Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

I don't know if you guys have heard about Alli the weight loss drug that is now over the counter (a weak form of Orlistat)

My sister will be graduating from Pharmacy school in a few months. She know her stuff. Here was her recent take on the new "wonder" weight loss drug.

This made me crack up!!!

Public Service Announcement : Weight Loss & Alli

Warning: This is graphic but someone has to tell it like it is. The news companies and pharmacies are too afraid.

After hearing some non-pharmacist friends talking recently, I decided to write this blog to help everyone out.

Alli is a great new diet pill that is proven to work and is available over the counter. You can lose up to 50% more weight using Alli than just by diet and exercise alone. Great, huh?

No.

Alli makes you poop your pants. Alli's marketers hide this by using the term "fecal urgency." You will have "oily discharge" throughout the day. When you fart, you will shoot out oil. When you start taking Alli, you have to bring an extra change of clothes. When you take Alli, according to the patient information brochure, you may recognize what's in your poop as the oil that is often on the top of your pizza. This statement disturbs me. First it implies that you look at your poop in the toilet and say, "Hey! I recognize that from somewhere!" Second, it implies that all fat people eat pizza and not just pizza, but the greasy, nasty kind. Third, why use the pizza analogy?? A simple "it looks like fat or oil" would have sufficed. Personally, I think Alli's marketing writers should be fired.

And this still happens when you are following the "rules" and only eating the recommended 15 grams of fat per meal. If you eat more than that, may God be with you.

Here is a scenario of what will happen:

You eat:
A turkey sandwich

You:
Poop your pants

You eat:
Low fat chips and salsa

You:
Poop your pants

You eat:

You:
Poop your pants

You eat:
A salad with ranch

You:
Poop your pants all day and will probably have to sleep on the toilet

You eat:
Taco Bell

You:
Poop you pants for days, and probably will get fired because you skipped work. You'll have to quit if you did go because everyone saw you poop your pants. You will also need to buy a new collection of work pants and maybe a new office chair.

So instead of buying Alli, maybe you should buy stock in Depends or the Tide To Go Pen stain remover.

Just a tip from your neighborhood pharmacist.

Well, I havent lost much weight, BUT since June 11th...

I've lost 7 inches from my body! :biggrin1: So, I must be accomplishing something.

Glad I finally decided to start measuring :-)

I bought one of those MINI balls to do my core training on... try to shape up this stomach SOMEHOW! Did another 35 mintues on the elliptical... and crunches on the big ball!

Calories were low today and exercise was HIGH. This scale has GOT to get moving down soon. It is just scientifically impossible to consume 700 calories or less a day and BURN 3000+ calories a day and NOT lose. SOOO, I have to see some change soon.

WTH....rotfl.....omg....Brandi! :eek: I was laughing so hard I cried. What a great PSA! I am glad that ALL Brandi's even those with an i instead of a y are crazy! lol....my DH was thinking of doing it, and since all we do is fight, I am thinking it would be a great idea for him. :o Mean, bitch aren't I? lol....

I had a truly awsome day yesterday. I went swimsuit shopping because I have to have one for Cedar Point. Anyhow, I went to Fashion Bug, I was truly upset because they had nothing in my size, well....the girl comes over to me and asked me if I need help. I was upset and told her there was nothing in this store in my size. Without even asking what size I was she said "That is because you are on the wrong side" :) YEAH!!! So she walked me over to the other side. I have never been there before....lol....I got a suit and a LARGE shirt...a freaking LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!! NO more 4X!!! EVER EVER EVER again!

Happ belated birthday BK! I am glad you had a good day! :)

I found this today on Yahoo Health.

It is written by

Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D., C.D.N.

on Sun, Jun 17, 2007, 9:34 pm PDT

"While it's true that exercise helps you lose weight by burning more calories, in order to lose one pound of real fat weight during your workout, you’d need to burn 3,500 calories."

I usually burn about 3100-3200 a day. Maybe THAT is my problem!! I thought I was doing a pretty good job of burning calories, but maybe I'm really not.

I found this today on Yahoo Health.

It is written by

Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D., C.D.N.

on Sun, Jun 17, 2007, 9:34 pm PDT

"While it's true that exercise helps you lose weight by burning more calories, in order to lose one pound of real fat weight during your workout, you’d need to burn 3,500 calories."

I usually burn about 3100-3200 a day. Maybe THAT is my problem!! I thought I was doing a pretty good job of burning calories, but maybe I'm really not.

I'm confused. If you burn 3200 calories per day, why wouldnt' you be losing a couple pounds per week? You're eating 800 - 1000 calories per day, right? So you're burning more than you eat. I missed your logic, I think.

Anyhow, your body is reacting to your exercise, especially if you've lost 7 inches in 2 weeks, girl!

More later, I was just checking in. Stop being so hard on yourself!

Nathalie

The doctor said that REGARDLESS of what you eat. To burn one pound of existing fat you must burn 3500 calores/day

That includes your Basal (resting) calories that you burn which is roughing 2200-2800 depending on your lifestyle/age/ect.

I am only getting about 3200 a day burned. So, if the Dr. is right... then I need to be getting in 300 more caloreis burned each day and will see better results.

I'd just never acutally seen anyone give a # of calories = an actual # of pounds lost.

I'm not trying to be hard on myself. I just want my scale to move. I've been stuck here for months. It is frustrating. I don't know what Im doing wrong.

That's why I like my bodybugg (when I'm doing what I'm supposed to). It tells me all the calories I burn in a day, subtracts what I eat when I enter it and tells me whether or not I have deficit. You need a deficit of at least 3500 calories a week to lose one pound a week. That averages to a deficit of 500 calories a day.

In other words, you may be burning 3200 calories a day but you need to subtract what you eat from it. That is the deficit. So if you're burning 3200 and eating 2200 a day, that ends up being a 1000 calorie deficit a day which should lead to a 2lb loss in a week.

See! My deficit is WAY more than 500 calories a day. I eat no more that 800-900 on a HIGH day and I excersie buring 700-900 calories a day. So... my deficit is HUGE. That is how I lost the 80bls so quickly. Now, it seems like the scale is just laughing at me.

I would love to have one of those Body Buggs! I would love to have a trainer too... I know I must be doing something wrong.

So, ultimately... I need to win the lottery. hahaha THAT is the real problem. No money for all of this crap!

Self pay was my only option. I don't regret it. But that is $500/month just to pay my bill. It is hard to justify spending even more money on something else.

I will just keep at it. This will have to work eventually. it HAS to.

Brandi - you'd stopped working out for a while and got into a rut of not eating right. You were still losing for a bit, but what you lost was not only fat but lean muscle. Now that you're workin' it again, hitting the elliptical, crunches, weights, you're gaining back your muscle!

Also, it sounds like your body's "compacting" since you're losing inches. It WILL WORK. You ARE doing the right things! Just let your body catch up to what you've been doing (right) the past 2 weeks and you're going to start dropping QUICK!

Hang in there - I know it's frustrating, but you ARE doing the right things and the scale will move, just give it a touch more time!

(and yes, 3500 calorie deficit = 1 lb fat loss)

Another 35 minutes down on the elliptical! Off to do crunches and weights. I passed up a night out tonight. Was invited out the bar and I just stayed home to exercise and behave myself.

I plan on going out next weekend. So, I have to be extra good in order to deserve a night off. I am going camping with friends at a boat regatta on the Ohio River next weekend.

Its a lonely night here. Hope you are all having a good night.

Where is CLAUD!?!? I hope she is ok. I miss her.

I found a new love that i'd forgotten! Bicycling! I went just went on a 5 mile ride, I was cruising... only took me about 20 minutes to go somewhere between 5 and 6 miles! I was kicking butt.

Boy I can feel the different muscles that I was using as opposed to the elliptical. I think I am going to start biking everyday too. It was so enjoyable! Not like exercise at all. more like FUN. I can handle THAT.

I am going to invest in one of those cushion seats though DAMN that is rough on the rump! HA!

LONG TIME NO WRITE LOL OR READ LOL

OK .. SO I WAS OUT FOR SOME DAYS READ BUT NOT LOGED IN AT ALL TO WRITE WHAT I WAS UP TO . I HAD A BIRDAY PARTY FOR MOM LAST SAT AND WOW IT WAS SO SO KOOL SHE TURNED 68 . AND I PARTIED LIKE I HASNT IN SUCH A LONG TIME MY HOLE FAMILY WAS HERE AT MY HOME SO YOU COULD JUST IMAGINE EVERYONES COMMENTS . i DIDNT CARE I ATE EVERYTHING CAKE , chips LOL NOT .. BUT WHAT I DID DO WAS DRINK AND OMG DID I DRINK . I TOOK ABOUT 8 TEQUILA SHOTS YES TEQUILA AND I WAS JUST FINE ACTUALLY LOT 2 POUNDS LOL ANYWAYS ON I HAD A GREAT TIME . LOTS OF NICE COMMENTS AND TO TRULY SAY I LOOKED WOW NO WORDS I ACTUALLY COULD LOOK IN THE MIROR AND SAY IS THIS ME I ACTUALLY LIKED MY SELF AND THAT HASNT HAPPEN IN A LONG TIME .

AFTER THAT STORY I HAVNT LOST WEIGHT AND I HAVE BEEN EATING LOTS OF THINGS I SHOULDNT I DONT FEEL LIKE I HAVE FAILED AT ALL BUT I KNOW I NEED TO GET BACK IN TRACK .I AM ALMOST TO MY FIRST GOAL BUT I NEED TO ACCOMPLISH IT AND ITS TAKING MORE TIME THEN I WANTED TO AND THAT MY OWN FAULT.

ALL OF YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS AND I THANK GOD EVERYNIGHT YOU PUT YOU IN MY NEW LIFE I LEARN A LOT FROM ALL OF YOU AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU LIKE THE SISTER I HAVE NEVER HAD.

WELL I WRITE SOON AND KEEP YOU UP TO DATE NOW I NEED TO GET SOME sleep.

OH AND I MAY BE ON TV SOON I TELL YOU WHY LATER BYE MUA@@@

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!!

CLAU