Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Hey my girls! How are we all doing? I got a small fill today, not that I really needed it. I lost 11 pounds since last month. Almost to goal! WOOOO HOOO!

Dr said they would help me promote the book as well so I need to get my ass in gear to finnish it!

hi loves - back from vaca - I had a super wonderful time!!! Of course ate crap I shouldn't have but still feel like I'm somewhat in control. Through all this I need your advice asap - I don't know if I'm too tight or need a fill. I find myself eating crap, chips, Cookies, candy all the bad stuff and it all goes down without a problem, then I eat something "good" for me and I get stuck, throw up (I'm pb'ing at least once or twice a week). I told myself I would get a fill when I got back and now I'm second guessing it. Whatcha think?

BTW - you all are awesome! the pics the biking the self control - unreal - I want to be like you!

Steph

to me it sounds like you are what my surgeon calls the Red Zone. Not a good place to be! It can mean you are actually too tight, I have had unfills before. She told me you eat the bad stuff because it is full of fat so it can slip down easier. The good stuff doesn't go down because you are too tight! Good luck and welcome back.

hehe... i just realized something. This is the first time my driver license has EVER said I weigh MORE than what I really do! haha. Even when I got it I said 190 and it was really 200.

It has always said 190 ever since. Even when I was MUCH heavier.

Talk about denial!

I just thought it was funny. I will have to have them change it next time around! ha!

Steph -- girl, I would say you are too tight too. I know the crap goes down easy. OH HOW I KNOW! Get it out of your house. I know you have the family around, but if you can toss the crap. Get it our of sight/out of mind!! ASAP. When i go to my parents I find myself wanting to eat chips/chocolate/cake/doughnuts -- WHY!?!? becuase it is right there and it still tastes much better than my turkey burger.

I keep my home snack free. That way if i get the munchies... i still have to eat something healthy. It is the only way ive been able to do this!

so I agree with booboo -- you may want to opt for a slight UNfill. and get back to where you arent afraid to eat chicken/turkey good filling lean Protein. and ONLY keep those types of things handy... that way when you get the urge to eat you will HAVE to eat the healthy stuff.

So happy you had a good vacation!

STEPH!!!!! Welcome Back!!!! so good to see you posting...and i'm glad you had a great vacation!

Wow Boo and BMan, you guys are smart!! I hadn't even thought about needing an UNFill in this situation!!! I was thinking that maybe Steph just needed to eat the good stuff more slowly, and chew better! :)

BMan, that is awesome about your license!! Luckily in VA you don't have to put your weight on your license! :) I'm QUITE happy about that! lol

Boo....how is the book coming along?? Are you making progress?

Well, I"m still in a funk over a man (stupid I know), but I've made an appt. to talk to a counselor about it and hopefully work it out. My best friend is coming to visit next week and I need to be in a better place mentally!

Hope you're all doing well!

Well, I took Nat's advice: I took my measurements last night. I haven't lost anything significant from most parts of my body... It was like 5" total ALL over my body. My waist hasnt lost ANYTHING. Legs nothing calves nothing... arms... I lost like .5" Neck.5"

BUT I have lost 2 inches on my BUST line! :) My chest measurement is the same. But around where my breasts are -- there are 2" missing! NOT where I wanted to lose inches BUT i am hoping is was the nasty arm-pit fat and NOT my boobs!! haha...

I know my "girls" are getting smaller though. I don't really mind... BUT

I wish this gut of mine would lose something. I do TONS of crunches everyday and I haven't lost any inches from my middle.

I just keep hoping that as I gain the muscle that my scale will somehow start moving again. I am FRUSTRATED!

which setting is the best to look at this forum, I can't find one I like that makes sense....

or are in current order without selecting the last post.

Thanks for any help. BTW I like this forum and the Dec bandsters one!

I get frustrated as heck and discouraged. I weighed 192 this morning now this after noon is said 196.6 and it has been awhile since I have seen that scary number. It is really hot here, I am not fixing to PMS, and so I have no REAL excuse I can think of. I didn't eat 12000 calories in the last week.

Does anyone else have this experience with the scales?

:help:

MrsLance....Welcome! I'm didn't even know there were different settings you could have on here, so I'm afraid I'm no help there. As for the scale, you DO know that your weight fluctuates during the day no matter what right?? I try to only weigh first thing in the AM, after i've peed, and am still naked. ALWAYS. That way I know the readings are as consistent as they're gonna be.....BUT...having said that, you always have to factor in what you've eaten the day before, if you're PMSing, and all that other lovely stuff! :)

BMAn....sorry to hear about the boob shrinkage! That is the one place I want to keep from getting smaller, but I guess we have no say in the matter really...it's all up to our genetics! HANG IN THERE!!! Just keep doing what you're doing and one day you'll hop on that scale and 10 pounds will just *POOF* BE GONE! :)

Thanks girls! I was talking to someone else who said their doctor told them it was from not chewing well enough. Bman you're right about getting all the junk out of the house - I went shopping last night and bought more cottage cheese and ff turkey and ham - which was good but then I grabbed a bag of chips!!! UGH - I said it was for my dd bf but if they don't leave the house today you know it'll be hell to resist. I think I might be in the red zone too - I'm thinking I'll call the dr and go in for a fill but have him do me under fluro to see how it all looks.

love ya!

Good Steph, let us know how it goes! Good Luck. I have been in the exact situation Steph, and I really started loosing after a VERY VERY small unfill!

Va--I only know because I have been there! Book is doing well, oin chapter 6 now! I will try to post some later! :)

Thanks for asking!

MRs---NEVER EVER trust the scale if you weigh yourself more than 1 time a day. It will NEVER be right. Weigh 1 time a day in the am after a tinkle. ANd ONLY then!

Hi guys! Sorry I've been absent (again)

Steph - does sound like you're too tight. You should be able to eat bandster portions of meat and veggies comfortably. Junk food will ALWAYS go down too easy! I had to throw out yet another package of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches the other day - I bought them thinking I could control myself, and realized that once I let myself open the package, I'd eat more than one. So I threw them out without eating even one... So I TOTALLY hear you on that!

So I think I might be a little depressed. I realized last weekend that I really don't have much in common with my "old" group of friends - they all love going to brewpubs and eating pub food and drinking, partying at the races we go to (I race cars) and such. I'd rather go for a hike, or bike, or something. So, I realized I need to make new friends, otherwise this is going to get really lonely really quick... :) Not to say that I won't stay friends with this group, just that they won't be the people I hang out with on a regular basis since our activity preferences differ so much now. Sad...

Bnannie....sorry to hear about the friends thing....I know how it can be. You should totally check out Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups!! They have groups in every areas of the US for pretty much every type of interest! So if you want to meet people to go hiking with, look for a hiking group near you, or walking or biking or book club, or whatever! It's a great way to meet new people and make new friends! Ok.....yes, I'm an organizer of a few meetup groups, but I have to tell you, it's been a godsend to my social life! Where I used to have NO LIFE....I now have to start saying NO b/c I'm too exhausted to go out all the time! ;-)

BOO...can't wait to see part of your book! :)Glad to hear it's moving along!

Just checking in.

My bitch ass scale read 232 this morning. Fugging peesa crap. I know it's my period, but that's 5 pounds up from 227 and I'm eating WELL. Except for tonight, when I ate pan seared salmon and steamed broccoli, followed by a sweet vodka drink chaser.

Steph - eat slower. I don't think you're too tight, personally. Not if you ate well during vacation. Back to basics, girlfriend. Slow down, chew well, make good choices, follow the rules. If you're still PBing, you're too tight, but I think you would have known long before now unless you have ONLY been eating junk since your last fill.

BooBoo - almost to goal? YOU ROCK!

B'man - don't be so hard on yourself. You're losing inches, your body has no choice physiologically but to react to the input/output formula. Chill out, chica! you're doing FABULOUSLY!

Annie - I totally owe you an email! I know what you mean about needing new friends. I NEED friends. :D I adore you girlfriend.

Welcome MrsLance - we're a great group of girls here, losing steadily.

That's all from me. Hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm sick (cold), bleeding like a murder victim, irritable, sore, tipsy and fat. LOL

Love you guys!

Nathalie

Hey girls I am on here reading all your updates- I just never have time to post. I am not really losing any weight, but I must be getting smaller anyway as I tried on 12/14 pants last night and all be they were snug they fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From a 22-24 to a 12-14!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! I am so happy!