Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November buddies where are you?

I am on A liquid diet for three weeks before my surgery did everyone have to do that.

I had 14 days on a low fat/cal diet and 5 days on liquid

I was put on a 14 day liquid diet. I am on day 6 today, and surgery is scheduled for the 25th. It seems to get a little easer not eating solid food as the days go by. Lots of grumbling from my stomach though.

Tomorrow is my date!!!! At 11:45 a.m. EST I will begin my new life. I'm excited but think my Support Sister are as excited as I am. I also have a male friend who is extremely excited. They are all praying and I appreciate that. I'm relaxing and as soon as carpet cleaners leave I'm going to get a mani/pedi.

Sistah -- I'm going in at 9:00 CST tomorrow... I'm so ready ! Sitting in my surgery pre-op appt as we speak. But good God I'm so freakin hungry I could eat this chair right now!! :-{ Going to get my pedi on after leaving here :-P

I'm hungry, too. I rarely eat hamburgers but want one so badly. ????????

Sistah -- I'm going in at 9:00 CST tomorrow... I'm so ready ! Sitting in my surgery pre-op appt as we speak. But good God I'm so freakin hungry I could eat this chair right now!! :-{ Going to get my pedi on after leaving here :-P

I'm not a big burger eater and prefer turkey to beef but today I want a ground chuck hamburger.

I'm being sleeved on Friday, Nov 22 my preop appointment is this afternoon! I'm super nervous and ready to get this moving!

I'm being sleeved on Friday, Nov 22 my preop appointment is this afternoon! I'm super nervous and ready to get this moving!

I know it feels like forever...but Friday will be here before you know it!

Well it has been almost a week sincere I was sleeved. Almost got a ok nights sleep last night. I am a belly sleeper so this is hard to try to sleep on my side especially when the right side is still painful. Does anyone have any other tips for sleeping?

Tomorrow is my date!!!! At 11:45 a.m. EST I will begin my new life. I'm excited but think my Support Sister are as excited as I am. I also have a male friend who is extremely excited. They are all praying and I appreciate that. I'm relaxing and as soon as carpet cleaners leave I'm going to get a mani/pedi.

My surgery is tomorrow too. 7:30am( PST). I am staying home all day, just took the 2nd half of my magnesium citrate. Not too much coming out, I haven't eaten anything solid in 2 weeks.

I finally am able to get back on here... To those who haven't had surgery yet, please don't think it was due to issues or pain I have just been busy. I am feeling fantastic. I did have a bit of a bump in the road on Saturday morning, I spiked a fever and had to return to the hospital. After going to the ER the surgeon decided to admit me back upstairs and run all sorts of tests. Leak test, chest x-ray, blood clot tests, urine, blood, stool.... Literally everything, I even got to go back home Sunday morning. Felt fine the whole time even with a fever of 103, it all came back decent until last night I got a call that I tested positive for C. Diff. Dr. Z is really unsure how I could've gotten it and had symptoms so quickly, but I am still doing great no incision pain, had gas pains the first night but that was it. The only issue really worth noting is that my drain makes me uncomfortable. Not painful just not pleasant. The pain I do have is handled quite nicely by pain pills, the Clear Liquids for the first week are going great. I haven't been hungry (at all) since Wednesday before surgery. Usually when I do feel something that kinda resembles hunger it turns out to be a bit of gas (sorry if TMI) I belch and it goes away.

I am so very happy with my surgery, my team that did it, and everything else. Best decision ever. Stay focused each of you who were nervous it is scary going in, but the other side is great.

Well it has been almost a week sincere I was sleeved. Almost got a ok nights sleep last night. I am a belly sleeper so this is hard to try to sleep on my side especially when the right side is still painful. Does anyone have any other tips for sleeping?

Congratulations!

I sleep on my tummy to and haven't yet found it comfortable enough. I slept in a recliner the first few nights then eventually made it to my bed where I sleep on my side or back for now. My right side is still sore too but much better than earlier.

How was your visit to St. Mary's? PM if you want too.

Take care,

Susan.

My surgery was one week ago today (on 11.12.13) and I have yet to get all my liquids in for one day - 64 ounces of Water and 4 Protein Drinks.

For those of you who are ahead of me on this journey, how long did it take to get to the point where you were consuming all that was required? Any advice to help increase intake?

How am I feeling? I have not thrown up at all, my incisions are healing great, I have a rash from being allergic to the steri-strips, I still have gas pains in my left shoulder, I don't feel like I've done 1000 sit-ups anymore (only 500 now!) and I am taking my Vitamins faithfully. I'm off diabetic medication completely and have had normal blood sugar numbers since coming home. I have really bad morning breath and feel like my mouth is coated in something. And I have lost 28 pounds as of this morning. 15 pounds from my two week pre-op and 13 since surgery.

Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

~Susan.