Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my first fast today on the 5.2 Diet Plan! Questions.

Were the 14 - 16 month out trio :) Great to know you are having success Kristie. So far so good here - the scale dropped 1.5 lbs and has stayed there - normally its a 1 to 3 lbs teeter totter up/down/updown every day of the week. it dropped the weigh in after the first fast day and stayed down after a normal eating day - this in itself is shocking lol. This might actually work :)

I feel the same way! This might just actually work! So excited! :)

I'm having a Protein Shake, my usual coffee, lots of Water and tilapia & a green veggie for dinner. What about you?

I'm having a Protein shake, my usual coffee, lots of Water and tilapia & a green veggie for dinner. What about you?

Sounds good! I eat alot of the signature grilled tilapia. It has 80 calories for one serving. Love it! It is so good.

Sounds good! I eat alot of the signature grilled tilapia. It has 80 calories for one serving. Love it! It is so good.

What store is Signature from?

What store is Signature from?

I get it from Walmart. Gortons. It is in a yellow box... It is YUMMY!! I put it in the microwave for 3.35 min.

Sounds like you three are doing great! Its good to have others in it with you. I have really liked this WOE (way of eating) it is very flexible, and forgiving. And there is always tomorrow! No need to underdo on feast days, I allow going over a little(100 cals) on some days and usually eat from 1150-1450 on feast days depending on how much I exercise, and people who eat a little more fat have better results too. Glad you have gotten good results so far! I would stick to 500 or a little more on fast days, the idea is to be able to stick to the plan, and eating too little makes it that much harder to do.

Sounds like you three are doing great! Its good to have others in it with you. I have really liked this WOE (way of eating) it is very flexible' date=' and forgiving. And there is always tomorrow! No need to underdo on feast days, I allow going over a little(100 cals) on some days and usually eat from 1150-1450 on feast days depending on how much I exercise, and people who eat a little more fat have better results too. Glad you have gotten good results so far! I would stick to 500 or a little more on fast days, the idea is to be able to stick to the plan, and eating too little makes it that much harder to do.[/quote']

^^^^all agreed. We have to understand that this has to be a "way of life" and we get to lose some pounds in the process!!!

Its funny how empowered one feels when that scale starts to move again in the direction you want it too :) I even ran on the treadmill this morning for 4 minutes - I have short little legs and with my osteo arthritis issues - I have always been afraid of running - when you are really obese it doesn't feel very good either! I think I will have a premier shake after the gym tomorrow and for dinner mostly likely turkey and green Beans or I've also defrosted some 'green chicken soup" that I make a big pot of every few weeks and freeze - its just low sodium broth (I use vegetable, chicken, sometimes beef) a family pack of chicken thrown in there (shred said chicken after its cooked) and what ever green veggies and herbs look good at the market - carrots, zucchini, onions, cilantro, a couple of tomatoes from the garden made it into this last batch. Great guilt-free Soup when you want something easy, warm and nutritious ;)Happy Thursday fast day ladies!

Its funny how empowered one feels when that scale starts to move again in the direction you want it too :) I even ran on the treadmill this morning for 4 minutes - I have short little legs and with my osteo arthritis issues - I have always been afraid of running - when you are really obese it doesn't feel very good either! I think I will have a premier shake after the gym tomorrow and for dinner mostly likely turkey and green Beans or I've also defrosted some 'green chicken soup" that I make a big pot of every few weeks and freeze - its just low sodium broth (I use vegetable' date=' chicken, sometimes beef) a family pack of chicken thrown in there (shred said chicken after its cooked) and what ever green veggies and herbs look good at the market - carrots, zucchini, onions, cilantro, a couple of tomatoes from the garden made it into this last batch. Great guilt-free Soup when you want something easy, warm and nutritious ;)Happy Thursday fast day ladies![/quote']

Yum! I just made some homemade chicken broth from a roasted chicken carcass/meat to make some sort of soup! Now I know what. Ever use fresh spinach?

After my 4th fast day (Monday/Wednesday) I am down 5 pounds of my regain. I hate to use that word because I wasn't off track enough to "regain" 10 pounds but my body was bouncing up and down for the last 3 months. i would get to a new low then slowly climb back up (get my period) then spend the whole next months wrestling those pounds back off, get to a new low, then cycle starts again. grrrr! 5 more pounds to my all time low. Then I will know for sure this is working for me, you know? I know some of that 5 pounds is probably period fluff, but I am still feeling really positive. Also, my hunger (which was WAY outta control) is so much more manageable now it is crazy. Feast days & fast days I am just not as hungry as I was. I think I would stick to this eating plan even if I didn't lose anymore weight just for the hunger control alone. Happy happy happy!

Georgia I do use spinach - it is a great ingredient because you could use an entire barrel of it and I think it would shrink down to the size of a little golf ball when cooked - that's a lot of nutrition for our little sleeves! I am also having a great day so far - its fast day but I haven't thought about food at all - rare. I think I have gotten more work done this week without my own mental distractions than I have in ages.

Georgia I do use spinach - it is a great ingredient because you could use an entire barrel of it and I think it would shrink down to the size of a little golf ball when cooked - that's a lot of nutrition for our little sleeves! I am also having a great day so far - its fast day but I haven't thought about food at all - rare. I think I have gotten more work done this week without my own mental distractions than I have in ages.

Okay, I made it! It's awesome! It's got zuchinni, spinach, cilantro, carrots, grape tomatoes, chicken stock, few slivers of chicken, bok choy, forgot my onions, but it's good! I did add a can of white Beans to mine. Thanks!

post-2638-13813669832991_thumb.jpg

That looks so yummy! I shall have to try it out!

Looks lovely! I made Soup last night too, ate 2 giant bowls of it! I feel a little funny eating so much, must be a slider, but I do like getting in all those veggies... I probably eat 4 cups! SLOWWWLY. Its going to be a go-too this winter for sure.