Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my first fast today on the 5.2 Diet Plan! Questions.

I know I have read that Soup is considered a slider - I scoop up mostly shredded white meat chicken and mushy soup veggies often times - and when I want more broth I consider it a boon for my liquids total. I love hot beverages/liquids so yummy soup like the 'green chicken' soup is a go to for me - it is very satisfying and its healthy! Lord knows I didn't get to 318 lbs. eating too much broth and lean chicken haha! I just wanted to wish Lisa a happy Birthday - ironically when I saw it was her birthday I was eating a thin slice of birthday cake for my stepdaughter - whose birthday is also today - yay lucky 13! Even though that cake came on a fast day (bad I know), the rest of the day was great - came in at 478 before that cake. get this - weight this morning was 169.5 - down from 173 on Monday morning...3.5 in 5 - this is awesome and I am loving that the scale is moving and so far this feels very doable.

Okay, I made it! It's awesome! It's got zuchinni, spinach, cilantro, carrots, grape tomatoes, chicken stock, few slivers of chicken, bok choy, forgot my onions, but it's good! I did add a can of white Beans to mine. Thanks!

Looks good G!

You can add chopped kale to Soup and it's quite yummy. I made my own version (I omitted the cream all together, subbed turkey meatballs for sausage...etc.) of this soup a while back and it was given a thumbs up by everyone in the family.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zuppa-toscana/

Looks lovely! I made Soup last night too' date=' ate 2 giant bowls of it! I feel a little funny eating so much, must be a slider, but I do like getting in all those veggies... I probably eat 4 cups! SLOWWWLY. Its going to be a go-too this winter for sure.[/quote']

What type did you make?

St.Ives ground beef (veggie), olive oil, crushed tomatoes, thin sliced cauliflower, carrots, Brussels sprouts, onion... chili powder mix, salt and pepper Water and chic'n broth powder...

So happy to see more people getting on the 5:2 bandwagon.

It's like magic I tell ya! I was going up and down for a year and could not lose my regain, but I lost it eating the 5:2 way. I love it. It's given me back control.

I so agree OD! It just keeps working and is rarely a burden to follow. I have to keep reminding myself that the main benefit of this WOE is longevity and lower risk of cancers and dementia! Weight loss is just a side effect.

Hello Vets!

Today is my first fast day for the 5.2 diet plan. So, only 500 calories for fast days and 1200 to 1500 for the feast days? Right?? I was wondering if it is ok to have coffee?

I'm so excited to try this diet and new way of eating. I'm so ready to get to goal and I'm praying that this will at least get me started in the right direction. I've gained 3 pounds recently and now am back up to 170 and I'm scared to death. I realize that weight flutuates but also I've not been doing as well as before and I can eat more usual. I know it is up to me to keep this weight off! I never want to go back! NEVER! I've been back and forth to many time in my life.

OK, so again I'm very excited to start this plan and any advice or encouragement is appreciated! Love you guys!! :rolleyes:

First day for me too! Tried posting on the group discussion but am not a full member so I cant ;) So far so good - I've had coffee with 2 T. of organic half & half and am planning a splendid dinner tonight of lean ground turkey or 3 turkey meatballs (my fav). I love Premier Protein shakes too - the entire top shelf of the fridge has a permanent installation of chocolate flavored shakes lol.

Still reading the book and am loving the science so far - feel great, no hunger at all and have been working all morning. Think I might go kick my rump at the gym after I finish my paperwork.

Not focusing on WL but rather CHANGE, and the improved health benefits ;) Planning my next fast day for Thursday.

Hows the 5:2 working for you so far ladies?

So far so good! it has been a challenging week two - isn't it funny that just about every time you embark on a new healthy behavior - there is some annual family event or festivity to challenge you. Well it was my stepdaughters 17th birthday (the food last year + cake is what started my first stall - hello sugar) and then we went to the state fair...hello corndog lol.

I am currently still in 'detox' mode from birthday cake - when I eat carbs, especially baked goods with sugar I get a mean case of the constantly hungry mouth...I seem to always be on the prowl for things that are not so good for me. and my own birthday is next month and i am getting taken to one of my favorite places on earth Disneyland! I have a feeling I will be in Detox again soon haha!

I am thinking that I might try some different pasterns on fast day - Breakfast to Breakfast to dinner time to dinnertime. Just to see how the different patterns make me feel, energy level etc. I feel great on fast days so far. I worked out waaaaay to hard on Monday lifted too strenuously with my triceps and haven't had much use of my arms all week - finally that is getting less sore.

Looked at my other step-daughter's instagram today and she is quite thin but wanted to lose more weight, she has never had issues with overweight - it took her 20 months to lose 18 lbs. Not gonna complain any more about slow losses ;) Hope you guys are all doing well!

Oh and currently about 3 lbs down since starting last week - that is huge for me right now because the scale has not moved that much all summer.

Oh and currently about 3 lbs down since starting last week - that is huge for me right now because the scale has not moved that much all summer.

Yay, Chimera! And btw, be careful overworking those arms. My friends son wound up in the hospital for a week with something called extreme Rabdo (sic). Extreme muscle breakdown of some kind. Normal levels around 300. His got to over 32,000. As high as can be measured. From over working out and weights. Weird stuff.

Rhabdomyolysis is the breakdown of muscle fibers that leads to the release of muscle Fiber contents (myoglobin) into the bloodstream. Myoglobin is harmful to the kidney and often causes kidney damage.

I have been on the 5:2 diet for 3 weeks. First week I lost 5 pounds. Then that came back week 2. So week 3, I kinda fell off the wagon. I am determined to get back on & lose the rest of this weight!

I did well the first week. I lost 4 pounds and thought wow, this is really going to work. Then my birthday was on Friday and there it was.... Birthday Cake! My weakness is sugar. I ate way too much and gained all the weight back. Then I was able to lose back to where I originally was. No progress really. It is my fault though because I think I'm eating the wrong things and too much on feast days. :( I feel like I can eat so much more in the last two weeks. Like I've not has surgery at all. So scary for me!! I feel like I did at 294 pounds. Out of control again and food is the boss. I hate this feeling. I'm not giving up though or quitting. I'm going to try this again. The rest of this week and weekend I'm going to try and get control and maybe some of my restriction back eating more Protein and less crap. LOL Then on Monday I'm going to try the fast again. I think I will wait on the breakfast and just have coffee in the morning and around 2 pm have a Protein shake or bar, then my meal around 6.

Do any of you feel that you can eat A LOT more now? Like I said earlier, I'm getting really scared about this. I don't want to gain. I know I can too eating this way. I had 2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, and a slice of toast. I don't eat bread.... I thought... what am I doing!? That is a lot to consume at one meal. I was able to do it!! UGH... I don't like this. :(

How are the carbs Lis? I know that if I am not eating 'protein first, veggies next,' not getting the Water in or if I slip on Vitamins the scale stops. Too many slices of cheese - too many nuts - all things that can get grounds up easily or slip down fast slow things.

Whatever you eat, log it in MFP. It really helps it to be real and not just a birthday cake slice and a handful on nuts.... Like Georgia said somewhere else, the holidays are coming up, its time to get down to business. If you want to have some harmless food celebration time, its time to get a hold of whats going in your mouth now. Im talking to me as well! I find sugar free gum, sugar free mints and planed Snacks and deserts work best for me. And writing everything down. The good the bad and the ugly! If I don't go over calories... even if its crap food, I don't do that much damage. I may stall because it take more Water to store sugars than Proteins in the body.... but that can come off fast if I eat right and drink all my water. Good luck girls! Don't give up!

How are the carbs Lis? I know that if I am not eating 'Protein first, veggies next,' not getting the Water in or if I slip on Vitamins the scale stops. Too many slices of cheese - too many nuts - all things that can get grounds up easily or slip down fast slow things.

I don't do too many carbs at all. The bread for me yesterday was the first in a long time. On feast days the coffee frappe is the highest calorie item I have. If it wasn't for that I would be losing, I think. Not sure but I know it doesn't help and I'm not eathing the things I need to compensate for it. I have to stop it. I wish I had never been introduced to that stupid frappe. I had not even had one ever until March of this year when on vacation and my daughter ordered one and I tasted hers. That was it. I was hooked. Also, that is when it began. It took a long time for me to get from 180 to where I am now. I think that is the cause. The being able to eat alot of food has just happened recently.

Today is a fast day for me. So encourage away girls. I will get back to the Monday and Thursday's next week. So I'm doing it today!!