Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Random rant

No one should be able to have that kind of power over you.

Take it back with class and dignity. You deserve it.

I've thought about it.. And I won't cancel, but I will be prepared for the next time she makes an off the cuff comment. I will ask her why she has these misconceptions about a sleevers diet?

I know she had never heard of a sleeve before me. But if I remember correctly she does know a girl that had a bypass.

I am not perfect. I am not a role model for ANYTHING. But I have done well with this and hope to be successful long term.

I know what I have to do to achieve that,

Better than any armchair quarterback telling me what's best.

I've thought about it.. And I won't cancel, but I will be prepared for the next time she makes an off the cuff comment. I will ask her why she has these misconceptions about a sleevers diet?

I know she had never heard of a sleeve before me. But if I remember correctly she does know a girl that had a bypass.

I am not perfect. I am not a role model for ANYTHING. But I have done well with this and hope to be successful long term.

I think you are choosing the right way to handle it...and you ARE an example/role model for us newbies and an AWESOME one at that! So please don't let her rudeness affect you! I concur with lipsticks reply...

...answer any unwelcome/rude questions with a very wide-eyed, smiley yet sarcastic, "Well now, that's a very odd question/statement to ask/say to someone". And then you smile and move on. :rolleyes:

I think you are choosing the right way to handle it...and you ARE an example/role model for us newbies and an AWESOME one at that! So please don't let her rudeness affect you! I concur with lipsticks reply...

...answer any unwelcome/rude questions with a very wide-eyed, smiley yet sarcastic, "Well now, that's a very odd question/statement to ask/say to someone". And then you smile and move on. :rolleyes:

I'd tell her that you cannot go bike riding as you will be home eating carbs...but you noticed that SHE could really use the exercise and don't want to slow her down. And I would take every opportunity to critique her diet choices too.

What is wrong with some women? And supposedly our friends? Come on...

(OK yes I have PMS and feel unusually mean today. Please send all negative people my way and I will recalibrate them.)

I'd tell her that you cannot go bike riding as you will be home eating carbs...but you noticed that SHE could really use the exercise and don't want to slow her down. And I would take every opportunity to critique her diet choices too.

What is wrong with some women? And supposedly our friends? Come on...

(OK yes I have PMS and feel unusually mean today. Please send all negative people my way and I will recalibrate them.)

Well part of being a girl is my ability to change my mind a million times!

I cancelled. Her comments stayed with me longer than I would of liked.

That combined with issues between our children are not what I need to deal with right now.

Thanks for letting me use you guys as a sounding board :)

That combined with issues between our children are not what I need to deal with right now.

Yes we can!!! Change as much as we can! haha! And I really can't say i blame you...and I don't mind being your sounding board :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P :P

I had a friend come over today. I told her I made granola last night with my son... She said to me "should you be eating that" 0_o f**k I said we made it' date=' I didn't say I sat down and ate the platter afterwards... Ok better now, well, I'm still somewhat pissy but better.[/quote'] This thread makes me realize how lucky I am. I have a friend that is 14 months post op, 3 of us, where I work 3 of us have been sleeved this year with one more starting the process now. I am blessed.

Well done, Laura. Life is hard enough without dealing with other people's energy sapping behaviour and ignorance.

And anyway, real friends don't sit in judgment - instead, they accept, without question, that you know what you are doing and that's good enough for them :-)

I HATE people like that!!

"Can you eat that???"

"Yes ... can you eat ..." okay, well I'm not going to go THERE, but you get my drift ... at least I hope you do! ;-)

Seriously though, there are a TON of misconceptions about the sleeve.

Probably a wise move. I too am a strong person and can take care of myself. Everyone once in awhile a person comes along and sideswipes your confidence and removes every good quip that you could use to put them in their place and it is very frustrating.

The one thing I always taught my children was to never give someone else your power. Even if you chose to cancel you are taking back your power and recognizing what is right for you. When things happen that piss you off and stay with you that is just as aggravating as the event that occurred. Tomorrow it will be in the past and you will be moving on. She on the other hand may still be trying to figure out why you have chosen to distance yourself and that can be self satisfying for yourself.

One thing I had to learn the hard way in life is to recognize toxic people in your life and how to get rid of them. This sounds like one of those people and you made the right choice. They come in all shapes and sizes and many of them have hidden agenda's that basically try to steal you or your family's joy in slow insidious ways. My favorite is the one who likes to undermine your relationship with your spouse because they aren't happy with theirs. I rant sometimes sorry!

Bottom line you took care of business! :)

I admire your restraint. I may have smashed a platter of granola over his/her head for a comment like that. ;)

Im an independent caretaker. One of my clients happens to be my grandmother. Today was my first day back (part time). I knew I would be chatting before I started working, so I brought my Protein bar and was eating it while we chatted. The second I pulled it out of my purse she stated those same words "are you allowed to have that?!? gasp" Then she started in on ALL the things she wasn't allowed when she was young and dieting. -.- I wanted to grab her cane and hit her over the head with it lol

On a serious note...I can't wait until I lose more weight and get a job with NO family involved lol