Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

My pet peeves tend to center around noise. My number 1 peeve is people who talk in the theater (movie theater, ballet, etc). It enrages me no end.

Second to that would be people who let their children scream and shriek in public, or play loud obnoxious video games in public, or run around and climb all over things in a store. etc.

My patience and tolerance for these things is zero, and I often complain directly to the people themselves and am a pretty cranky curmedgeon most of the time. I think of myself as the crazy old lady in the neighborhood who always yells out "get off my lawn, you damn kids!"

I think our society had degenerated in terms of just basic polite behavior. While I loath people who have no noise etiquette, I am not a hypocrite. I would not dream of blaring my music so loud my neighbors could hear it, talking in the theater, or if I had a child, letting them disrupt adults in any way. I'm also extremely considerate of others when it comes to parking my car (always leave space for another car, don't box people in), sitting in the movie theater (try not to sit in front of people if there are other seats available), on public transportation (always get up to let an older or pregnant person sit) etc.

I notice, however, that it seems that there are fewer and fewer people who share my sense of etiquette, and I think that's a real shame.

Wow...you mean I can B*t#h with no recourse??? Here goes:

When you are on the interstate and drive slow in the fast lane..shame on you!!!!!

I am the CUSTOMER...without me, you would not have a job...so...where is the customer service ???????? And say "Thank You" when you take my money!

And last and most annoying... MY NAME IS CHARLOTTE, NOT CHAR!!!!

CHARLOTTE!!!!!! I'm dying laughing! I am not 'Sher'. Sheri Lynn, or SHERI - if you do not know me! And even IF you know me...my name is still Sheri at least. Like nails on a chalk board. Funny though, some people, can just 'get away with it' - and I don't mind.

OR...when people insist on singing "Sheri Baby", "My Sheri A'mour", "Oh Sheri". Like I never heard that one before!

Also...when people WEAR TOO MUCH PERFUME! What are you trying to cover up with all that stank?????????????? :angry

The smell of smokers on the elevator, coming back from smoking break.

The smell of smokers mixed with BO on the elevator.

People who come to work sick (and contagious) because they don't want to use their time off as sick days.

People who spray you with perfume.

Walking past the perfume counters in some of the more fragrant stores.

People who drive like asses on the freeway. No matter what lane they're in.

People who don't cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough.

Smokers who can't wait until they get to the smoking area to light up.

People who can't figure out how to use only one parking space in the lot.

That everything is so friggin' expensive nowadays, but over the last 7 years, my take-home pay has been cut almost in half.

Companies that force you to quit, because they don't want to pay unemployment.

Outsourcing.

The rising cost of medical care, thanks to insurance companies.

That when I sit down, my boobs rest against my stomach roll.

Second to that would be people who let their children scream and shriek in public, or play loud obnoxious video games in public, or run around and climb all over things in a store. etc.
That one drives me crazy. I am definitely not parent material, I guess, because I just want to yell, "Shut your effing kid up!"
I am the CUSTOMER...without me, you would not have a job...so...where is the customer service ???????? And say "Thank You" when you take my money!
You should go to this site. It is basically a place where workers can bitch about the horrible customers they've had.

Also...when people WEAR TOO MUCH PERFUME!

Yes! I am really sensitive to odors and I have asthma, so people wearing too much perfume can literally make me sick.

I have another peeve that I just thought of: People not flushing the toilets in public restrooms. Even the electronic toilets have manual flush buttons, so it really gets my goat when you are at the mall or movie theater and have to go from stall to stall to find one that has been flushed.

Unruly, noisy, whiny, screaming, ill-behaved, spoiled children and the parents who allowed them to get that way. Folks, if your infant child throws a tantrum and begins to disturb the social environment around you, the polite thing to do is to remove the kid from the scene, calm it down, and then return

People who change their children's diapers in public. Barf!:omg:

People who talk on their cell phones while driving. It's dangerous.:eek:

Telemarketers. All telemarketers.:angry

Sales personnel and telemarketers who waste my time by asking, "How are you today?" when it's none of their business and they really don't give a rat's a&& anyway.

People who block the doors on mass transit systems. These are the folks who get on a bus or subway car and then simply stop dead leaving everyone who is behind them forced to push pass them.

Cheap perfume. And perfumed laundry detergent, deodorant, etc. I wear good perfume. I don't want competition from my laundry or my armpits, etc. I don't want to smell of eau de Bounce!:eek:

Impoliteness, surliness, lack of good cheer, disrespect, whatever.... Though I frequent the Rant and Rave zone of LBT I am actually quite a cheerful, jolly, kindly grrl when I am out in public. I like to make people who come in contact with me feel good about the experience whenever possible. I believe that showing respect and kindness to our fellow human beings is one of our most important social responsibilities and I am always surprised when I encounter gratuitous arrogance and nastiness.:rolleyes:

Folks whose idea of a conversation is a monologue. There is nothing more boring than a one-way chat. I should mention to you that I spent my early years working in an enviroment which was top-heavy in female personnel; by contrast my later working years were spent building aircraft, a well-paid and almost entirely exclusively male dominated field. One of the things that I learned through these deeply contrasting experiences is that men are more likely to monologue than women.:phanvan

Growing old and watching your body treat you like your mother's body treated her. And feeling that this is unfair when it is only natural.

Dirty public toilets and the people who made them this way.:) What is this deal with not flushing?? Eww. Are you mentally ill or something???? This stunt, like much of what goes on with out of control brats, simply defeats my understanding!:help:

"Companies that force you to quit, because they don't want to pay unemployment."

You can fight this one. If you are 'forced to quit' you have an opportunity to tell the unemployment office what was done that made you feel that way, and they can judge the case in your favor. At least in CA, just thought I would mention. :rolleyes:

I also hate that my boobs rest on my belly.

I hate the part of my stomach that does the 'muffin top' thing. It almost doesn't matter what I wear sometimes.

Jackassery on the road.

Idiots that I have to work with. Namely, people who refuse to listen when they are told EXACTLY what they need to do to succeed at their job and refuse to do it.

Wow ladies, some of you certainly have a laundry list of peeves! I have laughed quite a bit reading them, because I can relate to so many.

Adding to the "misbehaving children" category:

At social functions - even if it is a small family function, WATCH YOUR CHILD. My husband and I are constantly following our 2 year around. She is rarely out of our site. But so often I feel like we are the only ones who do that. Do people really believe that everyone else at the party/function is just dying to watch and play with little Johnny for 4 hours straight??? I mean I am a total kid lover, but 4 hours?????

I also hate having to reprimand other people's kids when their parents are nearby. If you see your kid being rude, get off your ass and step in yourself. I do enough behavior modification at school with my students. And quite frankly, as much as I may love my neices, nephews or friend's children, I AM NOT THEIR MOTHER!!!!!

Me again...

Another that comes to mind is people who do not freshen up their deodorant before hitting the gym equipment. For the past 2 days in a row I had to cut my workout short due to nasty B.O. next to me. The first time the man smelled like sour milk. It was so awful I moved 2 machines away (couldn't help it if it was obvious). Today's offender was a woman. While it wasn't as raunchy and constant as sour milk man, I was still glad when my time ended on the treadmill!

Customer Service reps who cannot speak understandable English. I got hold of one the other day (she was obviously in India or somplace similar) and I kept having to ask her to repeat herself. Finally, she suggested I had a bad connection and should call back. I said, "I can HEAR you just fine, but I cannot undersand you!"

Marimaru........Jackassery, what a great word.

Oh, I love this!

-People who drive slow in the passing lane.

-People who take the corners slowly then speed up to beyond the limit on the straight stretches. I heard a song once with the line "he's a hero on the straight stretch, chicken on the curves". Loved it.

-People who use the term 'literally" when they mean "figuratively".

-People who pronounce clique as "click" and niche as "nitch".

-hair in drains. I can clean up any mess, vomit etc., but even thinking of gobs of hair in a drain makes me weak in the knees.

-The way my house smells right now while my sweetie is cooking up his Chinese herbs for his bronchitis concoction.

-Parents of students in my son's class who buy new flooring and horses before paying me back the money I spent to cover the cost of their child's class camping trip because they were broke. I'm such a softie. Maybe I should say sucker.

-My long haired cat when he comes in soaking wet and rubs himself up against my bare legs.

I'm sure I'll think of more. I'm usually pretty happy and accepting, but I've been having a bad week.

Heres my one, its huge to me. This bothers me to NO end.

People who are late!

Is my time worth so little? Are you that important and busy that you can't turn up at the time WE decided on? We all only have 24 hours in the day how is it that I have never been late in my life and some people are ALWAYS late?? How hard is it to call ahead BEFORE and let me know you are going to be 1/2 an hour late so I don't sit there like a twit waiting for you for all that time? Arrrggghhh. I hate it!

Drivers who tail gate drive me crazy. I always slow down and let them pass. If they don't pass when they can I brake HARD twice. They get off my ass then.

edie

-Parents of students in my son's class who buy new flooring and horses before paying me back the money I spent to cover the cost of their child's class camping trip because they were broke. I'm such a softie. Maybe I should say sucker.

Along the same lines... Family members who cry poverty. So bad that they can't even afford a birthday card for their goddaughter, yet find enough $$$ for new cars, cruises, and new construction homes... (am I bitter?) lol