Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

Like in the middle of this thread say, when someone posts "I am getting the lapband in Lithuania and would like to know what doctor you used"? That drives me mental, lol! But I think people dont know how to start a new thread.

Like in the middle of this thread say, when someone posts "I am getting the lapband in Lithuania and would like to know what doctor you used"? That drives me mental, lol! But I think people dont know how to start a new thread.

I didn't want to single anyone out, but it's pretty obvious, isn't it?

Oh, I"ve got another peeve today.

I took Eliza to her swimming lesson this morning. She's about to turn 4 and has just started. But in her class of 4 there's one little boy Ethan who's uncontrollable, one of those really distracted, busy kids that just has to be constantly admonished to pay attention. And a little girl Michaela who just howls the entire time and needs constant attention too.

I'm paying $70 per month for four swimming lessons and I feel like my child is not getting the attention and instruction she needs and has a right to because of these two high needs children in the class. I dont for a moment think that they ought to boot these kids out of the Water, but surely, two high needs children in a class of four is a bit much?

Yet another peeve. I'm full of them today. The packaging on CDs and DVDs. Whoever developed that packaging strategy deserves a special place in hell. I just got the Andy Williams 16 Biggest Hits CD. (Yes, I'm now officially older than my own mother.) It took me 20 minutes to get it open. That adhesive strip at the top would not budge.

Oh, did you see the Seinfeld episode on Package Rage? That was so bloody funny. How often does it happen when you cant get something out, those plastic bubble packs are the worst, you need a hacksaw to get into those. And all the twist ties on kids toys, AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. Not to mention cutting yourself on the perforations trip on the cling wrap box. Package rage, for sure. It would be justification for homicide.

I thought I would start a thread (sorry if there is already one like this), for people to share with the world, any pet peeves they might have - regardless of how small it/they might be.

So LBT.... What irks you?... What gets under your skin? Get it off your chest!!!

You have such a pretty face! I usually reply your face isn't half bad either, but you might want to start looking into some botox before it's to late.:heh:

and

Women talking to my husband as if I'm invisible....OH believe me it doesn't last for long when they do it. They catch the wrath, but it pisses me off to the highest of pistivity! :censored:

:yell: :yell: ARE WE REALLY CHEATING?????

She calls me cheater every single time somebody gives me a compliment and she is around! And even though I told her that this was getting to be harassing, she laugh out loud and with her most innocent face said

Honey this is what you call HATERATION. Hateration is a good thing....it reminds you of how wonderful you are. You see when people take time out of their busy schedule to do what they can to put you down, it's just their little cry for help. They don't want to wallow in their self-pity alone. Take it as a compliment because that's really what it is....petty petty jealously.

The next time she calls you a cheater...tell her, "thank you sweetie for the compliment. If you want I can try to get you some help too, but working on your problems may take a lot more time, money and energy than what you or any psychotherapist may be willing to invest. Let me know if you'd like me to help you search for someone. Choi"....and put her in the nevermind column.

Oh, did you see the Seinfeld episode on Package Rage? That was so bloody funny. How often does it happen when you cant get something out, those plastic bubble packs are the worst, you need a hacksaw to get into those. And all the twist ties on kids toys, AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. Not to mention cutting yourself on the perforations trip on the cling wrap box. Package rage, for sure. It would be justification for homicide.
I recently had to go buy a pair of scissors because I lost mine. Guess what? I needed scissors to get the plastic band off the scissors I bought.

Today I was thinking of an long time peeve: the shortage of tall plus sizes. Why is that when I go to the plus size section of a clothing store and wander around I am always finding more and more petite plus sizes, but no where near as many sections for tall plus sizes? To me it makes basic sense to have tall plus sizes-- being tall contributes to being plus size! We are bigger! Finding long enough sleeves is already troubling, I don't need to wade through shorter sleeves first! I feel that tall plus size is an undersized population.

Going along with this is another thing that has been bothering me latley-- On a recent CSI episode there was a body. They noticed that the seemingly female body was male by the size of the hands first. SO what if someone has big hands and feet? I have huge hands and feet! That doesn't mean I look like a man at all. And it isn't the only place I have seen that sort of reference. I have seen jokes or other things like that before. It peeves me. But you know what they say about a man's feet size and how well he is hung? Well I can always respond that if that is the case then I must be GREAT in bed :mad: when I want to joke.

Having a large body frame and being tall growing up wasn't always easy either. Tall girls tend to come in two categories-- the tall slender ones, and the athletic ones. I was neither. I was big like an athletic girl but oh so clumsy and not at all athletic. Until junior high when other kids started catching up I was always one of the tallest kids in my whole class (there was one or maybe two other girls at around the same height) and generally it was great because I could reach stuff but it did have down sides to it...

That is my story too Kyethra. I grew up thinking of myself as fat and being shamed for my size, when I look at photos, I wasnt fat in the least, ever. I was taller than average and not being tall and very slender, that translated into just plain fat. I'm an Australian size 16 at the moment, which is about a US 12 and I'd now be described as thin-ish - definitely not fat, but not model slender. Yet I can still shop in the plus stores if I choose to.

Which brings me onto my peeve - what adult in their right mind would speak to a child's mother in her presence, saying things like "she's not fat, she's just solid" or my most hated "she's just a big girl". It was like a tacit agreement that I may not have been obese but people still felt sorry for me for not having been born little and delicate.

Even when I was fat, I'd often envy my much more obese girlfriend because she's still petite. She's not nearly 6 ft tall, she doesnt have big feet, she's round but still feminine in a way I can never be.

I'm not as big or built like a man, so what on earth is wrong with being 5ft 10 and a size 12?

It was the other kids that would get to me in junior high- I rarely got teased- but sometimes I would- and then I would get teased and it might be about how I was mannish. Thinking back it was so increadibly riddiculous since in junior high my breasts were on this growth spurt that terrified me. I was wearing a D cup in the fourth grade and I had this imagine in my mind that would have to get a wheelbarrow... in the sixth grade I didn't even have a bra... Actually-- now that I think back, all the teasing about being manly was definitely over by the beginnig of the seventh grade. Huh. Must have been the boob growth.

But yeah, it was clothes that always got me. No buying shoes in stores for me unless I want to buy men's shoes. I don't get to wear women's gloves. That sort of thing. I'm the same height (and inseam) as my husband. Which is actually nice. But I've never been and never will be this delicate feminine thing. And I'm one of the short ones in my family! (I stoped growing for a couple of years when I had severe asthma probems) All my Aunts and female cousins are taller than me. All of them! and I have a lot of them. So you would think I would just get over it, but you see my best friends wear size 2-4. Both of them. They just can't help being skinny. And before that my roomate only weighed 100 pounds... I know all these women who are brillant scientists and thin! It can sometimes create comparison issues.

virtual models. They never are the same size and proportions as me and I have yet to see one that has the spare tires or flabby upper arms that I do. Of course the clothes all look good on them!

Even when I was fat, I'd often envy my much more obese girlfriend because she's still petite. She's not nearly 6 ft tall, she doesnt have big feet, she's round but still feminine in a way I can never be.

Trust me, it's no better being short. I'm 5 feet tall and have never been able to wear something off the rack. Not only is everything too long, but it's out of porportion, too. I love the new hip hugging jeans because they actually come up to my waist instead of up under my boobs. Although, because they are meant to be around the hips, I have to take the waistband in about 8 inches. Sleeves are always 6 inches too long and sweaters bunch up in the back because they are too long and yet not wide enough to fit over my big butt. Even petite sizes are not petitie enough -- they're really made for women who are about 5'4".

And Jacqui, I've seen your before and after pics. You look fabulous and even when you were heavier, you were very pretty. Femininity has nothing to do with size. Look at RuPaul. He's more of a woman than I'll ever be! I think it's all about self-confidence and attitude.

Oh, you're a sweetie!

I'm just ME now. I dont feel that way anymore, getting older is great in terms of how you come to accept yourself. But boy it made for painful teenage years.

Today I was thinking of an long time peeve: the shortage of tall plus sizes. Why is that when I go to the plus size section of a clothing store and wander around I am always finding more and more petite plus sizes, but no where near as many sections for tall plus sizes? To me it makes basic sense to have tall plus sizes-- being tall contributes to being plus size! We are bigger! Finding long enough sleeves is already troubling, I don't need to wade through shorter sleeves first! I feel that tall plus size is an undersized population.
It is the same with truly petite fat women. I'm 5'3" and I have a lot of trouble finding clothing that is short enough for me. Most plus-size clothing is built for taller people. I can't even find clothes in Lane Bryant most of the time. Their petites are about 4 inches too long. Apparently maufacturers think that women get taller as they get wider. Pants are hard to find not only because of length, but also because of scale. I carry a lot of my weight on my belly, but when I can find pants that will fit my waist, the hips, thighs, and ass of the pants are super baggy. Style is a problem, also. Being short, fashionable styles generally don't look good on me. Boot-cut jeans wind up looking like bell-bottoms. Shirts are a pain to find as well, because I have wide shoulders and shorter arms. Petite sizes will have shoulders that are too narrow, but the sleeves fit. Regular sizes have shoulders that fit well, but the sleeves are too long. Three-quarter-length sleeves look like long sleeved shirts that shrank on me.