Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mt. Pleasant Bandsters

I reckon that will be ok, since I haven't been to one yet. I need to go.

lisa

the next post is a ticker test. I forgot to fix it before this one. sorry. ljg

jana

i got a question even though i'v had the band for 6months i've never had good restriction, but i think i'm there now my question is it normal to only eat about a tablespoon of anything and then be to fulll to eat more and if you do you pb i can still drink my h2o but i can't gulp down a whole bottle with pausing for a while the way i understand as long as i drink my h2o i'm not to tight so i guess i'm asking if you think being this tight is what i have been waiting for i hope is the right way for this thing to work because i ready to start losing1!!!

Good morning Susan. How are you today? Still feeling full? Details.... I need details. lol Since I go for my first fill next week, I'm hoping I won't have any problems and know what to expect. Sometimes I am soooo ready for it, sometimes I am kinda nervous about it. I sure was hoping we would have a meeting this month. Since I haven't actually met anyone, I kinda feel like a fish outta Water. Anyway, have a good day everyone. I will check in with yall later.

lisa

yea lisa i'm still full i have to real careful or i get stuck so i guess this is my "sweet spot" my advice is be aggressive finding your sweet spot because it is very discouraging knowing you have the right tool but it is just not adjusted right

can't help wondering if i know you i guess you have firgured out my name is susan hipp and i clean teeth and i'm a native mp person

i can't think of any lisa that i know but maybe i'm just not thinking harder enough

Well.... I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag, sorta speak. lol Many, many, many moons ago..... I worked for Dr. Ronnie Robertson, DVM. Jana, knows him well. That's how I know Jana. She probably don't remember me, but I do remember her. I also worked for the Bruechner's a few years after I worked for Dr. Ronnie. I was their tech and did everything from weighing to X-ray. Surgeries, lab and all that other good stuff that a vet tech does. (I weighed all of 120lbs then and tuff as a boot.) I have also worked other places in MP. I worked at the hospital several years ago. (lab) My last job was at Big Tex. So....does that shed some light on the subject?

Just wait til Jana reads this...she's gonna say "huh?"

talk to yall later.

lisa

"HUH" Can't wait till the meeting to see if you are who I think you are.

Everyone needs to wear a name tag telling what your name is on here.

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. I am so swamped. I don't know how long I can hold down two jobs. I am afraid I am going to have to quit subbing at the school. I really hate to because I enjoy the kids. This week I have been in the Ag shop. Everyone is working on the welding projects for the HOuston Livestock Show.

I have got to find time to go and get a fill. I am starving to death and this is a first for me. I have lost 1 lb since the first of the year. I wanted to hit that 100lb mark sooo bad, but it is that elusive brass ring I can't quite reach.

Told ya! lol When we get to have a support meeting, I'll be the one NOT wearing the name tag. You will probably know me anyway. I don't know, you might not. Older, much larger, glasses now. gray hair... the list goes on and on. lol Jana, just go with me Monday. I'll scoot over and let you get a fill. lol I'm beginning to get excited bout mine. If it weren't for the battle scars on my stomach, I sometimes wonder if I dreamed that I got my band. lol

Did yall check out the new website? It has the dates for group meetings on there.... site address is noscales.com. It's cool.

better git, talk to yall later.

lisa

Morning, yall! Susan, how are you? still got restriction? I'm just green with envy. But I get to go Monday. I hope it helps. I have a question. If you go without a meal, do you get sick at your stomach? I got home from church last nite and I don't like to eat that late at nite (8:30) and I just wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat. This morning, I feel yucky. Kinda have a upset stomach. I had part of a shake, but I still feel like I could barf all over the place. Sorry to be so graphic. Please tell me this is just a glitch and I'm not getting some kinda virus.

Well... enough bout that. I don't wanna bring everyone down. Just askin.

Yall have a good day.

lisa

lisa

r u ok to day i have never felt sick at my stomach if i missed a meal hope you are not getting that nasty virus i have been hearing about.

and yes i am still restricted YEA!!!! this is a first for me and i feel like a new bandster because i finally have had to learn to eat like a bandster

i hope monday gives you some relief from hunger

Hey Susan. I feel much better today. Thanks for askin. I don't know what was wrong yesterday. Just an off day, I guess. Glad you have learned how to eat. Now, we will see that Valentine's goal. (aw-right!!) I haven't lost anymore, I don't think. Haven't been on the scales. wait.......nope. nuthin. But, you know what time it is? Bout a 3 pound Water weight gain. I just hate that!!!! wish i had a water pill. lol

Have a good day. Talk to you later.

lisa

Thread: Texarkana Bandsters

View Single Post #129  http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/buttons/report.gif

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Yesterday, 10:03 PM

DrHekier http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_382503", true);

Hello to all. I think it's great that we have so many people supporting each other on this board.

Since one of our patients suggested that we establish some sort of feedback on our website, I just added a new feature.

I just added a blog to our home page at www.noscales.com

Just go to the website and click on the 'blog' button at the bottom of the screen.

Every few days I'll try to have myself, Dr Keilin, Betty, Amy, Tammy, Deb, Angie, or Jamie from our office post some thoughts.

The best part is people can add comments! On the bottom of each blog entry is a button marked 'comments'. (It currently reads '0 comments') You can press that button and leave your own thoughts if you like and comments can be anonymous.

Let me know what you think about this new feature, and also what topics you would want to hear more about.

Dr. Ron Hekier, Texarkana Lap Band Surgeon

Lap Band Texarkana ( Texas | Arkansas )

Disclaimer:

All information posted by me is my personal opinion and does not reflect views sanctioned by any other body or entity. Posts on this board should not be construed to be offered as medical advice or a professional opinion.

DrHekierView Public Profile Send a private message to DrHekier Visit DrHekier's homepage! Find all posts by DrHekier Add DrHekier to Your Buddy List

Looky what I found on the other thread.... Thought yall might like to see it. :clap2:

later, lisa

I finally did it. I called and got an appointment for another fill. I go on Monday the 12th. That is the same day as the support meeting in Texarkana so I think I'll hang around and go to it. I have missed several meetings. I have only been to 4 and I have to make at least 6. I'll still come to the one here. I hope this will get me back on track. I have the muchies sooo bad. I try to only eat things that are good for me but I am still eating too much. One lb in one month is not enough. That elusive 100 lb loss is looking further and further away.

Guess I just have the blahs. I have had the crud the last several days and this weather isn't helping much. I feel too bad to work out. Oh well, tomorrow will be better. Hopeful the sun will come out and warm things up.

Jana!!! You can do this. Don't get discouraged. Just take a look at your ticker. 95 lbs???? That is nuthin to sneeze at. You stick to your guns, young lady and (man, I just gotta say it, sorry) git er done!

I hope you feel better soon.

I have figured out something... if you drink all the Water you supposed too, you loose weight faster. Took me YEARS to figure that one out. Maybe, because I hated the taste of our water.

Maybe, your appointment will lift your spirits and get you motivated again. I hope so.

lisa

Mornin! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was ok, I reckon.

I'm off to see Dr. H today for my first fill. :) Yall keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well. I'm kinda nervous. I promise not to look at the needle, but they really don't bother me that much.

I really just wanted to tell everyone good mornin.

Talk to ya later!

lisa