Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got god?

I apologize if I offended anyone! I truly didn't intend to!! Now move on with your day and get over it;-)

:D

This forum is in the United States of America right! Freedom of speech baby! Those of you who do not like, don't post and keep going. Imworthit- there are some Christians groups on here that maybe you can join. That way you will not have to hear such negativity from non believers.

.... if you believe he's real you have an infantile mind.

Who...me?

Yup.

post-20464-13813668325318_thumb.jpg

Who...me?

Yup.

Rofl!!!! Love it, Gman! I, too, must have an infantile mind.... Funny, because the letters behind my name tend to imply otherwise :P

There's an atheist subforum on this board, have at it. Or post it here. The only one making you a victim at this point is you. I'm not an atheist, I'll just ignore what you're saying.

Wow. went right over your head? I never claimed to be a victim of anything. I was merely stating an observation. I am not an atheist either...that is why I said "atheist type" beliefs because there isn't a description that accurately describes my beliefs and didn't want to spend a whole paragraph trying to explain something so personal to me to someone who obviously wouldn't get it.

I once did a concert at a mental institution. I met a man who insisted he was Frank Sinatra Jr. To the best of my knowledge he was not.

I did not feel offended by his delusion, it was not a threat to my "beliefs", I was not compelled to find a way to stop his self expression. In fact, I was kind to him and worked around his delusion. We are both human beings and deserve tolerance which I define as "space to be".

I believe in God. I have also spent many hours discussing my faith with highly intelligent atheists. Many have exhibited graciousness and although quite opposed to my beliefs maintained a civil dialog. I feel like real warmth and mutual respect was established.

There are many ways we can relate to each other. I try to relate as I see opportunity without sacrificing my identity or character.

My Savior ate with tax collectors and rank sinners which bothered the religious folks terribly. He was not put off by the differences, he found a way to embrace the unlovely. I am not as longsuffering as He, but I'm working on it.

I have found very few religious people (and I am surrounded by them) who can discuss his or her faith along with others without being on the defense. If you are truly one of the few out there, then you would be good company. I steer clear of religious topics and discussions, in general, because of what happened in this very thread. People, in general, get defensive and start saying things that don't even make sense because they aren't even listening any more. The walls go up and they only pick out certain words out of a sentence and take things out of context where it isn't even what you were saying in the first place.

Came to the thread expecting knee jerk reactions from closed minded anti religion bigots, was not disappointed.

Came to the thread expecting knee jerk reactions from closed minded anti religion bigots' date=' was not disappointed.[/quote']

You are right, the non religious have been oppressing the religious for centuries, denying them equal rights, burning people at the stake, and engaging in a widespread organized child abuse scandal, oh wait no they haven't...

You are right' date=' the non religious have been oppressing the religious for centuries, denying them equal rights, burning people at the stake, and engaging in a widespread organized child abuse scandal, oh wait no they haven't...[/quote']

Because only religious people do those things, right?

My previous posts have nothing to do with my belief or disbelief in God. I was brought up very Catholic. But this is not the place for that type of discussion. Its not a "Freedom of speech" issue. I could post about my rotten day at work, my band or my dog, but I don't because this is a forum for wls. Why can't we keep it that way?

Fwd: Just dare Me! A blessing is coming your way. Please drop everything & pass it on. Tomorrow will be the Best Day of your Life. Send this to 14 friends in 10 mins.

I'm not offended by a religious post...this is the "talk lounge forum"...where discussions of any type can take place.

What does offend me is the "send to 14 friends in 10 minutes" part.

What? God has a timer and friend quota on blessings???

Puleasee....

Well if you can point to any example of someone doing any of these things in the name of atheism I'd love to hear it...

Shouldn't have gone there, BCA. ;)

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn offered the following explanation: “ Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.'

Since then I have spend well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.' [9]

Vox Day notes concerning atheism and mass murder: “ Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.

Is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules sufficient evidence that atheism does, in fact, provide a systematic influence to do bad things? If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. If one considers the statistically significant size of the historical atheist set and contrasts it with the fact that not one in a thousand religious leaders have committed similarly large-scale atrocities, it is impossible to conclude otherwise, even if we do not yet understand exactly why this should be the case. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation![10]