Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Counting down the days....

Also I think i'm really going to be a mess..I already have a yeast infection,and I haven't even been on antibiotics. I don't know What the Hell is Going On???? I had this over a week ago , though it was gone with the ONE Pill treatment from the Doc but It seems to be back. Phoned the Dr again today , he gave me the one a day pill for the next 3 days.

I sure hope I can get this cleared up . I am afraid they will cancell my Surgery if I have it.

And eat yogart????????? Thats all I have been eating (along with cottage cheese and sugar free jello) for my Pre-op diet????????/

Any help on this matter would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Bev

OH MY...What IS going on??? I really don't have any advice because you are doing everything right to get rid of it. Maybe fight it both ways by using the over the counter creams along with the oral treatment. I don't think it would hurt anything. I hope it goes away soon!

Had my final pre-op appt w/ Dr. Featherstone today.

Went over the procedure in detail, showed me the band (the one that holds 4cc) I was concerned about the placement of the port. I'm short (4'11") and was worried that it would be too close to my waist line or sitting right under my bra. He's only had to do fluro for fills on one patient because her port is a little tipped.

I have to be on Clear Liquids 24 hours b4 surgery on 3/14.

I know not to pig out this weekend, but I told my DH I'm going to eat the things I know I won't be able to have for a while, if at all: Pasta, bread and steak.

The Dr. really put me at ease today and gave my DH a better understanding of the whole procedure.

I really feel confident I can do this!

Had my final pre-op appt w/ Dr. Featherstone today.

Went over the procedure in detail, showed me the band (the one that holds 4cc) I was concerned about the placement of the port. I'm short (4'11") and was worried that it would be too close to my waist line or sitting right under my bra. He's only had to do fluro for fills on one patient because her port is a little tipped.

I have to be on clear liquids 24 hours b4 surgery on 3/14.

I know not to pig out this weekend, but I told my DH I'm going to eat the things I know I won't be able to have for a while, if at all: Pasta, bread and steak.

The Dr. really put me at ease today and gave my DH a better understanding of the whole procedure.

I really feel confident I can do this!

You're on your way! Congrats! I'm glad your dr. put your hubby's mind at ease--I'm hoping for that at my pre-op on Tuesday. Hubby still has very cold feet because we are self-pay and he's worried about $$ for future possible complications (among other things). Have a great weekend!

The hospital called for all of my surgery arrangments on Monday. It really feels real now - at least my nervousness is gone and has been replaced with excitement.

I'm going absolutely, positively stir crazy.

I've been sitting in my bf's house since Monday - no cable and no internet (long story). He said he'd take two days off work to hang out with me, but then work is too busy. And he's working tomorrow. And he called earlier to say he's going out with friends, but I can come out and join him if I want.

I'm tired and I'm crabby and I really, really want to eat. I would give anything for Chinese food right now. Yesterday I went and hung out with my sister and on the way home I kept thinking, I could stop and eat it and no one would know. This has been a problem of mine, as if I eat something in secret the calories don't count. As if what matters is how much other people see me eat, not how much I actually eat. I stopped at a Chinese restaurant and got a bowl of egg-drop Soup. It had corn and carrots in it, so I strained them all out and fed them to my dog.

I've caught up on books I've been meaning to read for forever. I've taken my dogs for walks. I've done laundry and kept his kitchen clean, but that's all the housework I've had to do (not a fan of housework in general). Today I took my dog for a long walk down to a play place where there were no children, and I sat in the shade and enjoyed the breeze while listening to my IPOD and watching my dog run and play merrily. So really, it hasn't been that bad. It's no big deal. It's been a pleasant, relaxing week and there's nothing I should be upset or unhappy about. But I just feel tired and frustrated and I don't want another half a cup of Soup - I want to go eat all the bad stuff I eat when I'm feeling this way. Except I don't, and I'm glad I have the band so I can't go eat bad food.< /p>

But I just feel so frutrated with everything. My bf just called me to see if I wanted to go out, or if I wanted him to come home and hang out with me and I told him neither - for him to just go hang out with his friends. And I freaking started crying, which makes me more angry. If I go out I can't eat, and I can't drink, and no one knows I've had surgery so I'll be trying not to cringe and I will just be out of place. And if he comes home I'll just feel like going to bed anyhow, and I'll feel badly that he's not hanging out with friends.

I go home tomorrow and I'll go back to work on Monday. For the most part, all of my pain is gone and I'm just a bit sore here and there. I got my nails done yesterday and after I'd sat in one place for over an hour, it hurt so bad to stand up. It's strange - the place that hurts is not actually near any incision - it's like the muscle of my lower-right abdomen. I have to really make sure I get up and walk around and work next week so my muscles don't tighten up like this and have me walking hunched over.

Sorry to post in the midst of my mini-crisis. Honestly, I think I was more attached to food than I realized, and it's emotionally draining to me after a week of only liquids. I feel very little restriction. And I feel hungry, but rarely is it an actual stomach hungry - my head is hungry. I just desire to eat.

My bf doesn't own a scale, so I'm really hoping I'll return home tomorrow, exactly one week post-op, and see amazing results. I'll be better for having gone through this, right?

I'm going absolutely, positively stir crazy.

I'll be better for having gone through this, right?

FOR SURE! Isn't that ALL of our hope--we have to hold on to that. There are bound to be ups and down--I'm sorry you are in a "down" period right now but keep your eye on the goal. It's good to know what we can expect from those who have gone before--you are a pioneer to many of us. Keep on truckin!! Have a safe trip home. Good luck!

Thanks for everyone reporting in about their experiences the first few days of post-op. I have been rather concerned about this time period because I have not gotten a lot of information from my doctor. He had told me several times that everyone is different... DUH!

I started my pre-op diet on Sunday and when I went to weigh at my PCP's office today, I was down 14 pounds from the last time I was in! (which was a bout 3 weeks ago) I know I have lost most of that weight this week!:whoo: I was so excited! I am down to seven days left, and I am ready to get this over with! My band doctor called this morning and I am scheduled for surgery at 1pm on the 16th. We are :( flying out on Tuesday so DH and I can have some R&R :D before my surgery!

For everyone that has had surgery--Take care, if you have not had surgery, the time can't come fast enough!

There is also prescription strength creme if monistat doesn't work. My very first yeast infection I ended up going to the ER cause I couldn't get an apointment at the Women's Clinic for several days and something was up! I had all the symptoms but everything I read says if it is your first one get it checked out by Dr. And I had had previous gynecological problems earlier that year so I was a little freaked out by this new gyno infection I never had before. So I got an exam at the ER. I had an UTI along with a yeast infection. Bad one too. First got put on diflucan then used monistat. Then my doctor wrote me out a script for the prescription based vaginal stuff... it didn't want to die! So now whenever I get the first signs of one I start treatment.

I saw my doctor today for a Migraine. I went to a walk in clinic because it was the worst I had ever had-- it just wouldn't go away even after 24 hours and nothing I was doing worked-- meds, massage, etc. So the walk in clinic doc gave me toredol and then that didn't work so she decided it wasn't that bad and offered to call my doctor. My doctor had them send me on up and fit me in. She gave me a large dose of demerol and vistril and also a prescription for imitirix (said it would work better than my current meds). And it did help a lot. But I can still feel the headache trying to elbow its way in... I think it is comming from these stiff neck muscles that won't relax so I am doing other things like ice pack, lidocaine ointment on it now, etc.

I really want bread. I am so sick of this liquid diet. I miss cheese too. I would gladly eat cottage cheese. Instead of being super hungry and ending up binging or something I am going to go have one of those lean frozen meals and see how that tides me over...

Heyall you post op bandsters:

When I get to a certain level of emotion (up~down~whatever) I am makingbetterchoices and instead of eating, because gawd knows I have always filled that gap with food, matter it be secretive (calories don't count) or out with food friends (friends who only meet with you at restaurants), I live near 2 massage schools, and 2 cosmetology schools, and they have been pretty good so far about squeezing me in for "anything" and anything means, from a facial to a scientific brushing. You know what is realllllllllly good? No matter what service you choose it is pampering for "you" and every single service takes 1 hour, and by the time 1 hour is gone by the food craving is gone, especially if you take in a 23 ounce Water bottle with crystal light tea. The services start at $5.00 and go up so they are about the same that you would spend at a restaurant and take up the same amount of time.

I REALLY love this idea I came up with and sometimes feel a little guilty, just like the food makes me feel. Sometimes the services; because they are all performed by students are NOT the best, but conversation is good and I consider it "food therapy". Nobody knows I am there because of the band, I think they just think I like pampering; which I do.

I really want to get into clothes shopping, but clothes are expensive and I still need to shop at oversized stores. Plus there is the food court and See's candies and Starbucks (trigger points) in every Mall around here; but it would be excercize!! :(

I hope that if you have great food therapy ideas you would share with the rest of us, even if they are lame, because I am always looking for some release other than "food".

Another IMPORTANT post::

If you are going to take Loritab for pain relief, be prepared that you will get constipated! I have NEVER been constipated in my life and I have taken very little of pain meds (loritab) generic (vicidan) and even on one dose dailyor every other day has made the plumbing get messed up. Which in turn stops the weight loss and makes us CRAZY! Especially when we are in bandster hell!

Hey girls I'm back from the lovely Lyon, France!!!!!!!!! Banding was on the 7th and it was good. Had a very good experience. I got to the airport on Sunday and sat on the runway for 2 hours due to snow!!!!!!!!! Finally flew, got to Milan, missed my connecting flight. Flew the next morning at 7am got to Lyon, met with Dr. Frering at 10:30 all set. Monday nite had an amazing dinner of beef , salad, baked potato and brownie dessert. Tues. checked into clinic at 12:30. had endoscope at 1:30 , all clear. Clear liquids- surgery time 9am. Get to operating room, pretty nervous but MUCH better than expected!!!!!!!!!! In the operating room get onto a table that looks alittle like a gyn table. Last thing i remember is telling the Dr. take good care of me i have 4 babies at home. Woke up in post op- pain about a 4. Moving to a 6..6 times trying to restart the damn iv..ok that HURT! My arms look terrible. Finally some relief. back to room. Some real pain relief in a shot..life is good. At 3 o'clock get up to pee.Painful to get to side, ouch!! 4 o'clock..water!! 6 o'clock ..broth..very yummy! to sleep at 7:30. great nite sleep , a bear getting up to pee. next day, up for shower. I feel really good(still in hospital). get shower go to put socks on and ..............and the chair slipped backwards and i fell on my butt!!!!!!!!!!!Can I tell you that i am wincing just writing this. I was fine but alittle freaked.Check out with doc- ok to leave. Get bandages changed. WOW alot on swelling on tummy. 5 incisions. Go back to hotel. Hang out - go to mall shopping , walking is good but slow! Home to hotel more boullion...good nite of movies. Friday sleep in, shower off to airport. Note to self...it's a bitch flying after stomach surgery.Got home 3:30am..went to sleep.

I will say that I had no real gas pain to speak of. I LOVED using the heating pad though. On my back it was soothing and on this damn port site which is tender. The swelling is going down. I am sooooooooooo glad I got this done. All of you that are waiting , you will do just fine!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I am so excited, I will finally have my surgery on the 19th. I started my preop diet on the 04Mar and have lost 7lbs. I am so thankful to all of you for sharing your journey with all of us. I will keep you guys posted. God be will all of your throughout this venture.

:clap2: Way To GO :clap2:

My scale showed that I had lost 11 lbs so far today, but I'm affraid to change my ticker out of fear that it will go back up! Before banding I was always up and down 15 lbs. Hope being banded will be the end to the roller coaster ride I call my "scale!"

Hi, could you please tell me how to insert the TickerFactory on my signature? I am getting closer to my band date (19mar) and would like to have a ticker:help: .

:welcomeB: Hazelbunny, SGDodge06, and deshar!!!!!!!!!!!