Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Other Montanans Out There

Well, I'm four months out since surgery and down almost 60lbs!! I have never felt better. Granted I still chose to continue my protien shakes for breakfast(Syntrax makes awesome flavors and no chalky taste at all) and rarely eat anything but fish and chicken with a small salad. On occasion I'll splurge on that piece of pizza. I love cooking from the cookbook I got at Dr. Rohrer's Office, "Eating Well After Weightloss by [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/002-3142992-8492827?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Patt%20Levine]Patt Levine[/ame]", the recipes are simple and very family friendly. My three kids eat what I do 95% of the time.

Dr. Rohrer did my surgery, and I know he does patients that had surgery in Mexico, and the costs of my fills had I not had surgery through him would be about $100.00 if that helps at all.

I wish you all well, and God Bless!!!! :biggrin:

Judy,

What does the doc charge for fills? Shawn

I had my second fill with him today. He is a PA and charges $150.00 (no floro). I paid cash (check) and got a 15% discount. So my total was $135.00. He assisted with my gall bladder surgery several years back and has been assisting with gastric bypass surgerys as well. Hope this helps. ~Judy

Hello I just happened to stumble upon this forum and found everyones input very helpful thank you. I live in Billings and have been looking into getting Lap Band. I have made my initial appointment with Dr. Martin in Great Falls for next month.

I do have a question if anyone can answer it for me. Someone mentioned Triwest (Tricare) in a previous post. I have that insurance and did look online at what the circumstances are that they will cover this. I do qualify, but do I need to get some kind of referal from a doctor or get pre approval before I have a first appointment? I have not seen any other Dr. about anyhing pertaining to my weight really, I go to the Dr when I have to, yearly exam that sort of thing.

Anyone who has info for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Angela

Hi Angela,

I can't answer your question about Tri-care. Did you get the appointment you mentioned without a referral? You will likely definitely have to get pre-approval from your insurance co, and sometimes they really like to make you dance through the hoops before they approve you. Your Dr.s staff should be able to walk you through all that.

I was banded in Denver a year ago in July. Doing reasonably well, but, I, alas, am one of those very slow losers. No ones fault but my own. I feel I should have lost at least another 34-40 lbs by now, and then I would have reached my goal. I've lost probably 85 lbs overall. I really need to bump up the exercise again, because my calorie intake probably isn't too excessive... I do eat way too much cheese and chocolate puddings! Trying to cut back on those as they are my weaknesses.

This thread kind of goes in spurts too. Perhaps we can get it going a bit by asking how everyone else is doing at this point? Does anyone have any eating suggestions for me? I could sure use some! I am in a real rut, and tend to eat the same old things just about every day.

I have gotten two fills from Dr. Rohrer in Gt. Falls, and wouldn't hesitate for a minute to go back to him. My total is three, and from the way I feel, still, I think its doubtful I'll need another one. I can tell you, this band will kick my behind hard if I get too carried away with things. I wish they could band my head and squeeze all the food cravings out of my mind. Unfortunately, just doesn't work that way. So, the fight goes on... but, I expect to win it someday!

Meanwhile, good luck with your journey, and keep us posted.

Joy

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in ages. The last few months have been trying to say the least. I kind of leveled off and haven't lost more than a few pounds the last few months, but I wasn't working at it and definantly wasn't eating like I should. I need to get back on track.

The last few months brought a divorce and a move... I knew it was coming. He didn't want this surgery at all.. and couldn't handle the decision. It just happened to be the final nail in the coffin. So Now that I'm settled in Harlowton, and up and kicking I'm hoping to get back on plan again and kick start the weightloss again...

Keep in touch!!!!

Edited by Montana Cowgirl
update

Montana Cowgirl - I see you did your surgery with Dr. Rohrer, did you have insurance to cover it or did you pay cash? If you paid cash can I ask how much it cost you?

My insurance actually paid for most of it, my out of pocket was about $1500 dollars. But had the insurance not covered the surgery it would have cost me apx $14,000 was what the bill was I believe. That covers the surgery, fills for one year, and the testing leading up to the surgery.

Hi all! I am from Great Falls and had my banding December 2nd by Dr. Martin. Everything went well, going to see the doc tomorrow. The shoulder pain I was having is much better. I am looking forward to meeting other bandsters in Montana!

Hi! I am looking for a aftercare/fill doctor in the Missoula or Kalispell area.

I know Dr.Pickhardt and Dr.Swannack are the bariatric surgeons in Msla but I've had a TERRIBLE experience with their office and would not recommend them to anyone. :lol:

Please let me know if you are aware of any other doctors in the area. Thanks so much!

Ok well it has been a long time since anyone has been posting here, but I am wondering about docs in gfalls and missoula. I am thinking about having this done and would like thoughts on drs... thanks Diana

Hi from Great Falls. I highly recommend Dr. Martin in Great Falls. She is very caring and friendly. I have had a great experience with the surgery (Dec. 2nd) and a fill (about one month ago).

As you will see in my previous post, I would not recommend the Missoula doctors. Dr.Pickhardt removed my gallbladder in '05 which didn't need to be removed. Dr.Swannack was supposed to perform my lap-band surgery but never did. Long story short, I ended up traveling out-of-state for my lap-band and am so grateful I did. Needless to say, I did not have a great experience with either one of these docs. :blink:

Just found this thread and thought I would give my doctor's name. I don't think he has been mentioned, but I did skip a few pages to get to the last :thumbup:

I am in Great Falls and I see Dr. Mortenson for my adjustments. I also have Triwest insurance. I had my surgery done in Las Vegas, NV when we were stationed there. Dr. Mortenson had no problem with doing my after care.