Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinny jeans

I'm a big fan of the Gap legging jean. They're relatively inexpensive and were 30% off just this weekend. I wear them several times a week in different washes and even colors (the bright orange ones and white ones are my favorite along with my go to super dark wash) with anything from a tshirt to a tunic to a fitted blouse and jacket. I'm an apple shape, but these are cut very straight in the waist and have a nice amount of stretch so there's no muffin top issue. Globetrotter has a good point about leg to body length ratio. I have quite long legs so I wear my skinny jeans with flats and sandals. I love how they look with a wedge espadrille or sandal as well. The little heel (2.5-3 inches) will make your legs look miles long regardless of size. In my opinion the only time skinny jeans look bad on someone of any size is when they wear a tight top with the tight skinny jean. That is not a good or classy look on anyone. It's all about balancing the skinny jean with the right top.

Looks like the brand I will go for.

When I was a size 22/24 skinny jeans just pissed me off and I couldn't understand anyone wearing them but now that I'm a size 10 I love them!

I didn't care for them on me until I hit about a size 8-10 range.

Here is the trick in my opinion to ALL pants post weight loss. Make sure they fit!

My boyfriend made a remark that one of the things I do right is never look stuffed into clothes. Even my skinniest, peel them of like a banana peel jeans do not give me a muffin top of camel toe. With excess skin, it is really really easy to get a muffin top... so that is a key factor.

I actually can wear a size 8 jeans comfortably but unless I wear Shapewear, I wear a 10 to reduce skin spillage.

My pudendal region is so pronounced that regardless of the looseness of the pants I must always wear tunic-length shirts. It's humiliating to be wearing a lovely graceful outfit and STILL have people staring at my crotch v_v.

Anybody in em'? What brand worked the best to flatten out the tummy region.

I'll be trying them once I have the confidence. I plan on only wearing them with boots....

Chicos has awesome jeans!

You learn something every day. Today's lesson for me was to look up the word pudendal. I didn't have a clue. I appreciate that people in this forum don't hold back and just tell it like it is. Your honesty and openness is indeed helpful as we give each other gentle doses of the truth.

Yeah, and I will be honest, I look better in dresses then I do in pants. This picture sort of illustrates that you can see the loose skin in the tummy and thighs. I don't wear Shapewear.< /p>

These jeans are size 10, but i correct my previous statement, most of my pants are size 8. It is really tricky to get a nice flattering fit without creating muffin top / skin spillage.

I usually wear them with boots - cowboy boots when I am doing horse stuff, more fashionable boots when going out and about. In the summer though, boots aren't really hip so i wear them with cute little flats or even a wedge heel. For me the most flattering are ones that roll up and give a 1950s vibe... but i don't have a photo of that pair. They fit well willout giving me skin spillage.

post-12388-13813669247304_thumb.jpg

post-12388-13813669247681_thumb.jpg

Right now I'm a size 18/20 and wear skinny jeans...with a fitted top at that. I am an hourglass shape with a very short torso so I think it works. In the pic below I have them on and I got lots of compliments at an event.

Plus the hubby kept grabbing my butt so I think this was a winner.

08/19/2013

You are very lucky, TwinsMama, you have a flat lower pelvic region, that makes all the difference...

My goal-weight-reward outfit is going to be custom made skinnies in a very dark wash stiff denim, a close fitting cashmere turtleneck (black), a perfectly tailored tweed jacket, and some very expensive leather riding boots! :) I think the key for my shape is going to be having a much higher waist then is currently available in off-the-rack jeans, one that come in at my actual waist/belly button. I have a very awkward shape: hourglass, technically a long torso but in reality a long waist-to-crotch and short wide ribcage. Very broad shoulders (a lifetime of competitive swimmning), wide hips, flat butt, short curvy legs, T-Rex arms, small head. I would have to be nearly skeletal to have my head look proportionate.

Globe, your outfit sounds gorgeous! Okay that's a goal to work toward.

My only "clothes" goal (other than fitting in my prom dress again...and it's back in style so I really want to wear it) is to buy an entire outfit out of one of our fancy boutiques downtown.

I haven't thought about it to the level of detail you have. Please post a pic once you have that outfit on. You'll end up beating the men off with a stick!!

Yeah' date=' and I will be honest, I look better in dresses then I do in pants. This picture sort of illustrates that you can see the loose skin in the tummy and thighs. I don't wear Shapewear.

These jeans are size 10, but i correct my previous statement, most of my pants are size 8. It is really tricky to get a nice flattering fit without creating muffin top / skin spillage.

I usually wear them with boots - cowboy boots when I am doing horse stuff, more fashionable boots when going out and about. In the summer though, boots aren't really hip so i wear them with cute little flats or even a wedge heel. For me the most flattering are ones that roll up and give a 1950s vibe... but i don't have a photo of that pair. They fit well willout giving me skin spillage.[/quote']

I don't see any loose skin! You look great!

You are very lucky' date=' TwinsMama, you have a flat lower pelvic region, that makes all the difference...

My goal-weight-reward outfit is going to be custom made skinnies in a very dark wash stiff denim, a close fitting cashmere turtleneck (black), a perfectly tailored tweed jacket, and some very expensive leather riding boots! :) I think the key for my shape is going to be having a much higher waist then is currently available in off-the-rack jeans, one that come in at my actual waist/belly button. I have a very awkward shape: hourglass, technically a long torso but in reality a long waist-to-crotch and short wide ribcage. Very broad shoulders (a lifetime of competitive swimmning), wide hips, flat butt, short curvy legs, T-Rex arms, small head. I would have to be nearly skeletal to have my head look proportionate.[/quote']

Have you tried not your daughters jeans? They have a much higher rise than the regular ones, and they have a tummy control panel.

I wear BKE (the Buckle's store brand) Peyton Skinnies- and they look awesome. Key with jeans is buying good quality denim and not paper thin. I'm in a 28 or 29 depending on the cut (I wear the 28 in the slim boot and 29 in skinny). I actually went in expecting to hate skinny jeans, but I loved them. I'm super short (4'11), but I have a 30 inch inseam- so basically over 1/2 my height is from floor to crotch! I also am an hourglass. The girls at the buckle spent 2 hours picking out outfits for me that were age appropriate (28) and lifestyle appropriate (I'm a SAHM who volunteers a lot).