Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mt. Pleasant Bandsters

Hi Susan, glad to see that you don't have to wait too long for a fill. Tanner is ok, I guess. He got up with a temp this morning. I kept him home. The Dr. didn't give him any antibiotics, I guess I will have to take him to his regular Doctor. (He had tubes put in his ears last June. This was a check up on them, but he has a cold also.) Jana, did you get an appointment for a fill? I'm kinda nervous bout gettin the first one. I hope I'm not a big wimp bout it.

lisa

fills arent too bad and i'm one of the ones that its very have to get the saline injected in the port is easy to find but finding the right angle to injedt the saline is hard so my fill take 2-3 sticks and then some pushing and shoving around once the needle is in but it really doesnt hurt

so be brave they aren't bad

Yeah right.... pushin and shovin??? That sounds painless to me. lol Just kidding. Dr. H told me I had a bruise behind the port, but it should be cleared up before I get a fill. It feels bruised, but I can handle it. I'm ready to go back and get that fill today. I woke up starvin this morning. I think maybe cause I ate so little for supper. I just wasn't very hungry last nite.

Jana......... where are you? Working hard this time of year? lol

Yall have a good day!

lisa

I'm around. I am sub teaching at the High School and doing taxes in the evenings. If I have a class where I can use the computer I usually try to check the board. Needless to say I am real busy. Lisa, don't worry about the fill. It really isn't bad. I give you the same advise I was given. DON'T LOOK AT THE NEEDLE. They will deaden the injection sight so you will only feel the pushing. I haven't called for a fill yet. I am so busy, I hate to take off to go. I am doing a little better so I might try it on my own a little longer.

Question!! Will a fill cause more PBing or will it just keep you hunger pains down? I have a lot of problems with the golf ball feeling in my throat and am afraid if I get another fill it will get worse.

Are they going to reschedule the meeting here? I hope so cause I really need it.

Jana, Of course I can't answer your question since I haven't gotten a fill yet, but it seems to me if you are PBing after a fill, then you might be too tight?? From what I have read, it's possible. But, I guess you know that. Not trying to be a know-it-all, just throwing it out there. As for the meeting, I was told that they are going to reschedule, but I have no idea when. Maybe, we should send Mrs. Betty or Mrs. Jamie a e-mail and ask. What do you think?

lisa

hey

has our support meeting been reshc. or will we just wait until feb meeting i have not heard

i go thurs for a fill i guess i will find out if a meeting is planned then

I haven't heard a word. I guess someone needs to find out. I keep forgetting. I guess I could blame that on sleep apnea, but I think it's CRS. lol (cant remember stuff.) How are you, Susan? I think the weather will co-operate this week, I'm thinkin about breakin out the summer clothing. notice I did NOT say swim suit. That's yucky just thinkin about it. Hope every thing goes well Thursday.

talk to you later,

lisa

:clap2: wow lisa you'r doing great with the weight loss!!!

i think i'm gonna change my name to slowpoke sue instead of hipp mom lol:cry

Good morning everyone. Susan, to tell the truth, I have felt like I have been eating like a pig. A really big pig. I really don't want to loose super fast. I don't want all that saggy skin. I know I will have some,but I don't wanna look like a deflated balloon everywhere. That weight posted on my ticker is from my scales at home and according to them as of this morning, I have lost another pound. Don't ask me how. I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth cause I know there will come a day when I'll be on here whinin bout not loosing. lol Better go, gotta get the little man to school. Talk to yall later.

lisa

I haven't been on in a few days. How is everyone? Sunday was so beautiful I just could not stay inside. I went to a friends house that had an arena that was not flooded and rode horses. I am so thrilled. I got on for the first time without the help of a block or ladder. I was beginning to think it would never happen. It was soooo embarrassing to have to mount with help. Everyone was always nice about it but it was still embarrassing.

Is everyone having as much trouble getting back into the groove of dieting since Christmas as I am? I ate sweets during the holiday and now I just crave them. I have lost NOTHING since the first of January. This has been the longest try spell I have had. I seem to do fine during the day but about 8:00 at night I get so hungry. I think it is more in my head than my stomach. Oh well. I guess I just want too much too fast.

At least I haven't gained.

One more thing. Does anyone know of some thrift stores or second hand shops in our area that have some decent clothes. I hate to buy anything that is very expensive because I usually don't wear it very long. As long as it is clean and in good shape, I don't care if it is second hand. Goodwill and the other stores in Mt. Pleasant don't seem to have very much.

Hi Jana, Have you looked in Paris? There is a Goodwill and a Salvation Army thrift store (I think that's what it is) I don't know what they have, but it might be worth a trip up there to see. I know what you mean about the head hunger stuff. Man, it is whoopin my tail. I hope the next couple of weeks goes by quick. I need some restriction. Or something.

I also know what you mean about not having help to mount your horse. I'm 5'2" of short, round person. I wish that stuff rolled up hill. It would be alot easier to get on a horse. I sold my horses a few years ago and I sooooo wish I had some more. Regardless of what some Doctors say, it IS exercise riding. You know that, don't ya! Man, I have a story to tell you, but I won't get into it here, have to tell you some day.

Oh, I sent a mail to Mrs. Betty yesterday, she told me this morning, that the Drs are out of town until Thursday, but she was going to call TRMC and check on the avalibility of a room for a meeting this month. She said she would let me know. I guess she will let someone know. They have a new web site. noscales.com. Check it out.I was sure hoping they would have a message board on their site, but they don't. A message board there sure would be cool. It would be exclusive to their patients. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be so _____________ You fill in the blank. lol

gotta go, talk to yall later.

lisa

Maybe it will be, Susan. I'm doing fine, I reckon. I got on the scales this morning. 19 pounds now. I have to get some time to change my ticker. I hope I get a fill. I really don't want to drive to Texarkana for nuthin. But, I'm following the diet they told me to do, and I guess that's why I'm loosing like that. BUT I am starving. Oh well, I keep telling myself, just stay busy and it will go away. sometimes it don't and I have to have a snack.

Better get. Talk to yall later.

lisa

hey mp bandies

i talked to miss bettymay yesterday and she said we would just skip the support meeting for jan and she'd double it up in feb