Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

gaffer what does your menu look like for a typical day. are you DiETING. or just eating what u did just less of it.

I have not really been dieting. I make a mental tally of my calories every couple of days to make sure I am not overeating.

As for what a typical day looks like, I always have a protien shake for Breakfast. I am tight in the morning and it is an easy no-brainer kinda meal that I can take in the car with me. lunch is often a small Wendy's chilli with the occasional small frosty. Supper is pretty much whatever the wife makes, with consideration of those foods that I cant eat. It is sometimes chicken, ground beef, maybe some Pasta. It really varies.

Snacks are usually some sort of yogurt.

I am dealing with some extra tightness lately. I have gone from 6CC to 5.5CC to 5.3CC to 5.1CC so my meals tend to be a little smaller and softer. Previously I had been at 5CC and found it pretty good, but just not restricted enough. I have the large AP band which holds 14CC total. I am hoping that as I lose som weight that my tightness will go away, but from experience, I seem to get tighter about 3 weeks after an adjustment.

For me the real key has been working out & being active. I dont worry about my diet if I am keeping to my workouts. I spend 50 minutes/day on the eliptical trainer at very intese rate and a HR of 140-160BPM.

Andrew! Dude! I thought I was the only one! "

what can I order to get the most food or Buffet mode as I think to think of it."

I also never thought of the clothes store thing though. That is another reason I need to put on my list as to the 'WHY' to do this. Being able to wear something other than BIG DOG clothes...SWEET!

Thanks for your candor! I really appreciate it

Steve

This has been a big thing for me. I the past I have always shopped at the big & talls shops. (We dont get many sizes past XXL in our department stores in Canada, that is what I loved about shopping in the states is that It was way easier to find oversize clothes even in regular stores). I was always left wearing what fit, rather than what I wanted to wear.

As for Buffet Mode, it is something that I had to get over. Leaving food on my plate, especially in a resturant, was tough. Also not wanting to get the biggest meal was something that I struggled with. Value & the right choice are often at odds after the band.

Dont worry about losing your identity. Sometimes it is nicer to blend into the crowd and let your personality set you apart. You will be the same person, just a lot smaller.

Andrew

Hello All,

I am new to this site. I have just started my 2 week pre-op diet. Wow that was a shock to the system. I am on day 5 now and it is getting better. I lost 10 pounds already. I am scheduled for surgery Aug. 6th. with Dr. Paul Stanish in Indiana. I consider myself lucky as my insurance is paying for the operation. I am 6'5" and 418. I can't wait to see my toes again. I have a strenuous job lifting etc. I was wondering how long most people were out of work. I am aiming for only 2 weeks off. The doctor said that would probably be ok. Any comments would be appreciated.:eek:

I agree with Jack. I had surgery on Wednesday and went in Saturday to catch up. Within a couple weeks I was lifting some 50# bags, but was careful. You will know if you over do it. Within a month, we were starting our busy season and I was doing better than I had in years.

You are going to see some great changes in your body in the next few weeks...

Bruce

:clap2:Thanks for the information guys. I am concerned about losing too much money from being out of work. good luck to everyone.

I can't wait to see my toes again.

I can't wait to see my, um, toes again too! :heh: I finally feel like I'm on the way. Had fill #3 on Monday afternoon and am down 4 lbs as of this morning. I think I may be close the my "sweet spot." After not losing any net weight for six weeks, this is a welcome relief. And I just put on a pair of "inspiration" shorts - they're size 40! I haven't been able to wear 40s since high school (I graduated in 1982!). WOO HOO! :whoo:

And I just put on a pair of "inspiration" shorts WOO HOO! :whoo:

:clap2::clap2:That is AWESOME!!!!!:clap2::clap2: I need to get me a pair of those! Thanks for the idea!

I had operation on Tues and was back on the job (deskwork) Thursday.

Well tomorrow is the big day!

I am leaving in a few minutes for Nashville since I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am tomorrow.

A little nervous as I have never even been in the hospital before.

By tomorrow at this time I will be BANDED.:)

Having this surgery was the best move I made for myself ever!!! No regrets and I really like the outcome everyday... My initial weight was 450 lbs but had to get my BMI down to have Lap-Band... Lost that weight and my official pre-op weight was 423... Had surgery on 7/12/07 and now I weigh 393 (18 days) and I've lost 30 lbs...

The air in my stomach was the only pain I had but walking right away helped... Now I walk at least 30 minutes a day... The key for me is making sure I have my 100 grams of protien on a liquid diet... The EAS shakes really help...

No complaints at all... Looking forward to hitting the gym in a few weeks...

Nate in Los Angeles, CA

Dr. Nishi @ Cedars-Sinai / The best doctor in the land...

Heaviest: 455+

Preop: 423

Current: 393

Goal: 280

Height: 6'6"

Hey Everybody just droppin in to see how everybody is doing.Me I hit a wall do to not getting my walkin/running in.I have stayed away from lifting but I am going to start that within the week.Also I want to push my XS Protein Shakes again.Hey they taste great what can I say.So I will still do my offers to my lap-band buddies,If you become a customer of mine--DONT WORRY ITS FREE--,,,I will give lap-banders my price on things I can Protein shakes and Vitamins being two of them cause you can only get these brands through a IBO. Feel free to e-mail me terri.mike@sbcglobal.net or visit my website MY ISLAND DREAM pw-stoff if you have any questions. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE GOT TO GO NOW AND DO MY WALKING.....

Got banded in Jan of this year been real pleased with it, went from 289 to today weighing 231. It feels awesome to have 58 lbs off. I never had a fill and it probably has slowed down my weight loss, I can eat more than I probably should, but the great part is I can't gain weight. No more 20 oz prime rib, and 5 pieces of bread with butter. Soda with refills...

By the way I tried a couple of sips of a diet Pepsi (my former drink of choice) and I suddenly found myself wondering why a drink that made my throat burn, eyes Water, nose itch, and stomach bloat was something I couldn't give up.

When I behave I find I loose a couple of lbs a week, I am considering getting a fill soon and pushing hard for the next three months to reach my goal of having my wieght start with a 1.. Now that's been awhile :)

My only complication has been my gall bladder. Tomorrow I go in for testing to see if it needs to come out. I've been passing gall stones and getting severe pain in my back because of it... at first I thought my back just kept going out, I have had it happen several times in the last 3 months. Agonizing pain, make a baby out of ya... Any one else experience that with their weight loss? I'd be interested to know...

Well I just got home from being banded. Sore, a little shoulder pain but overall it went great. Glad it is over.

I had 1/2 of my broth with Protein Powder and felt like I had had a 16 oz steak.

This is going to be great.:whoo:

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! A little confused as to why the pain is in your shoulder though.........

Great

It's from the nitrogen gas they use to pump up your abdominal cavity. It disperses through the shoulder joints for a lot of folks. Mine just felt like I had swallowed a brick!

Marc from NYC here --

I have been reading all of your post and you all sound great and congradulations on all of your progress wt loss, and return of your self esteem.

I had decided to do this one year ago -- and a situation came up that I could not at that time.

Well I have now realized that it is no longer a choice. I am literally dying -hypertension sleep apnea and have begun an agressive saving plan to have this surgery. The irony of this is that I am in the field of medicine(as a Physician Assistant) in a small office in NYC. We serve the poor and the office does not provide benifits. I am considered to be an excellant clinician but I can not take care of myself. It causes me alot of shame embarassment and guilt.

I may have to have this done in Mexico and frankly do not want to go there - I realize the physicians there are excellant and have been checking them out. It is not Mexico or them it is the fact that if I got into medical trouble I do not have access to them immediately.

Anyone aware of persons here in the states who do banding for non insured patients? The folks at NYU do but I called them and they want 26,000. That is way out of my range.

I have seen on occasion the term PB - what is that ? I see it associated with over eating post banding but do not know what the initials stand for.

Frankly (and I am not suicidal) but sometimes I feel that there is no hope as I can not ( despite many attempts to control) can not control my eating. This has and is rapidly having a great cost and continuing to the ruination of my life. Then I detest the idea that if I were man enough then I could do something.

Well enough for now and hopefully I have no alienated anyone with my raw gut feelings.

My email is silentfades@aol.com.

Again thank you all for sharing - you have encouraged me in a great way.

Marc