Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

hi all -

I went to yahoo to see what I'd missed and I guess I was the last to post. LOL

B-man I just saw you had your surgery in Cincinniti - you aren't that far from me - maybe 4 hours? Hubby worked out there for about 8 months a couple years ago. I'm just east of Pittsburgh, and VA I think you are pretty close to me too. I'm glad you made it home ok.

Bk - good to hear the fill went well. I think 9.75 would hold 9.75 - right?

Its not as bitter cold here this morning. Thank goodness.

Kay that Soup sounds yummy - something hubby would like. I think a ww point is 50 calories.

Nat its so nice to have someone notice all the hard work! You go girl!

I'm nervous about mom and sis coming - I think they'll be expecting a thinner me. I don't think they would say anything to discourage me.

Steph, yeah, no one has posted in the yahoo group in a while! Guess we're all getting busy and just trying to keep up here!

I know what you mean about feeling like your family is going to be dissapointed.......I definitely think my parents have "gastric bypass expectations" in that they think it's going to melt off quickly even though I've told them over and over it's a process and it is a much slower process than w/the GB! I'm sure they'll be happy for your loss so far though! At least they are supportive too!! I know some peoples families are not!

It snowed here last night!! My kids get the day off, even though it only snowed an Inch....but whatever! They're happy!! I on the other hand, am off to work.....talk to you all later!

BK -- 9.75 should be the LENGTH -- yours probably holds the 4CC in VOLUME

(that is how mine is... but yours could possibly hold a different amount I would ask the doc)

BUT 4CC is the standard band. (and used the most)

----------------------

Hey Ms. Steph! Yeah, I am not too far away... I am just on the west side of Cincinnati, OH. I live in Indiana, but Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio all kind of come together there on the Ohio River. THAT is where I live on the Ohio River. So, technically... I am just down stream! hehe

VAbandster - you probably got some of the same storm that we did. All the schools are off here too... of course we got about 8 inches of snow. It was fun driving to work this morning. (which is where I am now... procrastinating)

Ahhhhh, better get my hind-parts back to work. Talk to you lovely ladies later!

BMAN...yeah, I'm in VA so I'm sure we got the leftovers of your storm, although I would have much prefered to get a few more inches!!

I'm at work before all my coworkers of course, so I'm goofing off til they get here :)

Thanks All For The Fill Well Wishes

Brandi- Yep You Are Right It Holds 4 Cc

I Am A Little Upset About My Fill Though Because My Doc Refuses To Fill Me Again Till At Least 6 Wks And I Know This 1st Fill Won't Last That Long

He Says He Will Weigh Me In 6 Wks And If I Have Not Lost Enough Weight Then He Will Fill Me He Said A 1 Cc Fill On Your First Fill Should Last A While

I Feel Restriction This Morning But I Think Everyone Does Of The Morning I Am On liquids For 2 Days Anyone Else Do That

Liquids Suck But Maybe It Will Kickstart My Weight Loss

Brandi I Have To Say U Are Losing Mighty Quick U Go Gurl I Wanna See Some Progress Pics Of You 40lbs Off I Am Sure We Could See A Difference

Oh And Something Else How Many Cc Did Everyone Else Get On Their First Fill

And How Many Did U Get On Your 2nd If U Have Had One Thanks Ladies Off To College

BK - I got 1.5cc on my first and 0.5 on my second in a 4cc band... Just got the second yesterday so I'm doing liquids/mushies too - I agree, it sucks, but if it helps with the lbs, yahoo!

BK -- my doc does a standard 1.5CC fill on the first time

(as long as you are not experiencing restriction just from having the band placed)

I had my second fill on the 1st... and I just had .1 CC added to it.

My doc likes to slowly creep up to the sweetspot... instead of getting the patient too tight too quick. THAT can lead to even bigger problems.

---------------------------------------------------------

My last fill has been confusing... sometime I feel like I am not restricted. Before I could feel the food going down slower and I could feel a slightly uncomfortable pressure after eating 1/2 cup that told me "YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH"

Now, (this morning) I ate about 3 ounces of chicken. I seemed to feel the "stop" point. Last night.... I think I wanted to eat a WHOLE chicken. I didnt!! BUT I wanted to. I think it is the old head hunger trying to creep back in....

So, last night I started exercising until I got myself soooo exhausted that I didnt want to eat... and then I fell asleep!

HA! Take THAT you stupid hungry brain!:fencing:

OH! and, by the way, I am taking some more comparison pics this weekend... I took my last pics on January 10th. So, I am waiting a month to take my next ones. I am scared to look at them. I'm so afraid that there wont be a difference... BUT I will share them with you guys so you can give me an "objective" view. I may even post them here instead of yahoo... nothing more motivating than knowing all of you will be scrutinizing my pictures once a month. :) scary!!

Good Morning...

I am thinking this is not going to be a great day...ugh. My little one is home sick (again...she was home last Wed as all). She was up at 2am freaking out because she thought she was going to throw up and she had spiked a temp of 102. Why doesn't she understand that Wednesdays are my busiest day of the week??? the nerve (j/k) Poor little thing though. She has always been my kid that catches everything that goes around. My older daughter and I never get sick, but the little one is another story. I knew it yesterday when I picked her up from school because she was so pale with red under her eyes...that always means she is getting something. This is her first year in school and I think she needs to try every germ on for size. bummer. So hubby has to leave work early because today is my clinical day and I need to leave for the hospital around 2:15. There goes my gym this morning too so I am doing the Biggest Loser video instead. I was looking to a good weight workout today.

Okay, on a better note, the scale seems to be letting go of whatever it was holding onto. I am back down that .8 or so that I gained, so I hope we are now moving onward and downward...we'll see if it keeps up.

Question...how are you all for getting your servings of fruit and veggies a day? I am definitely lacking. I find by the time I eat my Protein, there is often no room for the veggies with the exception of mashed taters which I know doesn't really count. I am taking my Multivitamins but I know I should be getting more produce. before surgery, I ate tons of fruits and veggies (and tons of everything else too...). I made a meatloaf last night to take to school with me and I made some mashed carrots so I know I will get something in. I am still on mushies so I am finding it hard to figure out what to eat as far as the veggies go. I need to make this a bigger priority. How are you all doing it?

BK-I never made the Soup with cream cheese before until last night. It was so good that way. I know it is more calories, but I eat such a small serving it doesn't make much difference. Plus, it adds a richness that was not there before and keeps me from adding shredded cheese and sour cream so it actually all evens out. Try it this way and let me know if you like it.

Brandi-I too want to see some pics of your success. I bet it is a big difference. Way to go.

Kirsten-1" of snow and no school? Sounds like Virginia..haha. You know it takes more than that up in your old neck of the woods. My kids got new snow pants and sleds for Christmas and are dying to use them. We have had no flippin snow. Not to mention, my husband plows and makes huge money when it snows so financially I look forward to it too.

(((Steph))) I understand your fear of having your family visit, expecting those G/B results. Hang in there. Educate them. I bet they will definitely see a difference. Remind them that this is for the long term and your are working on becoming healthier, instead of having the weight come off on it's own via G/B and not really learn the correct skills to manage that for the long haul. We'll get there girl!

Nat-you must be working hard today (?)..oh wait, I see that you are viewing the thread..good, I thought maybe you were really focusing on that job of yours..hehehehehe. Just kidding. How is the man/plaything? details details...

Hi all- sounds like everyone is doing great I am having problems at home with our furnace and piping (brand new!!!) It is driving us nuts! I go for my second fill tomorrow! I will touch base will all of you soon as I can!

You ALL better get some update pictures posted too!! Here or Yahoo!!

Kay you've lost 40 lbs yourself my dear!!

VABandster you've almost lost 30!!

Chubbygirl -- almost 40!!

BKwalling - almost 30!!

Ms. Steph -- 21 pounds gone forever!!!

Nat -- almost 40!! and this hot mama's got a new do.

Nikki -- 25 lbs gone!!

Claud -- over 40 lbs gone!!

jillrn -- almost 20 lbs gone!!

And these are just the people that have given a fairly recent update. I am sure some of you have lost even more and just arent believing that scale yet!!! You are all doing an awesome job my dears!! You all better start showing it off soon!

We've lost over a total of 300 lbs together ladies that is AWESOME!

No sad faces... (even though I know we all get them) because in all honesty, we are all doing a wonderful job.

STEPH...sorry to hear your little one isn't feeling well!!! I hope she feels better sick. If it's her first year in school, I'm sure she's building up her germ tolerance! :) I can't believe you guys haven't gotten any snow after all you had last year!

BMAN...WOW.....that was a really cool recap of our cumulative Progress!! Thanks for posting that!! Makes me feel a lot better!

Kay - I'm also really struggling on veggies and fruit. I've never been a big veggie eater so it's always going to be a struggle. I got some great raspberries and strawberries last week, but really haven't been consistent on fruit, either. Anyone have ideas? I could use some help, too!