Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November buddies where are you?

Hi. I was sleeved on Nov. 26 and have lost 26 lbs so far (including pre-op diet). I also stalled from about day 9-14 post-op. Don't know why. I've been careful to follow dietician's directions. Since about Day 14, I started losing again, but only like 1/2 lb./day. Yes, very frustrating. I am trying to get the exercise in and the fluids. Maybe that's my problem. I've been off work for 3 weeks. When will I have the time (with 2 nearly full time jobs) to do exercise?? Anyone else so busy they don't have time for exercise?

Anyway, seems to be a common thing to stall at 2 weeks. Weird. All the Youtube clips I saw pre-op said that the pounds just melt away. Testimonies here say otherwise....

I was sleeved on Nov 19th and I've lost 33lbs including 11lbs pre-op. I haven't hit a stall yet, I seem to be losing between .5 and 1lb a day. I am not just starting to feel hungry. I've been forcing myself to eat these last few weeks and I actually haven't been eating very much so maybe that's why I've lost a lot.

Breakfast this morning was 1 egg and 1 jimmy dean turkey sausage link. Previously, wasn't able to eat all of that, today I finished it and felt full.

I was sleeved 11/11 and am still having problems. I still really cant tolerate many foods so i drink premiere shakes. I fall asleep during the day and have insomnia at night. I can't get comfortable to sleep in bed still and toss and turn. My right side hurts under my ribcage but I had ultrasound before my surgery and didn't have any stones so my dr doesn't seem to think that it's my gallbladder but is muscle spasms? Anyone having problems like this?

Sleeved 11/5 total weight loss 48 lbs. So far I feel great. I don't drink alot of Protein Shakes any more I eat a lot of tuna or fish. Well what my Whitney (tummy) allows. Sometimes I go more than 24 hours without eating. I don't mean to it just happens.

Sleeved 11/5 total weight loss 48 lbs. So far I feel great. I don't drink alot of Protein Shakes any more I eat a lot of tuna or fish. Well what my Whitney (tummy) allows. Sometimes I go more than 24 hours without eating. I don't mean to it just happens.

. I was sleeved 11/25 & I am down 35lbs. Haven't lost any in 2 weeks. I'm getting scared that I will be the only person to lose only 35 after surgery. Wish you luck!

I was sleeved November 19, 2013 and am down 50 lbs. Doctors say this is a rough year for gastrointestinal viruses. Got one Christmas and had it for about 14 days and couldn't keep anything down. Became extremely dehydrated, spending 9 hours in ER getting fluids and anti-vomiting meds. Regaining strength and working on rehydration. At a follow-up after virus doctor says some stomach pains I was feeling were starvation pains because sometimes I'd forget to eat for over 24 hours. I move whenever possible...currently teaching myself Cupid Shuffle from YouTube and walk 30 minutes. Have to be reminded often that my surgery is only 2 months old and I had nasty virus setback.

Being sleeved is the best decision I've ever made. It will work well for all of us.

My nephew was able to overlap his arms while hugging me and said, "You're getting tiny!" I'm on less medications and feel fabulous!

Well 4 months out and 71 lbs down

Congrats!!!

Wow, you guys are doing great!

11/18 date for me, down 70 pounds...

I was sleeved 11/15/13 and am down 42 pounds. I eat around 800 calories a day. I am losing around a pound a week. I walk at least 7 miles a week. I keeps Protein between 50 and 80 grams and keep carbs less than 50. I wish I could loose faster but I guess I am a slow looser. I am in onederland and that part is amazing. Best decision I ever made!!!

Update: Im now at 169. 9 pounds away from original goal. I might want to change my goal to 150. I will see as time goes on. I am almost 5 months out. Down 52 pounds since surgery. 82 pounds from 14 months ago. And 117 pounds from my heaviest in Jan of 2012. I am still very happy about my decision and dont regret a thing! Hope all November 2013 sleevers are doing good! :)

Hey y'all!

I was sleeved on 11.12.13 and have lost 53 pounds! I'm loosing steadily at an average of 1 - 2 pounds per week. Some weeks are higher and some are lower, but, all in all, it's a loss every week!

I just went on a shopping trip Saturday with a couple of girlfriends. It was so much fun! I've gone from a size 24 to a comfortable size 18 and, in some things, a size 16!. I'm down from a 3X shirt to a size XL. I'm buying off the "normal" rack! I bought an XL shirt from the regular rack at TJMaxx! I'm so happy!

What I'm most thrilled about is that went off all diabetic medication 2 days before my surgery and my blood sugar numbers are absolutely perfect and normal consistently! I go to visit my endocrinologist next month and cannot wait to see what my AIC is! Also, I was on the lowest dose of Lisinopril for blood pressure and that does was cut in half 3 months ago! I will be getting off of it all together at my next appointment in May! That will be it for medications! Yippee!

Life is so much better post-sleeve. I have no regrets. I am blessed to have this opportunity and second chance to be the healthiest me possible!

God Bless.

s.