Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

10 day wait for me!! It's so nice being able to talk to other people in the same situation! I'm so excited but of course a little nervous!

Hi ~

I couldn't find the thread you talked about posting. What happened yesterday?

Sherri

Done! It was a breeze :woot:

5 incisions, one a little bruised, covered in the superglue. Gas and "the runs" have been frequent friends, but besides that, I feel great. I started on liquid yoghurt last night and that helped with the hungries. I'm already sick of broth and tea :)

The nutrionalist didn't recommend a "mushy stage" so I have serveral servings of baby food and applesauce....I'm sure after 3 weeks I'll be happy to eat them even though I can eat "real food" by then.

Also ordered a new scale - mine's a $10 Walmart special that's at least 10 years old and fluctuates a few pounds w/in minutes. I need something more stable so I can keep an eye on things!

5 incisions, one a little bruised, covered in the superglue. Gas and "the runs" have been frequent friends, but besides that, I feel great. I started on liquid yoghurt last night and that helped with the hungries. I'm already sick of broth and tea :)

The nutrionalist didn't recommend a "mushy stage" so I have serveral servings of baby food and applesauce....I'm sure after 3 weeks I'll be happy to eat them even though I can eat "real food" by then.

Also ordered a new scale - mine's a $10 Walmart special that's at least 10 years old and fluctuates a few pounds w/in minutes. I need something more stable so I can keep an eye on things!

Another successful bander! We are on a roll now!!! I am glad everything went smoothly...you'll be healed and losing in no time!

Congrats!! Hope I can say that, "IT was a breeze"!!

Tammy it is getting closer...15th..15th..15th!! Sounds like you are soo ready:clap2:

ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING IS GRAPHIC AND ABOUT YEAST INFECTIONS SO MALE READERS/ EASILY OFFENDED/GROSSED OUT JUST MOVE ON PAST THIS POST PLEASE.

The antibiotic they gave me to take every 8 hours has absolutely REAKED HAVOC on my body. I don't normally get yeast infections. I'm 37 and have had about 8 in my life and have NEVER had thrush. I SHOULD have known, that if my mouth was overloaded as bad as it was with the thrush that I needed to go ahead and treat my other end for a yeast infection. I'm telling you what, I have NEVER had one EVER that was this bad.

My daughter has had a systemic yeast infection for 8 years now--since she had to have emergency surgery in a small town in Russia. She survives the pain and itching by taking acidophilus from the health food store (it's in the refrigerator because it's alive) and not eating sugar in any form. If you bake breads at all, you know that to "proof" your yeast for the bread (activate it) you add a little sugar and the yeast goes crazy. It becomes active and grows and grows. So it makes sense to not eat sugar when you are experiencing an active yeast infection. Also, as tammyj recommended, eating lots of unsweetened yogurt helps, too. Acidophilus is the active ingredient in yogurt, btw. Here's a little more about acidophilus:

ACIDOPHILUS

This is a form of the normal, friendly bacteria that live in our intestines (called flora). Our intestinal flora helps regulate our digestion and stool patterns. Yeast also lives in our intestines. The yeast and the bacterial flora are constantly competing for space, and generally they keep each other in check. Sometimes, however, our bacterial flora can get depleted, such as when taking antibiotics. This allows the yeast to overgrow, which can then lead to a variety of problems. Taking acidophilus restores the balance.

Hope this helps. I feel for you! Thanks for the words of warning to us who are still waiting for our dates. Good luck! Karen

Gosh synicalchick, I hope your feeling a bit better, that sounds terribly painful. :)

Kyathera, I'd get some liquid gaviscon or mallox, or ask your Dr for a proton pump inhibitor pill or a H2 blocker (re GERD) so that it doesnt cause you any pain after the op.

Hey Marchies!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you all! March and April seemed so far away back in January and now you lucky ducks are getting banded!!!!

I can't wait to share my scars and stories of gas!!!!!!! LOL

I've been off the boards becasue I was obsessing TOOOOOOOOOO much and it was driving everyone around me insane.

I'm back and have got spring fever.... BAD!

Keep posting and ENJOY that BROTH! LOL

Hello Everyone:

Doing much better to day - had a slim fast for Breakfast and a sugar free popsicle - 1 bottle of Water (so far) and now reading and eating/sipping cream of mushroom Soup. I know I should be eating and only eating, but the I got the soup really hot so I have to blow - wait a few (read) then get another bite. I should be ok.

Congrats!! Hope I can say that, "IT was a breeze"!!

Tammy it is getting closer...15th..15th..15th!! Sounds like you are soo ready:clap2:

Yes, we only have 6 more days and I am ready! It's hard to believe sometimes, but this time next week we will be banded. I can't wait!!!!

Hey Marchies!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you all! March and April seemed so far away back in January and now you lucky ducks are getting banded!!!!

I can't wait to share my scars and stories of gas!!!!!!! LOL

I've been off the boards becasue I was obsessing TOOOOOOOOOO much and it was driving everyone around me insane.

I'm back and have got spring fever.... BAD!

Keep posting and ENJOY that BROTH! LOL

I am so glad you are back Tracy!!!! I've missed you around here!!!

Hello Everyone:

Doing much better to day - had a slim fast for breakfast and a sugar free popsicle - 1 bottle of Water (so far) and now reading and eating/sipping cream of mushroom Soup. I know I should be eating and only eating, but the I got the soup really hot so I have to blow - wait a few (read) then get another bite. I should be ok.

Sounds like you're back on track!!! :clap2:

Tammyj: I some how feel like this is my journal (posting). I could write it all down and show it to only me, or I could post so all can see. For we all have failed, but I am willing to admit it to all and then start over instead of repeating myself. Not only that - others have expressed there failure as well - we are not "cured" with the band - we are "epuipped" with the band.

I hope the binge I went on yesterday will be considered and others will be able to learn from my mistake - I did great the first week. But food is our friend and because I didn't pb or slim, I thought it was ok, but it wasn't - I have to count my calories and stay on the correct stages.

Tammyj: I some how feel like this is my journal (posting). I could write it all down and show it to only me, or I could post so all can see. For we all have failed, but I am willing to admit it to all and then start over instead of repeating myself. Not only that - others have expressed there failure as well - we are not "cured" with the band - we are "epuipped" with the band.

I hope the binge I went on yesterday will be considered and others will be able to learn from my mistake - I did great the first week. But food is our friend and because I didn't pb or slim, I thought it was ok, but it wasn't - I have to count my calories and stay on the correct stages.

Veronica;

Well put Veronica:

We are not "cured" with the band ~ we are "equipped" with the band.

I am going to post that on my wall! That is a huge mouth full (excuse the pun LOL).

I am sooooo excited I read that!

And yeah I also agree that we could post in our personal journal or we could publically post and let others learn from our huge successes and our not so huge successes.

You don't know how happy I am right now.

Counting down the days....

Also I think i'm really going to be a mess..I already have a yeast infection,and I haven't even been on antibiotics. I don't know What the Hell is Going On???? I had this over a week ago , though it was gone with the ONE Pill treatment from the Doc but It seems to be back. Phoned the Dr again today , he gave me the one a day pill for the next 3 days.

I sure hope I can get this cleared up . I am afraid they will cancell my Surgery if I have it.

And eat yogart????????? Thats all I have been eating (along with cottage cheese and sugar free jello) for my Pre-op diet????????/

Any help on this matter would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Bev