Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Hey Pam, I have been following you all over this board:)! Glad to see everything is pretty "coppa setik" for you. (I know there has to be a better spelling for that. Is that French? Just kidding!

I have been busy getting ready for Reno. We are coming up tomorrow as my DH has a doc appt. and we need to get new tires on my car. So plenty of time to do some shopping on Tuesday for anything I may have forgotten. I have been kind of busy today getting "stuff" ready.

I kinda ate my "last supper supper supper" tonight. Ate some steak, summer squash and salad. It was very good and I also drank my bariatrix shake. I am going to try to be very good the next two days! I really wasn't that bad but I probably ate more than I should have. I forgot I also had mushroom and onions!

Hope your feeling great! I am excited but in a way calm and serene too! Just happy this is happening for me.

Did they weigh you before surgery? I have lost my weight but I keep thinking oh my god what if my scale is wrong and they refuse to operate!

That is funny cause I follow you like a lost puppy too!

They weighed me (just for medical records) as I changed into my gown to go into surgery, it definately was not to ever verify I lost 10%

I have both slim fast and Unjury and variety does help. I also have Soup and I have my fuze slenderize and crystal lite too.

But yeah it is hard... Very hard! I'm dreaming about food again. :notagree I hope that stops after I get banded.

I thought of getting Jello but I only really like warm liquid jello cause I am wierd like that. We'll see.

I worry about not losing enough too pre op. I am losing... so far I have lost 2.5 pounds on the preop diet and my surgery isn't until the 14th. I guess I am worried that for some reason my weight was at a lower point like 280 when they had my official weight down or something. And then I gained a couple of pounds before I went on preop diet (too much ice cream) so I was at 287 before I started it. So what if I do lose like 8 or even ten pounds but because they don't know how much I weight pre pre op diet they think I haven't followed it (more or less) and lost weight? Even though it has been hard and I am? But I know that is a silly worry. So I am trying not to think about it. The dietician said no one has been turned away yet for lack of weight loss.

I worry about not losing enough too pre op. I am losing... so far I have lost 2.5 pounds on the preop diet and my surgery isn't until the 14th. I guess I am worried that for some reason my weight was at a lower point like 280 when they had my official weight down or something. And then I gained a couple of pounds before I went on preop diet (too much ice cream) so I was at 287 before I started it. So what if I do lose like 8 or even ten pounds but because they don't know how much I weight pre pre op diet they think I haven't followed it (more or less) and lost weight? Even though it has been hard and I am? But I know that is a silly worry. So I am trying not to think about it. The dietician said no one has been turned away yet for lack of weight loss.

So I had surgery on 3/1, if you want chicken really really bad, put a piece of really moist cooked chicken in the food processor and make it dried baby food add some mayo and take the tinyiest itty bitty teeny weeny bites you ever have eaten almost taste size. I had to do it this afternoon, and no prob, but it got rid of the feeling I had to do it. I probably after 3 swollows ate 1 teaspoon full.

OMG that sounds sooo good, but I have a week of Clear Liquids then two weeks of creamy before I even get to mushy. There are Velveta cheese slices in my fridge that call my name every time I reach in for a Water or a Jello too.

Also, I keep buying food processors and then taking them back without even using them. Walmart hates me I'm sure, but I just don't know what to get that's gonna work! I don't care about making the Protein Shakes with them cause I put that in a jar with a lid and just shake...but when I get to mushies, I'm gonna need something for the chicken salad and egg salad etc...that I'm sooooo looking forward to having. :)

*drool*

Sophie248 - 03/05

GloGirl - 03/05 @ 9:00 a.m.

Fur Ellie - 03/05

Magnolia - 03/05

ThickChickTexas - 03/05

Band STAR - 03/05

Good Luck to All of You!!! :)

I woke up today feeling lousy and by the afternoon, I had about 102 fever...I called the surgeon and he told me he could not operate on me tomorrow, because it would be too dangerous. He said that the surgical site would get infected. So I must call in the morning and get a new date. I really hope it can be soon, since I have really worked hard to clear my calendar to get this done.

So bummer for me, I am no longer a March 5th bander.

Mags

Mags, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better and can get another surgery date scheduled soon. :hug:

I am on day 5 of my pre-op diet and I'm doing OK. Had to battle some food urges this weekend, but I made it through. For awhile I was adding a teaspoon of instant coffee and a pack of splenda to my morning shake and a tube of sugar free orange sunrise mix to my afternoon shake. Both shakes were delicious, but after drinking them everyday for almost 2 weeks I was getting sick of them (that's what I get for starting early). Anywho, last night I blended my shake with a frozen banana and YUMMMMM, I have found something else I like. I also bought a bag of frozen strawberries to try. I bought some Muscle Milk chocolate (pre-mixed) for when I'm on the go and I didn't care for it at all...YUCK!!! I wonder if the powder tastes any better. I am also allowed to have thinned grits, oatmeal, or cream of wheat, cream Soups, unsweetened applesauce, sugar free pudding, and

2-3oz of lean meat a day (which is not much so I just add a half a can of tuna or chicken breast to one of my soups for the day). Overall, it's not too bad, but it can get a little boring. :bored

Today is going to be a loooooooong day! I have to be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow morning for a sleep Study. They were completely booked and this was the only time they had open before my surgery which means I'll be sitting up most of the

night. :)

Hello March Bandsters:

I was banded on March 1st. I am still on my liquid stage. I find that doing a lot of walking helps with the gas. My mom was down for the weekend, and I had to take my oldest daughter shopping. I walked so much. I didn't have to take but 2 gas x pills yesterday. I'm still struggling to get all my liquids in. My doctor request we drink 1-2 slimfast and drink 64 oz. of Water. I'm not hungry.

I'm considered to be a low BMI'er. I only have about 75 pounds to loose. Glad I can share my journey with other March bandsters.

Hello March Bandsters:

I was banded on March 1st. I am still on my liquid stage. I find that doing a lot of walking helps with the gas. My mom was down for the weekend, and I had to take my oldest daughter shopping. I walked so much. I didn't have to take but 2 gas x pills yesterday. I'm still struggling to get all my liquids in. My doctor request we drink 1-2 slimfast and drink 64 oz. of Water. I'm not hungry.

I'm considered to be a low BMI'er. I only have about 75 pounds to loose. Glad I can share my journey with other March bandsters.

:welcomeB: bikergirl360 and Congratulations on being banded!!!!!!!

Thank you so much - I am so glad I did this - I now can't wait to get in the gym so I can really see a different. I know We've all started the diet and lost weight and was working out and really saw a difference. Well now I can change my thoughts. I am not on a diet - I am changing my eating habits. My kids want Cookies, fine - we will go out get a cookie or two and come home - that way the cookies are not in the home - I'm really thinking this stuff through this time - I refuse to be the devils template!!!

:welcomeB: bikergirl360 and Congratulations on being banded!!!!!!!

Thank you so much - I am so glad I did this - I now can't wait to get in the gym so I can really see a different. I know We've all started the diet and lost weight and was working out and really saw a difference. Well now I can change my thoughts. I am not on a diet - I am changing my eating habits. My kids want Cookies, fine - we will go out get a cookie or two and come home - that way the cookies are not in the home - I'm really thinking this stuff through this time - I refuse to be the devils template!!!

Absolutely!!! Working out, keeping bad foods out the house...sounds like you definitely have a plan and you are going to do great! I can't wait to see your results!