Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

I was the same way sugarbear - my 10 year old read my dischage papers and they say -Do not stay in bed all day - so the next day she said - Momma get up - my 8 year old said leave her alone - she said she told her momma is suppose to be up read this - she read and then they both said momma get up. Needless to say - I wasn't able to stay in bed, they had me up and walking around, which is a good thing - I started washing clothes - making 3-4 trips just to fill the washer (not lifting anything heavy). Just think of it as consuming less calories and burning them up -

I was thinking wow - I'm not hungry if I move around I can burn some fat up - and It worked 14 pounds down.

Day after surgery. I am soooooooo sore. Guess all that didn't show up yesterday. Nothing I can't deal with. Be glad when all the air disapates. It is verry unconfortable. I want to breath deep but can't yet. I am walking and not laying around. Just going about my usual without lifting. Wonder how long this lasts? I will just keep walking. Good luck to all you bandsters to be. Even though I am new at this, I will be glad to answer any questions you guys have.

Ok... Yup.. I was put on liquid antibiotics and I now have a raging case of both thrush and a yeast infection. Discuss this with your dr and he can prescribe the one dose pill for the south and a mouth swish for you mouth.

Dose everyone get put on antibiotics after surgery? If so, I have a problem with them. I seem to always get a yeast infection, sorry so personal here but I want to make sure I have some monistat (sp) if needed.

What my doc did was whenever she wrote me out a prescription for antibiotics she always just wrote me out a prescription for diflucan too since if I am on antibiotics I tend to get an infection-- not always but enough of the time. She would also give me benadryl if it was a new antibiotic since I'm allergic to most of the ones I've taken and then I would have to go back if I needed prednisone. Then when I had to switch primary care doctors she just wrote a script for six diflucan so that way I don't necessarily have to remember to always ask the new doc for a diflucan if I get a sinus infection or something. Probiotics are good but sometimes they are just not enough... I also always try to keep a box of monistat around just in case.

Also when the immune system is weak warts are more likely to be gotten-- I have gotten them before on my finger tips where I have had blood pricked. I guess hosptials are one place that that virus is rampant. So wash the hands a lot, always have feet covered (though I hear putting em in listerine helps), etc.

I had a cold earlier this week but its gone now. Instead I have a Migraine today :girl_hug: Also scheduled my preop stuff for monday-- my surgery is on Wednesday. They asked a bunch of questions about my conditions and medications and so forth. And that made me remember that the couple of surgeries he had my brother had a fever afterwards and it might have been due to anesthia. But I was fine last time I had surgery a few years ago. And I told them I was narcoleptic and all that and that I don't have sleep apnea per last sleep study and am on autopap now to confirm it and results per autopap do confirm that. Nurse asked if I snored and I said, no I moan a lot. LOL. Well I do. I am a mess sleep wise. I hope I don't have to explain all my various sleep disordered stuff to everyone... but if I do I guess I do. For preop I go in for an x ray or something in x ray. Then I talk to insurance. Then I see a doctor for a physical. Then I see the anesthiologist. Then I go to the lab. Then the afternoon of tuesday they call me to let me know what time my surgery is on Wednesday. I have no clue! Not even am or pm... So a little nervous about that and just post op pain. I also left a message for my surgeon about my port location because I want mine on my right side because on my left side I have an entrapped nerve ending in my abdominal wall. So we'll see. I sound like such a mess... But this is why I need the tool!

I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days. I ate pizza yesterday because I was obcessing over it and it was good... but bad me! So now back on the liquids again. I'm also anxious about grad school admissions.

Any other marchers have GERD? I thought that maybe the liquid diet would make it better since that stuff is easier to digest supposedly but nope if anything that seems to be worse for my GERD. I'm nervous about the impact the band will have on my GERD. I'm really hoping it improves it. If it doesn't for some reason there is something called the stretta procedure my surgeon talked about. So now I am just waiting more or less.

Way to go all you new bandsters!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are all doing great ..keep me posted I have one more week to wait. Thanks for the reminder about Small small small bites when I get the urge....and I know I will. Even this week of Pre diet I have been so tempted to go CRazzzzzy, but the worst thing I put In my mouth was some small pieces of chicken breast wooooooooooooh Rebel..

I know now that I really should have gone to a few buffets before I started this.

Bev

Thanks Pam the gas trapped in my body is much better today. I had the chiropractor adjust my neck only and WOW what relief.

Here's my question....Everytime I swallow anything I become like an old woman belching not burping but belching. Most times it comes out easy and it always feels better after. I feel fine and am not nauseated or anything and tylenol is all I'm using for pain so I am assuming I'm ok!!

Thinking I should change my name on here to BurpGirl:D

Thanks Pam the gas trapped in my body is much better today. I had the chiropractor adjust my neck only and WOW what relief.

Here's my question....Everytime I swallow anything I become like an old woman belching not burping but belching. Most times it comes out easy and it always feels better after. I feel fine and am not nauseated or anything and tylenol is all I'm using for pain so I am assuming I'm ok!!

Thinking I should change my name on here to BurpGirl:D

What is the difference between burp and belch? I am serious I never knew there was a differnce, other than some people say belch, some people say burp.

ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING IS GRAPHIC AND ABOUT YEAST INFECTIONS SO MALE READERS/ EASILY OFFENDED/GROSSED OUT JUST MOVE ON PAST THIS POST PLEASE.

The antibiotic they gave me to take every 8 hours has absolutely REAKED HAVOC on my body. I don't normally get yeast infections. I'm 37 and have had about 8 in my life and have NEVER had thrush. I SHOULD have known, that if my mouth was overloaded as bad as it was with the thrush that I needed to go ahead and treat my other end for a yeast infection. I'm telling you what, I have NEVER had one EVER that was this bad. I had to leave early from work today and by the time I got home I was boohooing like a big baby. I'm like raw shredded meat down there and am even a little bloody. I took a prescription oral pill for this on Tuesday and it doesn't seem to be helping. My DH, thank god, came home this afternoon (he travels) and got me some maximum strenth itch/burn stuff then went back later after I boo hoo'd and cussed when I had to tinkle, to buy the 3 day treatment stuff. I have been using ice packs on it as well and that seems to help. It seems the worst around my ureathra and clit. It was murder when he was putting on the topical stuff. I'm calling the doc tomorrow, though, I don't think there is anything else we can do since I'm already using the prescrip stuff. I am going to make note of the name of this antibiotic that I was given so I don't ever take it again.

Am I the ONLY one this has happened too? I haven't read about anyone else going through this on my feb & march post. For those of you not yet banded... please speak with your doc about the possibility of getting a yeast infection and see if there are any preventative measures you can take or maybe you can at least get some supplies to prepare for the possibility. After you are banded, if you find that your mouth/tongue starts getting sore and discolored.. PLEASE call your doc and don't wait like I did. I'm really paying for it now.

Tracy

Tracy,

I am so sorry for your pain.

I was the one who had 2 surgeries and after the first one; I was put on antibiotic as well.

I thought it was interesting my tongue turned colors,but thank god it never went any further than that!!!!!

How about douches (sp?) will that help with the burn? How about your DH using a spray bottle with vinigar Water and just spritz you every 5 minutes or so with you laying spread eagle on towels and the shower curtain on your bed.

My dr. does not typically give antibiotics after lapband surgery,but my first surgery punctured my colon so antibiotics were needed. But after the REAL 2nd surgery (7 days later) I did not have any antibiotics but I did have funny tongue. It is gone now THANK GOODNESS.

I wish I could do something for you. Keep us posted.

Updating for you guys, cause I don't think I have in a couple days. I go in tomorrow for my one week post op appointment and I'm soooo excited to go on the full liquids (I know, that's weird). I'm going to ask them if I can have pretty much anything that I can puree into a liquid, cause I'm pretty sure I can, but I'm def gonna ask first. Yesterday I wasn't in any pain except when I lay on my side my incisions hurt a little so I'm still pressing a pillow against my tummy to sleep. I went to the gym last night with a friend of mine, just to walk on the treadmill. Walked for about 30 mins between 1.4 and 1.9 MPH....hahaha soooo slow. But I was there at like 1am, so I doubt anyone noticed. I did ok with the walking, but it seriously tired me out and my stomach hurt...not like the band or the incisions, but the muscles were just tired like they had had a mild workout. Normally on the treadmill I don't feel like that. Especially on my sides and lower stomach. It was a weird feeling. Today I ran a bunch of short errands and was completly fine. Tonight I had a friend of mine go to the grocery store with me so he could carry stuff. :girl_hug: We were at Walmart for maybe 45 mins and I was REALLY worn out. I think it's just because I'm hardly having anything to eat. But anyway, got home and I only carried a couple really light bags up the stairs to my apt, made my friend carry the rest. :cake: He didn't mind, that's why he came with me. I've only been taking pain meds before I go to sleep, don't know that I really need them, but I'd rather take them and have a good nights sleep than keep waking up every few hours. Going to the doctor's office at 9:30am, I'm kinda excited because since I was in the office two weeks ago, I lost freaking 20lbs!!!! I don't know where I'm losing it from cause I don't think I look any different. Probably mostly Water weight, but you gotta start somewhere!!! :)

ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING IS GRAPHIC AND ABOUT YEAST INFECTIONS SO MALE READERS/ EASILY OFFENDED/GROSSED OUT JUST MOVE ON PAST THIS POST PLEASE.

The antibiotic they gave me to take every 8 hours has absolutely REAKED HAVOC on my body. I don't normally get yeast infections. I'm 37 and have had about 8 in my life and have NEVER had thrush. I SHOULD have known, that if my mouth was overloaded as bad as it was with the thrush that I needed to go ahead and treat my other end for a yeast infection. I'm telling you what, I have NEVER had one EVER that was this bad. I had to leave early from work today and by the time I got home I was boohooing like a big baby. I'm like raw shredded meat down there and am even a little bloody. I took a prescription oral pill for this on Tuesday and it doesn't seem to be helping. My DH, thank god, came home this afternoon (he travels) and got me some maximum strenth itch/burn stuff then went back later after I boo hoo'd and cussed when I had to tinkle, to buy the 3 day treatment stuff. I have been using ice packs on it as well and that seems to help. It seems the worst around my ureathra and clit. It was murder when he was putting on the topical stuff. I'm calling the doc tomorrow, though, I don't think there is anything else we can do since I'm already using the prescrip stuff. I am going to make note of the name of this antibiotic that I was given so I don't ever take it again.

Am I the ONLY one this has happened too? I haven't read about anyone else going through this on my feb & march post. For those of you not yet banded... please speak with your doc about the possibility of getting a yeast infection and see if there are any preventative measures you can take or maybe you can at least get some supplies to prepare for the possibility. After you are banded, if you find that your mouth/tongue starts getting sore and discolored.. PLEASE call your doc and don't wait like I did. I'm really paying for it now.

Tracy

Oh my dear Tracy, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I was once prescribed an oral treatment for yeast when I was on antibiotics. It was more affective than the over the counter creams. I only had to take one pill. I was prescribed 2, but never took the second one because the first one worked so well. I wish I could remember the name. Eat lots of yogurt...the cultures in yogurt help battle the yeast. I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Updating for you guys, cause I don't think I have in a couple days. I go in tomorrow for my one week post op appointment and I'm soooo excited to go on the full liquids (I know, that's weird). I'm going to ask them if I can have pretty much anything that I can puree into a liquid, cause I'm pretty sure I can, but I'm def gonna ask first. Yesterday I wasn't in any pain except when I lay on my side my incisions hurt a little so I'm still pressing a pillow against my tummy to sleep. I went to the gym last night with a friend of mine, just to walk on the treadmill. Walked for about 30 mins between 1.4 and 1.9 MPH....hahaha soooo slow. But I was there at like 1am, so I doubt anyone noticed. I did ok with the walking, but it seriously tired me out and my stomach hurt...not like the band or the incisions, but the muscles were just tired like they had had a mild workout. Normally on the treadmill I don't feel like that. Especially on my sides and lower stomach. It was a weird feeling. Today I ran a bunch of short errands and was completly fine. Tonight I had a friend of mine go to the grocery store with me so he could carry stuff. :girl_hug: We were at Walmart for maybe 45 mins and I was REALLY worn out. I think it's just because I'm hardly having anything to eat. But anyway, got home and I only carried a couple really light bags up the stairs to my apt, made my friend carry the rest. :cake: He didn't mind, that's why he came with me. I've only been taking pain meds before I go to sleep, don't know that I really need them, but I'd rather take them and have a good nights sleep than keep waking up every few hours. Going to the doctor's office at 9:30am, I'm kinda excited because since I was in the office two weeks ago, I lost freaking 20lbs!!!! I don't know where I'm losing it from cause I don't think I look any different. Probably mostly Water weight, but you gotta start somewhere!!! :)

Sounds like you are getting some energy back! I don't want to sound like mother hen, but don't push too hard! 20lbs is a great somewhere to start!!! :clap2:

bronnie70 - 03/09

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Way to go all you new bandsters!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are all doing great ..keep me posted I have one more week to wait. Thanks for the reminder about Small small small bites when I get the urge....and I know I will. Even this week of Pre diet I have been so tempted to go CRazzzzzy, but the worst thing I put In my mouth was some small pieces of chicken breast wooooooooooooh Rebel..

I know now that I really should have gone to a few buffets before I started this.

Bev

I'm in the one week wait with ya! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! :clap2:

Just curious, How tall are you? Our goal weight is about the same.

Good Morning All:

I didn't have a good day yesterday - I was bad - I posted on another thread and you can find it and read if you like - however - I don't want to re-post because I don't want ANYONE to think "Well if she can do it I can to" NO, what I did was wrong and that is the reason I got the band - I hope I didnt sabbatoge my weight loss.

I have put yesterday in my past and will focus on my creamy liquid stage.