Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

Well I'd really much prefer to be carrying around Hugh Jackman but I'm sure he is well over 45kg, maybe I could just cut off his arms and legs and carry his torso and head??? (Now I am being very silly)

Tangles - I don't have much longer, Wed 14th Feb at Knox Private with the Ray McHenry (the same surgeon as Mark) and I realise now why they make you take that revolting Optifast (the shrinking liver is a ruse) it is so that on your day of surgery you're are actually looking forward to someone opening you up with a scapel and locking a chastity belt around you tummy because you know when you wake up you can actually eat food (all be it liquid) that has some flavour and is palatable.

Sussanah, I hope all is well and you're feeling a little better each day.

Katrina

Hey Katrina, Good luck for next week. I like to think of the band as a lassoo around my guts!:D Optifast was trying, to be sure. You will be in bandland soon Trin. Susannah

Hi All,

Meredith - Thanks for the explanation something not to look forward to I suppose!!! Good on you for signing up for the run, one of my goals is to to do the Sydney fun run wether it be walk or run I would just like to acheive it.

Bronnie - Good on you for sticking with it how did the chocolate go, a friend of mine was banded 3yrs ago and she said she used to add some diet jelly crystals to the mix she really like rasberry/chocolate Optifast really cold though and vanilla optifast with strawberry.!!! Sounds good in theory.

Sussanah - How are you doing??

Hi Guys, here is another Yahoo banding forum you may want to check out. Bronnie it has a lot of Dr Nottle's patients on it in one of the threads.

http://au.messages.yahoo.com/health/lap-band

If the link doesn't work go to the yahoo health message boards and punch in lap band.

Dionne I am ok today. Yesterday I cried and cried. It is a rollercoaster of pain etc I guess. Susannah

Hi Guys, here is another Yahoo banding forum you may want to check out. Bronnie it has a lot of Dr Nottle's patients on it in one of the threads.

http://au.messages.yahoo.com/health/lap-band

If the link doesn't work go to the yahoo health message boards and punch in lap band.

Dionne I am ok today. Yesterday I cried and cried. It is a rollercoaster of pain etc I guess. Susannah

Hi Sussanah,

Are you still with your sister??

Hey Meredith, I was so upset yesterday, and questioning what the heck I had done to my body.:D I felt really worried and stressed about the whole process. Is this normal? Today I was happier, and I took a slow walk down to the shops. It wore me out really quickly.

I am so grateful for the advice you girls give me.

Susannah

Hey D, I will be in my sister's care until Monday the 19th of Feb, when I will go back to Melbourne and my little flat. I am enjoying the country air and sunshine at the moment. It is good for what ailes ya!

Susannah

Hi all,

Bronnie.. well done with the optifast.U only have a couple of days now before u see Dr Nottle so keep up the great work :D

Susannah.. sorry to hear u r feeling a bit down.Hope things are a bit better today and great to hear u r getting out of the house.I'm sure u will be doing laps of the block before u know it :P

Trin..a chastity belt for your tummy.. how funny is that lol .I'll have to remember that one when i tell ppl what i am about to do.U havn't got long at all u lucky girl.Good luck! :biggrin1:

Meredith and Jacqui..u girls are an inspiration. I couldn't even walk to the end of my block at the moment without collapsing and here u r doing kilometres with no problems. Hopefully this time next year i will be able to sign up for maybe a little one too :heh:

Dionnem..thanx for the info on The Tony Ferguson shakes. Still trying to locate a terry white pharmacy :phanvan

take care all

Loretta :biggrin1:

waiting,waiting,waiting.....

Hey Susannah,

thanx for that.. too easy :D

Not one around my area tho.. looks like i might have to go for a pleasant sunday drive and stock up lol

thanx again

take care

Loretta :biggrin1:

waiting,waiting,waiting.....

Susannah how you were/are feeling is TOTALLY 100% normal. I bet Jacqui, Mark and the others can vouch for this too. You have to think not only are you recovering from surgery but your body at this stage is in a bit of shock about the food (or lack there of) side of things. And its an emotional time too, there has been a big lead up to this point in your life and I guess we kind of expect to come out of the surgery feeling brand new, and well, we just don't (not for a couple of weeks anyway)!!!! You are doing great, take all the time you need to deal with the pain and the adjustment that this means in your life. Just think, in a months time this will all be behind you and you will feel fantastic and will be losing weight like you dreamed you would. It is ALL worth it. I'd do it all over again in a flash if I had to.

Thats great that you have been walking, every step counts! Don't expect too much at this stage cos again, your energy levels won't be anything near normal. Just do what you can :D It all gets better from here!!!

Thanks Loretta, that means alot to me to have you say that. I still have a long way to go before I can run 5kms though (I almost died after running 1km at the gym today), but its something to aim for, you know?

I'm happy at my progress and know that it will only improve more from here! (I'll drag my sorry ass around that 5km track if I have to!! haha)

Hi All, Thanks Meredith for reassuring me that what I am going through is normal. I guess it is all part of the process.

Meanwhile I am one week post op and down two kilos!:biggrin1: That kinda makes all the pain worthwhile.:D

Sad news about Anna Nicole Smith. I hope she finds the peace she was seeking in death, that eluded her in life. Whatever anybody said about her she loved her kids, and anybody who dotes on their kids is alright in my book.:)

Susannah

Woo hoo! 2 kilos!! Rock and Roll! See, its falling off you already!

Yes, its very sad about Anna Nicole, as trashy as she was, there was something about her that I kind of admired - she was determined as all get out!!!