Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

I have a few more to add.

With regard to improper speech - I hate when people say 'ax' instead of "ask". A co-worker of mine always has to "ax me a question". I cringe each time I hear it.

With regard to parents of my students - Don't get me worng, most are great, but it drives me crazy do be innundated with phone calls right after report cards go home. "Why did you GIVE Johnny a C ? I had no idea he was failing your class." First of all, a "C" is NOT failing. A "C" is an average grade. Second, I did not randomly GIVE Johnny his grade. Johnny's report card reflects the grade he EARNED. And third, the report card should not come as a huge surprise. Every graded assignment was sent home, signed and returned. If you have a concern, please don't wait for report cards to go home.

OK - I feel better now!

And I hate when my shows (especially 24, Grey's Anatomy, Despearate Housewives) go on a mini-hiatus in the middle of a season. I can live with a repeat every now and then, but sometimes it feels like every other week is a repeat!!!! ARGHHH

I don't like to see people drive down the street with their blinker on. I'm I the only one that looks at my speedometer. Surely they can see the light blinking?

i'm back from dinner tonight and i have a new one... when you order something and it's wrong so you point it out to the server and they go try to argue with you. listen lady, i've hated onions and tomatoes MY WHOLE LIFE. there is no way that i would order them now. argh!

and i am getting really sick and tired of anyone in my neighborhood that owes a cat. they let them run around outside and apparently my backyard is cat haven so they all gather and poop in our yard. if i have to clean one more cat turd out of my yard, i'm gathering all the cats up and mailing them to greenland. it's giving my dog a complex about pooing, to add insult to injury.

and finally, people who ask me when i am "due". i'm not pregnant, i'm fat.

:heh:

Jugglers and Highway Patrolmen

A Louisiana State Trooper pulled a car over on US165 about 2

miles south of the Louisiana/Arkansas State line.

When the Trooper asked the driver why he was speeding, the driver

said he was a magician and juggler and was on his way to Monroe to do a

show at the Shrine Circus. He didn't want to be late.

The Trooper told the driver he was fascinated by juggling and

asked if the driver would do a little juggling for him then he

wouldn't give him a ticket.

He told the Trooper he had sent his equipment ahead and didn't have

anything to juggle.

The Trooper said he had some flares in the trunk and asked if

he could juggle them. The juggler said he could, so the Trooper got

3 Flares, lit them and handed them to him.

While the man was juggling, a car pulled in behind the patrol

car, a drunken good old boy from Arkansas got out, watched the

performance, then went over to the patrol car, opened the rear door

and got in.

The Trooper observed him and went over to the patrol car,

opened the door asking the drunk what he thought he was doing

The drunk replied, "You might as well take my ass to jail,

cause there's no way in hell I can pass that test."

I cannot follow the awesome act of spelling in English the right way!!!!

Officer open the door for me too!!!

At least I will not speak French with anybody else again. I promise. Sorry “Green”:phanvan

Ah what about the pet peeve of people telling you that getting banded is cheating …right after they said you look awesome????!!!!!:faint:

I really was just teasing about you two speaking French---it was not my peeve!!

I can totally relate to the peeves regarding poor parenting. I owned and operated a day care for 20+ years. It sickened me, to see how far down some children came on their parents list of priorities. Sad. And then they wonder why they do the things they do to get attention.

I also have a new Peeve!!!

I buy DH a razor, and when I go back to buy refill blades, it is no longer being made....one month later??? No, now they have all the NEW and IMPROVED ones with a gazillion blades!!! Guess we will stick to disposable!!!

I am getting such a kick out of this thread----it never fails to make me laugh!!

Kat

I cannot follow the awesome act of spelling in English the right way!!!!

I think we are all willing to give slack to people who aren't native English speakers. It's quite admirable to learn another language, especially one as difficult as English. And it's understandable that their grammar and spelling would not be perfect. The irritant is the people born and raised in America (or Britain, Australia, S. Africa, and any other English speaking country) who can't seem to master the language. There's just no excuse.

How about people who abandon their pets because they are having a baby or moving? What a lame excuse for their callousness and laziness. Pets are a lifetime (their lifetime) commitment.

A friend of mine, who has 14 cats, was considering having a baby a few years ago. When we were talking about, I said that I hoped her child would not be allergic to cats. She said, "I hope so, too, because I'd hate to have to get rid of my baby." I thought that was hilarious.

Kat... I was kidding too!!! You are always so sweet!!!

Enterprise, thank you. I have three small dogs (Pomeranian, Spitz and PIG-POODLE). At the beginning we adopted the spitz, he is a great dog, and because he was lonely we adopted the pomeranian. My parents are now living at Mexico, when my little one went to visit ,they gave her a "tea-cup poodle for her B-day. And she brought him back to the USA with her.

The tiny poodle used to visit the other dogs outside at the backyard.I noticed that he spend all the time eating their food. My mom made sure to tell my daughter to only feed him a tiny bit of food.

My little one felt sorry for him , so she let him eat.

Now he is at least 25 lbs!!! and because he is not fixed he bites the other two dogs.One of them ended at the vet.

I feel embarrassed... what is a good reason to give a dog for adoption??

Kat... I was kidding too!!! You are always so sweet!!!

Enterprise, thank you. I have three small dogs (Pomeranian, Spitz and PIG-POODLE).:)

At the beginning we adopted the spitz, he is a great dog, and because he was lonely we adopted the pomeranian. My parents are now living at Mexico, when my little one went to visit ,they gave her a "tea-cup poodle for her B-day. And she brought him back to the USA with her.

The tiny poodle used to visit the other dogs outside at the backyard.I noticed that he spend all the time eating their food. My mom made sure to tell my daughter to only feed him a tiny bit of food.:hungry:

Now he is at least 25 lbs!!! and because he is not fixed he bites the other two dogs.One of them ended at the vet.:heh:

I feel embarrassed... what is a good reason to give a dog for adoption??;)

Just kidding.. will you give up a pet for adoption?
I have before. My dad is a veterinarian, so we have both gotten pets that were previously adopted by other people and we have given animals to other people. We have also had them euthanized if we thought that they might be a danger to other people or their pets. It sounds like you may have trouble giving your poodle away. Most people who already have pets would probably not take an animal that has a history of attacking other pets. And if you don't tell the person adopting it about it's history, you are legally liable if it attacks their pets or a person.

I have three small dogs (Pomeranian, Spitz and PIG-POODLE). At the beginning we adopted the spitz, he is a great dog, and because he was lonely we adopted the pomeranian. My parents are now living at Mexico, when my little one went to visit ,they gave her a "tea-cup poodle for her B-day. And she brought him back to the USA with her.

The tiny poodle used to visit the other dogs outside at the backyard.I noticed that he spend all the time eating their food. My mom made sure to tell my daughter to only feed him a tiny bit of food.

Now he is at least 25 lbs!!! and because he is not fixed he bites the other two dogs.One of them ended at the vet.

I feel embarrassed... what is a good reason to give a dog for adoption??

Oh my gosh!! First of all, go get that poodle neutered immediately. It's the only responsible thing to do. Then talk with your vet about getting him on a diet and exercise program and about seeing a professional trainer/behavorist. Do you ever watch the Dog Whisperer (Cesar Millan)?

http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/

He's amazing. He often states that he rehabilitates dogs and trains people because he believes that the source of a dog's problem is actually poor leadership, which comes from the owner. He advocates exercise, discipline, and affection, in that order. Cesar has a DVD specifically about canine agression. That could be a good starting point for you. It will take some time and dedication, but you can turn him into a good pet. Please get the help you need and don't give up on him. And please remember that very few animals who get turned into shelters ever find a new home.