Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

"Rude Ass Doctors"

One Doctor told me that I,was fat! I kind heartedly told him to take a closer look at him self.

And one Doctor told me after I herniated some disks."in my back, all I, will ever be able to do is flip burgers at Wendys as he smiled. So im filling a complaint with the state medical board. With all those years of education they would have learned some compassion or the meaning of that word.

Riley....I've known some older people that feel,since they are older they have the right to speak to people any way they want. Screw that, everyone should have manners. That was plain rude. Dont let that stop you from doing something so neat with your daughter, and fun exercise to boot.

I just realized, as I was checking my e-mail, the thing that peaves me the most is being sent an e-mail that tells me "If I truly love the Lord, I will pass on my e-mail to everyone I know". Since when has God commanded proof of e-mail correspondence as evidence of my commitment to him...uh, NEVER! Man...I loathe those e-mails!!!!!!

People who allow their children to play video racing games and then expect them to drive safely when they get their licence. These games are quite realistic and the cars go at sometimes well over 150 mph. If they're played long enough these kids can get a programmed behaviour in their heads that's really hard to ignore when they're on the road.

In our area we have a substantial increase in accidents which involve speeding youth and I have no doubt that this is a contributing factor.

I just realized, as I was checking my e-mail, the thing that peaves me the most is being sent an e-mail that tells me "If I truly love the Lord, I will pass on my e-mail to everyone I know". Since when has God commanded proof of e-mail correspondence as evidence of my commitment to him...uh, NEVER! Man...I loathe those e-mails!!!!!!

Me too! In fact, I hate any e-mail asking me to forward it to "X" amount of people. I don't understand how people fall for that nonsense.... "If you don't forward this to 10 people in the next 2 minutes, rats will come out from under your floor boards and nibble your toes off in the middle of the night" Followed by the validation - "This is really true. My sister's friend's father's best friend's babysitter's aunt, only forwarded it to 8 people and she now has to undergo a toe transplant to replace her missing pinky toes, so don't take any chances - forward this immediately!"

Gym Peeves -

~ People who insist on talking on their cell phones while working out -

especially when i can hear their conversation over my iPod!

~ Peole who do not spray/wipe down the equipment after using it -

GROSS!

~ How my gym advertises its towel service, but I have to wait till after

my cardio portion before they are ever out of the damn dryer!!!

~ People who fart on the treadmill repeatedly and refuse to excuse

themselves for a bathroom break... If it's just me and you honey, don't

you think I know where that God awful stench is coming from??? Stop

acting like nothing has happenned. I am about to pass out!

~ People who take extended breaks between their weight sets, get up to

walk around, and then get crazed when some unsuspecting person sits

down at the machine. - If you're not done - STAY PUT or SHARE!!!

Ok, BTW, while we're talking about emails - just so y'all know, anything you get that says you have to send the message t oX number of people or X will/won't happen - rubbish.

I get SOO many emails because "Forward this to 15 people and you'll get a free dinner!" or "Forward this to your best friends or you will have bad luck for 7 years!"... I mean - come on, we're all adults, aren't you a little old to believe in the power of chain letters?

Anything like that is spam. Don't ever fall for it.

i work in a cube land ... yes, i have speakers for my ipod ... but i can barely hear them ... i cant stand my neighbors who insist on LISTENING to their 'music' and ensuring the entire office "enjoys" it as well...

grrrrrrr.

"Click" and "cleek" are both accepted pronunciations for clique. Oddly enough, and technically, when you move it to an adjective only the "click" pronunciations are formally recognized. So it's correct to say "click" or "cleek", but not "cleekish".

Wheetsin, I stand corrected! I just assumed that the other pronunciations were wrong because I never heard them until the last 10 years or so.

However, if clique can be click, how come antique isn't antick, oblique oblick, etc. Go figure, hey?

Wheetsin, I stand corrected! I just assumed that the other pronunciations were wrong because I never heard them until the last 10 years or so.

However, if clique can be click, how come antique isn't antick, oblique oblick, etc. Go figure, hey?

I guess for the same reason bough, though, and tough all have different sounds -- because English is one difficult language. Luckily, we can blame the French for clique.

Don't forget "could care less". I don't care what anyone says, that isn't the correct phrase! The correct one is "couldn't care less", because you are trying to say that you literally don't care about something. If you say "could care less", you are saying that you do care.

Indeed. I think it's George Carlin (could easily be wrong) who has a skit about this. These probably aren't his examples, but you'll get the idea:

Tomb = "toom"

Bomb = "boom"? No, "bawmb"

Comb = "cawmb"? No, "cohmb"

Tough = "tuff"

Cough = "cuff"? No, "cawf"

Rough = "rawf"? No, "ruff"

Oh oh oh! Just thought of two more that I can't stand.

Ok, one -- when you ask something about some quantity, and the reply is "more or less". Well - DUH! "more or less" pretty much includes every possible number, so if I ask if there are 5, and you answer "more or less" you really aren't telling me a single thing.

And two, "incent" (as in the verb of incentive) is NOT a word. I hear people really far up the corporate totem pole use that ALL the time -- "How can we incent people to do this?" and I always want to say, "I don't know, that's not a word." The verb is INCITE, not INCENT.

I get really irritated when people come here from another country...reap our benifits and not only do they make no effort to speak ENGLISH....they expect me to speak Spanish! For example if you are in Miami Fl and get lost and do not speak Spanish...you are going to stay lost a long time! I was here first and I do not want to have to speak Spanish! And what gives you the right? The Italians do not expect me to speak Italian! I have had it up to here with the whole Spanish thing! I also think its rude to carry on group conversations in Korean while performing a personal service on someone such as doing thier nails! Hey Maria Alverez, Chin Lee! WAKE UP!! YOU ARE IN AMERICA.......ACT LIKE IT!!! Okay I feel better!