Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Peeves you?

Two guys were walking... or were they running? I don't remember. Maybe they were walking... in Texas. Or was it Wyoming? Maybe Kansas...

HA!!!!!!! I do that! But it annoys the crap out of me when others do it. :)

I have to set the scenario, I have to make sure everyone is getting the right visual otherwise it messes up the story!

You're funny, Green! When our kids go to the movies with us, you can see them slink down in their chairs out of the corner of your eye. Fortuntately it seems like they are finally used to it because they still agree to go with us sometimes. They sort of laugh about it now.

My other spouse peeve (may as well get it all out!) is that when we go to parties and he gets a little buzz on, and he's listening to someone else's story, he always has to relate to them by telling everyone, very loudly, about the time (for instance) he and I took square dancing lessons and that we're certified square dancers, and that I had to wear a big skirt that stuck out and he had to wear a silly bolo tie, and how we do-si-do-ed and alaman left, etc., or some other obscenely boring tale from our sordid past. It's horrifying. Makes me want to head for the patio, toss back a few and smoke a cigarette. Gotta love the dude, he has a wonderful heart - and believe it or not, people love him! (Dork.)

Nothing deep and moving like I'm sure this thead is full of (I didn't read ALL 24 pages), but something that drives me batty.. slow people in the left hand lane. GET OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get serious road rage over this. Oh, and people that know there's a merge ahead, and we're all in this long line, and they go flying to the front in the merging lane just to cut in.. because they're better than everyone else and should make us wait longer. I'd be a horrible cop, I'd be arresting everyone of these people. Grr.

:)

Oh, Wheets, that thing with the jokes! That drives me really nuts when I hear people taking the long way round in order to tell a joke. People sometimes do it when they are showing you photographs, too. Oh, they say, that's Great Aunt Nelda over to the far left, or is it Cousin Gina? Well, she's my seventh cousin once, or is twice, removed, you know? In the meantime Green's eyes are getting really glassy, she's stifling a yawn, and she's thinking WTF!! :) Haha.

You're funny, Green! When our kids go to the movies with us, you can see them slink down in their chairs out of the corner of your eye. Fortuntately it seems like they are finally used to it because they still agree to go with us sometimes. They sort of laugh about it now.

My other spouse peeve (may as well get it all out!) is that when we go to parties and he gets a little buzz on, and he's listening to someone else's story, he always has to relate to them by telling everyone, very loudly, about the time (for instance) he and I took square dancing lessons and that we're certified square dancers, and that I had to wear a big skirt that stuck out and he had to wear a silly bolo tie, and how we do-si-do-ed and alaman left, etc., or some other obscenely boring tale from our sordid past. It's horrifying. Makes me want to head for the patio, toss back a few and smoke a cigarette. Gotta love the dude, he has a wonderful heart - and believe it or not, people love him! (Dork.)

My wonderful spouse tends to talk too much at times. When I got the lapband he told everyone at work - and I used to work with these guys until I retired - and he told my hairdresser.:) Oy vey!:tired And now I am getting my face lifted....gawd only knows what he has said about that!:paranoid Nope, I don't wanna know.:)

Oh, and people that know there's a merge ahead, and we're all in this long line, and they go flying to the front in the merging lane just to cut in.. because they're better than everyone else and should make us wait longer. I'd be a horrible cop, I'd be arresting everyone of these people. Grr.

;)

OMG that makes me foam at the mouth! Everyone here (Miami) thinks that they are more important than you -- they will actually drive down the shoulder to pass you! I REFUSE to let people cut in front of me when I've been waiting forever and they try to cut in.

Yeah, I'm in a Jeep 4WD and you are in an automatic transmission, gold, convertible, Mercedes two-seater. Just TRY and cut me off. My bumper is at the exact height of your neck.

And now I'm gonna give you the finger.

Ah Lucy, your post makes me miss all those extended fingers I saw in the usual maniacal traffic mess in Florida. Everyone is a transplant there and so they have nothing to worry about when they flip some jackass the bird. Here in Texas, they know each other or their brother or their mother's best friend and so they just can't give someone the finger without hearing about it later. Plus we ARE in the Bible Belt. They might be offending the neighborhood preacher.

I used to love (NOT) the traffic in Orlando. Invariably you could count on some tourist from gawd knows where, cruising along in the right hand lane and realize that they need to turn left NOW! They just cut across the other 2 or 3 lanes of traffic, while we all throw on our brakes, and they go ahead and make that left turn, without benefit of turn signal or any other indication of what they are doing.

Then you got your old farts dottering along at 30 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. And the very aggessive business executive who is fixing to have a fatal heart attack because he is so stressed from the above mentioned drivers. They don't honk or signal or anything, they just drive like a bat out of hell and brute force their way everywhere.

Then mix in the mother of 3 who's carpooling with 3 other kids in the car too and she's screaming bloody murder at all of them and steering all across the road - usually while drinking her coffee and putting on her makeup.

Don't get me started on the teenagers. They're all driving Mercedes convertibles, or Beemers and blocking 2 lanes of traffice while hanging out the windows and exchanging cell phones or lipstick or dope. Cool.

Yep sure makes you have a knotted up gut with the finger ready to fly.

I may have said this earlier, but it's a biggy. People who pop their knuckles. Or backs, or necks, or who cares what, it's all equally disturbing.

I'm like - CAN YOU GIVE A LITTLE WARNING NExT TIME? So I can leave?

Nails on a chalkboard - doesn't phase me one bit. This crap gives me the heebeejeebies.

Ok, let's see...

-poor customer service

-people talking on cell phones in the middle of a transaction (like if they're going through the line in the grocery store...they won't even acknowledge the cashier. How rude...)

Give me a minute and I'm sure I can think of some others...

I love this thread. There are so many peeves that I can relate to.

The thing that really gets me is the person at work, in the next cubicle, that insists on listening to all their messages on speaker phone. Hello!!! I'm over here trying to concentrate!!

How about the person that pulls out in front of you while you're driving 45 mph and they decide to drive 30 mph?

Wheet---you saying popping knuckles etc.---I could not agree more! One evening years ago, as we cooked dinner, my DD kept saying her neck hurt...all of a sudden she grabbed her chin, twisted her neck and the most HORRIBLE popping sound, I about peed my pants! Scared me to death! She cracked up! She had taken a raw egg noodle I was preparing to cook put it in her mouth and bit it, as she fake popped her neck. She damn near needed a chiropracter for real---I was ready to break it for her!!! She warns her BF---he is a knuckle popper----eeewwwww!!!! Glad she finally learned!

Had to laugh now at the memory!

Kat

My pet peeve: when DH takes off his pants and socks by the bed, and just LEAVES them there!!! Does he think they're gonna get up and walk themselves ten steps over to the hamper??? lol!

Bad punctuation irks me, like when someone places the period on the outside of the sentence (instead of where it belongs.) Especially teachers since they are apparently teaching kids wrong!