Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

AAAHHH!!!! A LIZARD! I did as anyone should do and screamed. Since I was alone in the house that didn't really help, the lizard just turned to look at me.

I was very proud of myself. I got a cup and a piece of cardboard, caught it, ran as fast as I could to the front door, threw it out the door and screamed again! Ewwwwwww, oh they are just gross.

I am dying here!!!:) :faint:

I am imagining you running naked through the house with a lizard, screaming, standing at the front door (naked) throwing it out and screaming.....OMG!!! I am LMAO!!!

I am dying here!!!:) :faint:

I am imagining you running naked through the house with a lizard, screaming, standing at the front door (naked) throwing it out and screaming.....OMG!!! I am LMAO!!!

That is EXACTLY what happened! It was horrible, just horrible.

Darn good thing I have a 6' privacy fence. Ohhhh, the horrors.

Picture this, the date was 12/31/1999. Everyone was terrified of the Y2K bug. Remember that day?

I was home verrrry ill with pneumonia. I fell asleep on the couch watching TV. Woke up just as the sun was setting. When I went to sleep it was bright and sunny, when I woke up it was dusk.

Woke up with the light of the TV only. I looked on the floor and there was a spider crawling towards me that was at least 6" across. I was wearing hubby's Tshirt and my underwear. My dog was starting across the livingroom floor towards the spider. I panicked! I grabbed the dog and went running out the only door between me and the spider. Keep in mind, I live in AZ. Spiders here are HUGE! Cockroaches are the size of my open hand! Bugs are gross!

I go running out the front door, dog in hand, screaming at the top of my lungs. Remember what I am wearing.

Neighbor comes running over thinking someone broke into my house. I tell him there is a spider the size of a huge book in my livingroom. He runs into the house to catch the spider before it is gone behind a couch forever.

He comes out with my dog's stuffed toy, a Y2K spider.

When I first moved to AZ I knew bugs were big, I just didn't know how big.

First house we lived in was in Mesa, a burb of Phoenix. I went to get window cleaner out of the cupboard under the sink and I no more grabbed the Windex and I saw a sewer roach. OMG! Those are seriously disgusting, they were as big as I was at the time (120lbs). They ARE!

I flew up on a counter and sat there shaking, not knowing what to do. I called my boss, hubby was out of town. He informed me he was not coming to my house to kill a bug. He told me to kill the darn thing and go on with my day. What kind of man was he anyway???? Weenie.

I sprayed it with Windex thinking that would do the trick. Yeah, that was wrong. I got a fly swatter and beat the hell out of this bug. It just stared at me. I'm quite sure it was laughing at me.

Finally I went and got a tennis racket and beat the hell out of the bug. I heard it crack and it died. Ewwww.

I realized then that I survived the infamous sewer roach. You see, in AZ we don't get a lot of rain. When people have grass they order irrigation, and Water floods your yard to Water the grass. WE DIDN'T HAVE GRASS! We had desert landscaping. When irrigation floods yards it floods in mega sized sewer roaches. My yard too!

Okay, I survived a sewer roach. I realized then that I could live through that but NEVER a mouse.

A few weeks later my dog kept gazing at the kitchen cupboards. I kept looking and couldn't figure out what the heck she was looking at, there was nothing there. Finally, the day came. She was staring at the cupboards and I opened the door to show her nothing was there and a mouse ran across the shelf. I did as any female should do and jumped on the counter screaming. OF COURSE hubby was not home. Figures! I form a plan, I'll go to Home Depot and get a Humane Mouse Trap. I do, I get the damn trap and put it in the cupboard.

WHACK! I hear the trap go off. Slooooooowly I open the cupboard and realize there is a LIVE mouse in the trap. I scream. Of course. It's MOVING!

I take it outside, get my neighbor, he lets the mouse out.

Okay, I'm cool with this. I have survived AZ! A sewer roach AND a mouse. I'm seriously rethinking living in the middle of Nowhere, AZ.

I realize I can deal with a bug, I can deal with a mouse. But I can NEVER deal with a lizard.

A few weeks go by, bug and mouse free. I'm feeling confident. Life is good, AZ isn't so bad.

I come home from work and something catches the corner of my eye. I look, I look again. A damn lizard is hanging upside down on my living room drapes. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I scream, of course.

The slimey damn thing is between me and the door. I can't get out of my house. I'm essentially locked in. Where is my husband? Out of town, of course. I'm on my own.

The hell I am! I call my place of employment, it's just down the street. I was running a care home and many of my patients were VN war vets who were mentally ill. I call work, I beg to speak to Gary, a patient. He's fine physically, but he's bipolar. He's still my bud.

Gary gets on the phone, I'm trying to be relaxed as I speak. He tells me to calm down and tell him what his happening. I do, calmly I tell him there is a LIZARD hanging upside down on my drapes. He still doesn't understand. He too, believes someone just broke into my home. I finally scream, THERE IS A DAMN LIZARD HANGING UPSIDE DOWN ON MY LIVING ROOM DRAPES!

Finally, he hears me.

He comes over, opens the front door and starts laughing at me. I am sitting where I belong, on my kitchen counter. He is STILL laughing. He walks over to the drapes, picks up the lizard, takes it outside while I am reminding him to take it FAR FAR FAR away and lets it go.

You know, I really like the weather in AZ. But the critters just creep me out.

My peeves:

People who eat with their mouths open. How Rude!!! How gross!!! :hungry:

People who don't respect the fact that I DO believe my cats are my children. :)

AND People who have no manners. :)

Bubblebutt, I'm with you, girl. I am not fond of wildlife either. We don't get much of it where I live which is in the heart of a major city but my husband persists in dreaming about relocating to the country.:phanvan I have only recently conquered my fears enough to spend time with him up at his folk's cottage and we have been together for over 20 years. (I used to send him up on his own.)

We do have cats, however, and sometimes in the winter the litter box gets kinda stinky; it can be a real hassle cleaning it outdoors in the winter when the weather is real nasty. I guess this might be considered a peeve of mine: that such lovely creatures can produce such stinkies.:cry lol

I have a pet peeve that I get reminded of constantly on tv. No matter what the man looks like on tv he is with a gorgeous woman. If the star of the program is an overweight woman then she is paired up with a someone overweight or the guy is a complete moron.

I have been overweight for close to 30 years. I am fairly intelligent, I have a life. I have never even dated someone close to the dorks they pair women with on tv.

Example 1 King of Queens, the main character is a dorky, overweight man, who is paired with a cute skinny adorable woman.

Example 2 Roseanne Barr is the star of the show she is overweight and a comedian, with an attitude. Paired with an overweight goofy man. (Even though this was one of my favorite shows in it's hey day.)

Example 3 According to Jim.....Jim Belushi is paired with a thin, gorgeous woman. When they pair up her brother he is always with a thin gorgeous woman. Both men are overweight and goofy.....

I could go on and on!!

If they pair a not so handsome woman with a well built, good looking, intelligent man. The woman always ends up being the Ugly duckling type who all of a sudden transforms into a raving beauty.

Is it just me? It just seems like they always make the women look like idiots unless they are a Dr, Lawyer, or cop. I know it's tv, it's not reality. However, I do feel that this is a big reason why there is so much weight discrimination out there.

I don't understand why people don't understand that walking rules are the same as driving rules. In the US, we drive on the right, people should walk on the right. I HATE it when I'm walking somewhere, like the mall, and the general flow is going pretty well, but someone insists on walking on the WRONG SIDE. It screws everything up. If I go somewhere where you drive on the left, people should get mad at me if I insist on walking on the right.

I hate pedestrians. If you are on a crosswalk, walking when the little green guy tells you to, this doesn't apply, but NO ONE around here seems to do that. I work on a street that has cross walks seriously every 50 or less. I damn near ran this guy over this morning because he decided he was crossing HERE and NOW. He didn't even hardly look until he was already off the sidewalk.

I thought I had more, but I guess that's it for now. ;)

Marimaru~

I agree with you on that one. I hate pedestrians that think it is a drivers job to keep an eye out for them. It is rude, inconsiderate, and basically stupid to expect a car to stop just because you walk out in front of it.

If they insist on walking the wrong direction get out of my way when you do it. We were in a store yesterday with a shopping cart, this girl had a shopping cart she rushed to pass in front of us then slowed down just as she got in our way. I couldn't believe how stupid she was with a shopping cart. Can you imagine what she would be like with a car?

I don't understand why people don't understand that walking rules are the same as driving rules. In the US, we drive on the right, people should walk on the right. I HATE it when I'm walking somewhere, like the mall, and the general flow is going pretty well, but someone insists on walking on the WRONG SIDE. It screws everything up. If I go somewhere where you drive on the left, people should get mad at me if I insist on walking on the right.....

Yes, that one gets to me, too. It really bugs me in the narrow parts of the tunnel system downtown. I've been known to yell, "In America, we walk on the right side" to offenders in my way.

I also hate it when people stand on the escalator on the step right behind me. If you're a stranger, you don't need to be invading my personal space -- leave a step between us. And just generally when people stand too close to me when I'm waiting in line for something. Sometimes I'll put my hand on my hip so my elbow sticks out and then I'll shift my weight, so I hit the person with my elbow. Then I'll say, "I'm sorry, did I hit you? Well, then maybe you shouldn't stand so close."