Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

Another peeve concerning clothing that I just thought about is when designers tweak a certain style and it no longer fits you. Target was where I would usually buy shirts, because I could get v-neck t-shirts that fit really well and held up beautifully to long-term wear. I always bought several at a time, just different colors in the same style. Well, I went a couple weeks ago to see if I could find some more long-sleeve shirts, because I hadn't gotten any since last winter. Guess what? The shirt that used to fit wonderfully was tweaked by the designer, so now I can't wear it at all. It now has an extremely deep v-neck, deep enough that I would be showing the world everything I had if I bent over. The torso of the shirst is too long now, hitting below my hips. I used to wear a 1x in the shirt, but the fit is so wonky now that even a 24 (they changed the sizes) is a little too snug for my tastes because of the way the torso lies. I hate it. That was basically the one place I could get shirts that weren't too tight or too loose, too long or too short, too low-cut or too high-cut.

I ran into this same problem in jeans, too. I used to be able to buy Tommy Hillfiger jeans that fit fairly well. They were straight legged jeans, which are pretty hard to find in some stores. I can't wear boot-cut jeans or other fashionable styles because my legs are too short. I could get them in a length that fit perfectly. I went back to the mall to get a few more pairs when mine started wearing out, and the style was no where to be found. They don't make them anymore, apparently.

I have just about given up on finding semi-attractive clothing that actually fits. I think I am just going to go shopping for clothes I like and just take them to a tailor or someone who does alterations.

Laurend, I have the same sort of peeve. I hate it when you find something that you like and then the manufacturer changes it. I just opened up a container of Nutrisystem's Whipped Sweet Potatoes with cheese. It used to be a completely powdered meal that you just added Water to. It always came out smooth and creamy. Well, this new container has chunks of something in it. I can't figure out what it is. It was perfectly fine the way it was. Why change it? The same thing has happened to me with toothpaste, deodorant, dishes at favorite restaurants, cat food, etc. If it's not broken, don't fix it (or change it)!

I hate it when you buy Tshirts the look lovely but dont wash well. One of our bigger dept stores, Myer, does this Innovare brand, and they always have the Tshirts stacked in lovely colours, makes me want to buy them. They're nice T's, fine and not to thick with nice trim, no chunky neck or arm bands etc. One wash though, the shrink UP terribly and the bottom hem loses its shape and expands outwards, so you end up with this short swing top kind of thing.

I hate it when you buy Tshirts the look lovely but dont wash well. One of our bigger dept stores, Myer, does this Innovare brand, and they always have the Tshirts stacked in lovely colours, makes me want to buy them. They're nice T's, fine and not to thick with nice trim, no chunky neck or arm bands etc. One wash though, the shrink UP terribly and the bottom hem loses its shape and expands outwards, so you end up with this short swing top kind of thing.

Yes, that's very annoying. I've started dry cleaning my nice t-shirts, and they are holding up much better now. But in 2 years, I'll end up spending $50 to keep a $20 t-shirt looking good. Not very economical.

One of my peeves is this: why does every sweater or T-shirt have to be a V-neck? I look best in a boat neck or a jewel neck (like Audrey Hepburn used to wear in her films). And I am 57 years old. Nobody in their right mind wants to see my cleavage! And I sure am tired of looking at other long past sale date cleavages.

And lets bring back the 3/4 length sleeve while you are at it. This length looks really great with bracelets and yet hides the upper arm tragedies that many of us are afflicted with.

One of my peeves is this: why does every sweater or T-shirt have to be a V-neck? .... And lets bring back the 3/4 length sleeve while you are at it. This length looks really great with bracelets and yet hides the upper arm tragedies that many of us are afflicted with.

Where are you shopping? I love v-necks and have a hard time finding them. I'm very large chested, so a crew neck or boat neck makes my boobs look even bigger.

I agree with you on the 3/4 length sleeve. It's a very flattering style.

Unless you have short arms, and then the style just looks like your full-length sleeves shrank. All the 3/4 length sleeve shirts I have ever tried came about 2 inches above my wrist

Where are you shopping? I love v-necks and have a hard time finding them. I'm very large chested, so a crew neck or boat neck makes my boobs look even bigger.

Come to lovely chilly Toronto, Canada. This is the land of the V-neck, eh.:) And our dollars are cheap!

Come to lovely chilly Toronto, Canada. This is the land of the V-neck, eh.:) And our dollars are cheap!

Yet another reason to love Canada! :) I thought hockey, and health care was reason enough for me to love it there! Yeah! I need to get a passpart now though...:)

why do the clothing manufacturers think that plus size women have arms that would resemble a gorillas? Any long sleeve shirt I buy I have to roll the sleeves up about 22 times before you can see my hands. What's up with that?

My biggest Pet Peeve.

I have a very close friend. Shes the only person ive ever let as close as she is. Sometimes i think its onesided.

She is mentally incapable of making a plan. She cant ...literally cannot...say, "here is my calendar, and lets plan on doing x on date y." then working towards it, making arrangemnts and so forth. Its beyond her. THis has caused a few serious problems. SHe also doesnt realize that i can see her priorities by her actions. She will say "oh i wish i could take some time off and be there" but when she gets time off shes elsewhere. I just cant figure her out.

when she was single, i once saw her use a guy for TWO YEARS paying her phone bill and internet subscription, long after they broke up and she was dating someone else. I saw her in person, go to him like he was the only person in her life, acting like she ws so appreciative, but in fact the moment he left we would go out. She really doesnt care if she leaves people hanging in the wind.

I need a new best friend.

I ran into this same problem in jeans, too. I used to be able to buy Tommy Hillfiger jeans that fit fairly well. They were straight legged jeans, which are pretty hard to find in some stores. I can't wear boot-cut jeans or other fashionable styles because my legs are too short. I could get them in a length that fit perfectly. I went back to the mall to get a few more pairs when mine started wearing out, and the style was no where to be found. They don't make them anymore, apparently.

Jeans are a nightmare for me. My legs are usually too long for "averages", and a little too short for "talls". No problem, I usually just get the talls and be sure to wear a heel. But if I don't want to wear a heel, it's either have my hems dragging on the ground, or be ready for a flood.

And if the jeans fit in my hips, they're gaping in the waist.

Once I found a perfect pair of jeans at Gordman's. Bought them and they fit perfect, like they were made for me. First pair of jeans in my life, ever, even when I was thin, that fit well. I went back the next day to buy more and they were gone. The brand is back now, but they're this low rise cut (which is not flattering on me, since I have a "double belly"... you know, where it look slike a B instead of a ). Sure, that makes perfect sense! Anyway, when I wear low rise jeans, the waist usually hits the "fold" in my double belly, making it stick out over the top of the jeans. Which I refuse to have. Which means higher rise pants, which also means no bootcut or flare leg, which are the only ones that look right on me. *sigh*

Oh, something I said earlier reminds me of a peeve. I hate that kids are wearing really long jeans now, and apparently not washing them very often either. The bottoms of the legs drag through the dirt and ran and oil and everything else, and get filthy, and this is the style? And I KNOW they didn't get that filthy from just one wearing. Are dirty clothes trendy now?!?

One of my peeves is this: why does every sweater or T-shirt have to be a V-neck? I look best in a boat neck or a jewel neck (like Audrey Hepburn used to wear in her films). And I am 57 years old. Nobody in their right mind wants to see my cleavage! And I sure am tired of looking at other long past sale date cleavages.

And lets bring back the 3/4 length sleeve while you are at it. This length looks really great with bracelets and yet hides the upper arm tragedies that many of us are afflicted with.

Oh Green I have four boat neck 3/4 sleeve T's, I've got black, white, chocolate brown and jade green!

Although I like a deep scoop neck personally, whilst I can still get away with it. My chest is even the tiniest bit bony now, and I get a sick pleasure out of that!