Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! What am I thinking!

Jjclisa,

Where are you from in TX?

I am from Longview but live in Houston now.

I am doing good. Alot better than yesterday.

Yesterday is kind of a blur from the meds but I know the gas pain was horrible.

I will post more after I take a nap.

I am doing good. Alot better than yesterday.

Yesterday is kind of a blur from the meds but I know the gas pain was horrible.

I will post more after I take a nap.

Thank you for checking in! I'm so glad your doing well, yes get some well deserved rest :)

Glad you are well...:)

My surgery is Friday..... and I just entered the "OMG! What am I thinking!" zone.... :o

I'm really looking forward to your next update. Boy do I relate ! - I haven't even committed to a date and I'm having the OMG what on earth am I doing, and I could do this on my own right (wrong) - it's weird because normally I am such a confident person, but I have developed such neurosis over this so this forum helps beyond words as it gives positive reinforcement with all these happy people who are finally feeling better and more able to fully live their lives. Good luck to you wanna - please update !

Girls I was getting on the or table and the mask was coming at me and I was thinking "are you sure" if the versed had not gone it i still don't know what I would have done. 90 mins later when I woke up it was oh well? Can't turn back now and 70 lbs down I would never trade to go back. I am so much happier and feel so much better then I have in a long time. I am going back to the real me that lost touch with in the last 10 years. I have taken away 4 pills I was taking for type 2. I am down to o e and maybe none in the next few months! I need to live for myself and my 15 year old who has autism. I will die someday but I want to put it off as long as possible! My best friend died of cancer 2 years ago at age46. Someone I know has seen his wife dx with stage 4 lung cancer in January . She is in her mid 30's never smoked and has two children under the age of 10 and a husband who is a clergy person. Their faith has been tested like they never thought possible when I have a pity party of myself I think of them. I could have it so much worse. I want and need to live and god gave me the tools to do it. Will I be perfect? No but everyday is a new chance to start o ER and do better!

Hey, I am great.

I got home today. I am drinking just like before surgery so that's good, no dehydration worries. Well I say like before but minus the Sprites. I've been home 6 hours and I have had 3 large glasses of apple juice.

I am on full liquids. I am a little confused about what that is. My doctor didn't lay it out that great. I looked up post surgery instructions and what I saw said full liquid was anything you blended up including meats and potatoes. I don't think I am ready for that, am I?

If I understand right, I should be eating Soups, broths, cream of wheat, oatmeal, popsicles, Jello, pudding, Protein drinks, Water, and juices?

My pain is nonexistent, I have not taken even one dose of pain meds.

My only issue is I get tired quick. I have always been able to walk very long distances and not be bothered by it but now I need a break after walking upstairs to the 2nd floor of my house!

It wasn't so bad in Mexico because I could sleep anytime I wanted but now I am home and my 4 year old hasn't seen me in 5 days and my goodness he is making up for it!!

Other than that and not eating in several days I am great, would never know I just had surgery.

Its so strange to go this long without ANY type of food and not feel hunger. I have only been drinking because of fear plus being in Mexico and everything was so heavily seasoned even Soups and broths.

Anyways any full liquid suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, is it okay to be drinking that much liquid?

Oh wait, I do have a complaint!!

I had lost 9 pounds on preop diet and I have gained it all back after surgery!!

I know it is just Water weight from saline but it's still there 3 days after being released!

That is a little disappointing, even though expected, after going 6 days on Water, Powerade, and apple juice ONLY!!

Hey' date=' I am great.

I got home today. I am drinking just like before surgery so that's good, no dehydration worries. Well I say like before but minus the Sprites. I've been home 6 hours and I have had 3 large glasses of apple juice.

I am on full liquids. I am a little confused about what that is. My doctor didn't lay it out that great. I looked up post surgery instructions and what I saw said full liquid was anything you blended up including meats and potatoes. I don't think I am ready for that, am I?

If I understand right, I should be eating Soups, broths, cream of wheat, oatmeal, popsicles, Jello, pudding, Protein drinks, Water, and juices?

My pain is nonexistent, I have not taken even one dose of pain meds.

My only issue is I get tired quick. I have always been able to walk very long distances and not be bothered by it but now I need a break after walking upstairs to the 2nd floor of my house!

It wasn't so bad in Mexico because I could sleep anytime I wanted but now I am home and my 4 year old hasn't seen me in 5 days and my goodness he is making up for it!!

Other than that and not eating in several days I am great, would never know I just had surgery.

Its so strange to go this long without ANY type of food and not feel hunger. I have only been drinking because of fear plus being in Mexico and everything was so heavily seasoned even soups and broths.

Anyways any full liquid suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, is it okay to be drinking that much liquid?

[/quote']

Yes full liquid are not blended things!

You are right they are shakes, cream soups, watery cream of wheat.

This may sound gross but I made "malt o meal"

With home made chicken broth because I was so sick of sweet things!

I'm glad your home safe by the way :)

The weight? Don't weigh for at least a week, I knew just by looking at my swollen stomach that I was up. But it will go down give it time :)

If you can drink lots of liquid, that's great! Be happy your not one off the unlucky ones that can't drink and end up in the hospital for dehydration.

I was tired for a month! (I'm old :P)