Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

Marimaru........Jackassery, what a great word.

-People who pronounce clique as "click" and niche as "nitch".

quote]

Devana,

How are we supposed to pronounce clique and niche? In WI we *do* rhyme with click & nitch . . . .

Thanks,

Bill

I hate it when people have body odor. Or someone in a cube next to me farts. Or the guy on the plane next to me takes his shoes off. Really I guess that boils down to "having to smell other people".

And it peeves me greatly that even though everyone I work with is 18 or older, mostly older, I will walk into the bathroom and find unflushed toilets, or feminine products on the floor, or smears of who knows what on the walls. I mean - what the frap?!?

People who pronounce clique as "click" and niche as "nitch".
"Click" and "cleek" are both accepted pronunciations for clique. Oddly enough, and technically, when you move it to an adjective only the "click" pronunciations are formally recognized. So it's correct to say "click" or "cleek", but not "cleekish".

Similar with niche. Accepted/recognized pronunciations are "nitch" (though the t is not very pronounced) or "neesh".

Very frequently I will also hear it pronounced "nick".

My pet peeves are:

1) people who drive a long distance with their turn signal on.( I guarantee you if they have an accident they would say "but I had my signal on", even though it had been on for 5 miles).

2) folks who say "excuse me" as a way of saying "MOVE". One day at Walmart a teenage girl stood behind me saying "excuse me" because she wanted to look at the same makeup that I was looking at instead of waiting her turn. ( We all have those Walmart stories don't we?)

That is only a couple of them. I have several.LOL

Imperfections in decorating.

I absolutely HAVE to buy things in pairs or threes. It drives me insane to find one print for example, or one plant.

My crockery has to match. My MIL insists on buying me gift sets of mugs for Christmas that dont match my all white crockery.

Pillows not piled just so, floorboards that arent gleaming and utterly perfect, any colour scheme that involves blue or yellow (ugh, vomit, bleuch), cottage style decor with patchwork and cross stitch.

I also HATED it when our cars were blue and grey and did not blend nicely with the bricks of our house as they were sitting in the carport. And dont get me started on multi coloured gardens - our garden is very themed to match the colour of the bricks, timber trim and fences, as are the feature walls inside, they blend with the outside.

Well.........the visit to my house has officially been cancelled! I did'nt realize I was making so many "faux paws". Please don't anyone drive by my house. LOL

:confused: I apologize for all of us bad spellers. I did not realized how irking our terrible grammar was for other people…well maybe .

Some people tell me that I misspelled persistence (Persistance) but English is my second language (alors, vous savoir pourquoi) so I sometimes get mixed up with the words. Please forgive me when you get across my awful mistakes. :nervous

A mix & match of things make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Aggghhh!!! Children out of the car-seats...but the parents sitting pretty,safe and buckled up.

People speaking loudly during mass (communion)/church services.

Mom's that aloud their children to hit them or others... and people that eat with their mouths wide open.

:confused: I apologize for all of us bad spellers. I did not realized how irking our terrible grammar was for other people…well maybe .

Some people tell me that I misspelled persistence (Persistance) but English is my second language (alors, vous savoir pourquoi) so I sometimes get mixed up with the words. Please forgive me when you get across my awful mistakes. :nervous

A mix & match of things make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Aggghhh!!! Children out of the car-seats...but the parents sitting pretty,safe and buckled up.

People speaking loudly during mass (communion)/church services.

Mom's that aloud their children to hit them or others... and people that eat with their mouths wide open.

Mais vous habitez ou, madame? Au Canada ou en France?

Je suis devenue curiouse. En effet je suis devenue drolement curiouse. Je regrette mais il y a une probleme cote accent par rapport la langue francaise et l'internet chez moi. Ca veut dire que l'accent grave, etc. n'existe plus. Helas! Et, m'enfin, je suis anglophone au fond. Tant pis pour moi, hein? *snif*

Raccontez-moi tous, s'il vous voulez.............

Talk about spelling problems! You might as well be speaking French!

J'ai habite en France il y a vingt cinq ans mais maintenant je fait beaucoup de fautes en francais. Je ne parle que l'anglais. On a tout oublie. C'est la vie. *snif*

Hmmm, oh yes! Pet peeves: People who take their tired, wet, hungry babies to a nice restaurant and the patrons have to listen to a baby wail because the parents didn't have the good sense to diaper, nap and feed their baby before going out that evening.

And...it bugs the heck out of me when I am standing in line behind someone, and they are carrying on a lengthy casual conversation with the clerk, after their transaction is finished. It is as if they have blinders on and can't see or hear the 7 other individuals standing behind them. Aarrrgh!

Also - why is it that individuals that know they are going to be on a toll road, decide to rifle through their handbags and pockets for the right change AFTER they've arrived at the toll booth?

Last, but not least - it irks me when a see a woman with a some extra weight on them with skin tight low riser jeans with a large roll of fat hanging over the waist of the pants, with a very low cut top with lots of boob spillage, and of course, it's midriff length. And let's not forget the "whale tail" of her thong hanging out the back of her jeans!!! Come on, does she not own a mirror to check herself out before she went out the door? Oooops, maybe she already did check, and thinks she looks "hot"....NOT!

That's my rant, sorry folks. I am PMS'ing I'm afraid.

Rachel

People that pass you on the road JUST to to turn at the next intersection or exit.

People that dont pay their bills and complain about having no money....but they have fake nails! HELLO, where are your priorities!

HUSBANDS that dont buy their wives anything for their birthday but spend $400 on themselves that week!

People in the checkout line that wait to start fumbling in their purse after the total has been wrung up. Did you not know you were gonna have to pay for all that.

People that b*tch and grip and go on..and on...and on.....

Je suis Mexicain de partie. Vie chez le Texas maintenant. Et faute d'orthographe chaque mot possible, presque tuant le peuple ici ! !

J'adore le Mexico. Malheureusement je ne parle pas l'espagnol apart de quelques petits mots. :cry

Hmmm, oh yes! Pet peeves: People who take their tired, wet, hungry babies to a nice restaurant and the patrons have to listen to a baby wail because the parents didn't have the good sense to diaper, nap and feed their baby before going out that evening.

And...it bugs the heck out of me when I am standing in line behind someone, and they are carrying on a lengthy casual conversation with the clerk, after their transaction is finished. It is as if they have blinders on and can't see or hear the 7 other individuals standing behind them. Aarrrgh!

Also - why is it that individuals that know they are going to be on a toll road, decide to rifle through their handbags and pockets for the right change AFTER they've arrived at the toll booth?

Last, but not least - it irks me when a see a woman with a some extra weight on them with skin tight low riser jeans with a large roll of fat hanging over the waist of the pants, with a very low cut top with lots of boob spillage, and of course, it's midriff length. And let's not forget the "whale tail" of her thong hanging out the back of her jeans!!! Come on, does she not own a mirror to check herself out before she went out the door? Oooops, maybe she already did check, and thinks she looks "hot"....NOT!

That's my rant, sorry folks. I am PMS'ing I'm afraid.

Rachel

These are my peeves, too! I really hate the screaming babies. And the one of 2bthin, the one about people only deciding to look for their money once they are presented with the bill in the grocery line. That drives me right around the twist!