noun with 's pronouns without, alright vs. all right, a lot and various other posting pet peeves. I was feeling very paranoid. :paranoid

Hey, that can be my pet peeve: People who Pick on my Postings. It's the three pees that bug me. :)

Speaking of bugs, :omg: I've lived in both Arizona and Florida. As far as I'm concerned, Florida wins. (See TOM's photo of "Spot") Florida has a, what did you call them Bubble? Sewer bug? Well Florida has one variety of big mean ole Water bug, roach looking things that can actually spit a sort of acid in your eyes. Happened to one of my daughter's friends. She went to confront one of them in her bathroom one day, got too close and it spat a dart of gunk in her eyes. She did wind up in the ER, although it wasn't serious, except for the sting!

Bubblebutt has the right idea, scream bloody murder and head for the door! God never seriously intended for human beings to live in Florida. He made that place specifically for all manner of creepy critters. It is their home and for those of you who live there, I suggest you get out while you still can!

Florida has a, what did you call them Bubble? Sewer bug?

SEWER ROACH! Gahhhhhh!!

comproa.jpg

It's the American variety. YUCK!!!!!!! German are the kind in the midwest kitchen cupboards, American are in AZ. Blech!

SEWER ROACH! Gahhhhhh!! It's the American variety. YUCK!!!!!!! German are the kind in the midwest kitchen cupboards, American are in AZ. Blech!

How about the flying tree roaches in Texas? They are about the size of hummingbirds and fly right at you. You can whack them with a heavy, steel-toed work boot, and they get right back up, completely unphased. When they get in the house, I just leave them to my cats. They'll kill anything that moves. At least the cats earn their keep every once in a while.

How about the flying tree roaches in Texas? They are about the size of hummingbirds and fly right at you. You can whack them with a heavy, steel-toed work boot, and they get right back up, completely unphased. When they get in the house, I just leave them to my cats. They'll kill anything that moves. At least the cats earn their keep every once in a while.

Yeah, we have something like that. When they are flying near you, you really can't tell if it is a bug or a bird. Gross.

I never encountered one of them buzzards in Texas or Arizona. Guess I'm lucky or I've seen fewer hummingbirds than I thought I had.

I never encountered one of them buzzards in Texas or Arizona. Guess I'm lucky or I've seen fewer hummingbirds than I thought I had.

They seem to be only in the really humid parts of Texas, like Houston and Galveston. I've lived in Dallas and have stayed in both San Antonio and Austin for extended periods of time and never saw the really huge flying roaches there. I had my worst experience with one of those roaches in Surfside. A group of friends and I were staying at a rented beach house, and I awoke early in the morning to the sensation of one of those monsters under the covers with me, crawling on my back. I screamed loud enough to wake everyone in the house.

Good grief!!! How big ARE they? Under the covers??? :omg:

My boyfriend in high school (hot, humid Oklahoma) woke up once one night with something biting his arm. He screamed and his Mom ran in and turned on the light. He said it was a huge cockroach like bug biting him. Maybe it was one of those flying tree roaches. **Shudder!**

What peeves me? DUMB A$$ people who have five or six kids by five or six different men and then go on television to find out the father of one of them, then when the guy who's been paying support turns out not to be the father, she goes off screaming and crying. Or she stands there all obstinate and says the test must be wrong! Idiots!

Myself, for watching this drivel, even if it is only on in the background for noise. I could turn on a music channel or something.