Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

BandSTAR is home from surgery and YAY it's over. I made it through. I have NO pain...it's wierd.

Keep us posted--NO pain would be a record of some kind. Let's celebrate! :) Congrats!

Hi March bandsters. I will officially become a bandster tomorrow a.m. I have to be there at 6:00 a.m. Woohoo!!!!!!!!! I will post as soon as I can.

BandSTAR is home from surgery and YAY it's over. I made it through. I have NO pain...it's wierd.

Don't be surprized if gas pains start 2 days from now.

I also had no pain until 2 days post op, then the gas pains started and today I am really a B**ch. I just took pain meds and using a heating pad.

Hey guys,

Still here counting the days until the 15th!! Some days I am so good with my eating and others well....hence the reason for the band. My doctor must have seen it on my face that I have no will power so he told me he would not put me on a diet. LOL Joking aside,my day can not come any faster for me. Big thanks to the banders that are giving us blow-by-blows. It sure helps the nervous ninnys!!

Momlambert...10 children!! Wowsa!! I lived in Sandy when we where first married. Lots of good memories.

I saw a reflection in a store window today. I walk like a fat person. Funny how your mind plays tricks on you and makes you think you are not as big as others might think. I am ready for my mind to match the scale and the real thin and healthy person I know is hidden inside of me.

Ok...gotta whine here. I know I've only been on the pre-op for a 1 1/2 wks. but dang I'm bored! I've got a month of the 2 shakes a day so there's about 3 wks. left. I'm fine with the fact that I'm eating less, and it's for my own good, but I love variety, and there's only so much you can do with the limited flavors of Protein stuff. I may never eat vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc. again....aaaggghhh!

Sorry, just had to whine cause today's the first day where I truly hate this repitition of things.

Otherwise....life's good, gearing up for surgery. Finally found the subs for the dr. appt. and surgery date. So...the kids at school will be taken care of. Whew!

And the cold thing associated with all this, wow, it's too freaky. I've never been cold natured and now, it was 80 here today and I was dressed for a mild WV winter. Sheesh!

Well....enough of the pity party. Best of luck to all.

HI Folks,

I am spending my spare time reading all these posts. Could read for days I suppose. I have not been instructed to do a pre-op diet but want to go on liquds the end of this week. I want to feel lighter.

I still am not sure what drinks to get? What are you all using?

Thanks guys...I will keep an eye out for that gas pain. I have my Gas X just incase as well as my heating pad. P.S. I've lost 26 lbs on the pre-op diet and am just so excited. So far so good. Couldn't have done it with out you guys and this site.

HI Folks,

I am spending my spare time reading all these posts. Could read for days I suppose. I have not been instructed to do a pre-op diet but want to go on liquds the end of this week. I want to feel lighter.

I still am not sure what drinks to get? What are you all using?

I used Unjury and think it's the best tasting shake ever. You can get it online...Google UNJURY.

Hlayne

You are one day behind me and last night was my best night I have slept regarding comfortability. I am a sound sleeper so I usually only wake up once during the night and roll over.

I am already doing mushies, I could not keep to the liquid diet.

Hamburgers? I just want something BBQ'd. When I walk my dogs I smell all the houses that are cooking dinner and BBQ'ing and I want to dive in to their food.< /p>

Did it bother you; that your co worker brought in food? Were you hungry for it? My coworkers eat all day around me and I have not WANTED anything yet. I would like a nice salad with ranch dressing from the salad bar but know it would hurt going down so it is not a "trigger" for me yet.

I go back to my post op appt on Monday, we will see what he has to say and how big he thinks my stoma is right now.

I don't feel any restriction, but my appetite is suppressed (thank goodness)

Actually it bothered me a little just because it smelled so good but at the time I didn't really want any of it, but OMG last night I wanted it. My stomach was growling for the first time and I almost was to the point of licking some onion rings...hahaha. :o I'm making my list of things that I'm going to put in the blender for my next liquid stage. :)

6 days post op

Maybe it's the antibiotics or it could be the liquid ibuprophen I'm using. I sure hope it's not the ibuprophen. It's what keeps me going during the day.

Synicalchick,

Glad to hear you made it through and are back to work so soon. I plan on taking almost three weeks off, only because of my job duties. I hope to be feeling as good as you after one week.

Are you using the children's liquid ibuprophen or does it come in an adult form? I use Advil tablets a lot for headaches now and had hoped I could find a liquid verison of it after banding but I have searched and could only find the one I use for my kids. It would turn out to be pretty expensive if I can't take the tablets and have to buy Childrens Advil and suck down a third of the bottle for each dose. :speechles

HeatherPA - 03/07

Sugarbear - 03/07

gailannr - 03/07

Sue in Russia - 03/07

:gluck:

My surgery is scheduled for March 19th. I'm on my 2 wk pre-op diet now...it really sucks!!! But can't wait for the 19th.

:welcome: Berry!!!!!!!! Good Luck to You!!!

Checking in:

I am 6 days post-op (surgery on 3/1/07). I am not hungry doing my liquid diet; however, I cooked for the kids yesterday and had to taste the food for flavor - I was like Clinton, "I chewed but didn't swallow". I was able to get the jest of the flavoring from chewing and make the adjustments. I don't know if this is cheating or not.

I am getting ready to go to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo with my twins for there field trip. I don't think I will be able to drink to much before I go, Don't want to have to use the bathroom alot, being on only liquids.

Well I will check in later.

Was banded yesterday and can't hold anything down. Vomit everytime I take the smallest :help: sip. Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them

ThickchickTEXAS was successfully banded March 5. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

She just says to tell everyone she is doing well. She came home yesterday and is tired. She said it felt like someone punched her in the belly but that's all.

Congratulations to all you March Bandsters!!!!