Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November buddies where are you?

Thx u soonerorlater, I really needed to hear positive feedback. Today marks 1wk post-op and the pain the night before was simply hell. Yesterday I focus on passes gas ( sorry tmi) it helped, but walking is just not cutting it.

I'm sooooo lucky my son is process of opening up his organic all natural tea business. After drinking milk of magnesia I felt so nauseated, he made me an 8oz cup of peppermint leaves tea. OMG!!!! It helped right away, took away nausea and the gas pain and helped pass more gas. I slept through the whole night.

****Peppermint tea is now priority to drink day!

I've been waking up feeling super shaky, do you or anyone else during your 2 weeks of post-op??

Does it stop?? I'm drinking plenty of fluids, bs at normal. It freaks me out.

Day 3 post op & while the gas pain was better this morning, I over did it between my post op appt, kiddo appt and grocery store. Plus I was trying to go off strong meds and took only Tylenol. Huge mistake! Didn't stay in front of pain & I am just about doubled over in pain now. Ice pack on my belly helps. But I'm going back to the good meds. Both my dr and hubby wanted me to keep taking them a few more days anyway.

Peppermint tea! I wish I had thought of that I will def be drinking that tonight. Thanks for posting! Keep in posting November stories peeps, we need each other.

I had my surgery on Monday and felt great. The next day i was released but could not hold anything down. Horrible acid. My upper GI revealed that the stomach sleeve wasn't leaking but was passing liquid very very slowly. I ended up back in the er and back in the hospital. Im still here but hope to go home tomorrow. Not an auspiscious start. Anyone else have this trouble?

Thx u soonerorlater, I really needed to hear positive feedback. Today marks 1wk post-op and the pain the night before was simply hell. Yesterday I focus on passes gas ( sorry tmi) it helped, but walking is just not cutting it.

I'm sooooo lucky my son is process of opening up his organic all natural tea business. After drinking milk of magnesia I felt so nauseated, he made me an 8oz cup of peppermint leaves tea. OMG!!!! It helped right away, took away nausea and the gas pain and helped pass more gas. I slept through the whole night.

****Peppermint tea is now priority to drink day!

I've been waking up feeling super shaky, do you or anyone else during your 2 weeks of post-op??

Does it stop?? I'm drinking plenty of fluids, bs at normal. It freaks me out.

I haven't felt anything like that so I have no idea what that might be. I hope someone can give you some feedback about it! Good luck it will get easier!

So I got my surgery on 11/20/13 at 12:30pm... From when I woke up until last night I felt horrible. Being two days out now I am finally feeling like myself again. The morphine was the culprit that was making me nauseous. I got switched to loritab last night and I was finally able to ear this morning! And pass gas... that's a huge accomplishment for me. I was only burping but being able to do both really helps out with thw stomach pain. (:

Well it has been almost a week sincere I was sleeved. Almost got a ok nights sleep last night. I am a belly sleeper so this is hard to try to sleep on my side especially when the right side is still painful. Does anyone have any other tips for sleeping?

Congratulations!

I sleep on my tummy to and haven't yet found it comfortable enough. I slept in a recliner the first few nights then eventually made it to my bed where I sleep on my side or back for now. My right side is still sore too but much better than earlier.

How was your visit to St. Mary's? PM if you want too.

Take care,

Susan.

I had mine at Mid Michigan in Alma. Finally I am able to sleep more comfortably on my side. I have been catching myself rolling to far on to my belly.. But the pain wakes me up. But it is getting better everyday!!! I am down 16 pds post op Tuesday will be two weeks. Getting better with liquids... Can't wait to have soup!!! Never thought I would say that!! Lol

It's great reading other peoples story (gas pain pain in general ) I was sleeved on 11/22 and have had a ton of back pain/gas pain I can't seem to get rid of it. My tummy is every sore as well I did not want to take the strong meds either but just did could not take it .i no it gets better just can't wait for those days hope all my nov buddies are doing as well as you can

Hang in there Felicia! Those first two days are tough. Every day gets better. Take the meds if you are in pain. They will make it bearable to walk and sleep. Both are needed to heal...

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a tolerable pain level.

Well surgery day is tomorrow. I'm anxious and getting a little nervous. I'm trying to keep myself busy so I won't have to think to much about it.

Please keep me in your prayers!

Good luck to all who will be having surgery in the near future!!

That's reassuring!! I already want to go back to work and I only took off today to prepare for tomorrow.

Keep in mind that sleeves are a more involved surgery than lapbands are... I hope you have some time coming to recover.. Good luck :)

That's reassuring!! I already want to go back to work and I only took off today to prepare for tomorrow.

Keep in mind that sleeves are a more involved surgery than lapbands are... I hope you have some time coming to recover.. Good luck :)

Yes I do. The dr. put me out until January 6th. I just hope I can make it that long.

Sleeved last Tuesday. I feel really good, just a little weak. I don't remember anything about the day after I went to surgery. Wednesday had leak test and gas so bad between my breasts that I was demanding a second surgery to remove a surgical implement that must have been left in me during surgery. (Morphine made me say that.) swallowing hurt worse than anything I'd ever felt. They gave me extra strength Maalox and knocked me out simultaneously. (Those nurses had magic hands.) should've been released Wednesday but the decision was made I needed to stay an additional day or two. I walked as much as possible with all that drama. I was allowed to sleep and walk Thursday. Thursday afternoon I received a massage and was released Thursday evening. I've had no additional gas issues or pain. Diabetes meds reduced. 1st post-op appointment with surgeon tomorrow. I remember another doctor saying, "If you can feel like crap for a month to look and feel like $1,000,000.00 the rest of your life, this surgery is for you." We all can succeed! We have everything we need inside to make it happen. Envision how you want to look. That is the person you really are. Do a photoshop picture. Write down goals. One of mine is to attend at least 2 support group meetings monthly. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!! Then you can respond to your schedule rather than hunger. Pre-op learn what you will eat and drink. Purchase them in advance and set-up a place to store them. Drink shakes out of pretty glasses, etcetera. Follow instructions!!! To go through the long process, endure the pain, and fail is a waste on so many levels. We've disappointed ourselves enough; let's be selfish for our health.

Jen- You have to walk. And walk. And walk some more. Instant gratification. It hurts to get up but once you start walking you feel better. I promise!

yes it does help, but I can only walk so much before I'm beat. I wish it would just pass already.
Can you take Extra Strength Maalox? They gave me about 2 oz. in the hospital the day I had gas that kept me hospitalized an extra 1 1/2 days.