Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

NAT....YUMM...QUESO dip! I love that stuff!!! Good thing it's not in my house or I'd be chowing down!!

CLAUD....don't worry about the fill....its not that painful!

BMAN....yeah, you should feel more restriction, but maybe what you ate just went down smoothly??

B-man I eat a cup of food - but then I'm FULL! And if I don't drink I will stay full for 4 hours or more. My dr said everyones pouch size is different so you may be able to hold a cup. But its important how long you are sated.

I gotta run - mom is coming to visit and wants me to find tickets for her. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

OMG I LOVE my Doctor!! :clap2: I knew he was closed for the day. So, I sent him a message on here about a hour ago (when I left my last post).

He already replied back with a response! ;)

He is such an awesome Dr.

9:00pm on a Monday and I can get in contact with him for my stupid paranoid questions... I love it!

He said that we've been very conservative with my fills... and that with my weight loss (ive lost alot the past two weeks) that he thinks Ive probably got it loosened up. Yeah for weight loss!!!! BOOOOO for more needles... ha

Well, at least I have an answer. He told me to schedule another fill for NEXT thursday... (two weeks from my last)

----------------------

Just got done burning 502 calories on that elliptical and I lifted weights for about 30 mintues, and did 70 crunches... and 20 oblique crunches... 30 for my lower abs...

Steph have fun with your mom!!

VABandster-- I second the queso comment! I wouldnt be able to have it in my house... it goes down WAY too easily and I love me some cheese!!

Getting dressed for work....

Queso recipe:

16 oz block Velveeta - regular flavor (cubed)

8 oz block Velveeta - pepper jack flavor (cubed)

2 cans RoTel diced tomatoes and green chilis (original)

http://www.texmex.net/Rotel/main.htm

2 pkgs ground turkey/beef/chicken - browned and drained

I also added extra onion, garlic which I browned with the meat.

Heat it in the crock pot and enjoy!

It is spicy and delicious! If you use a 2% velveeta, that will cut some of the calories. I've never tried that though...

I like it with the SCOOPS. I lay them out like little edible tortilla cups, and use a spoon to fill 'em up with queso.

Time to get dressed.... Heading to work now. More later.

I called for a fill, I think I told you. My food is going down too damn fast. I'm hungry after 2 hours of eating, and I'm not drinking with meals. It sucks. I'm really trying to fight the urge to eat and eat and eat and eat and eat. Still no sugar (and I'm proud of that!), VERY few fried foods (1x last week), and no bread/pasta.

My pants are looser. Another 17 pounds and I'll be into my size 18 clothes. I rock. I want to be there by Feb 22, when I go to FL. I'd be happy with a 10 pound loss, truth be told.

I got my hair fixed. It is gorgeous again. Not the Oprah I wanted, but it is not tangled or hard. I'll take pics tonight. She had to cut about 2" of my hair off though. ;) BUMMER That was the part that had been processed too much.

...and I ramble on.

N.

Good morning ladies!

Its freaking freezing here again today!!!

We went and bought our new flooring last night. I got Pergo - it looks the most like hardwood with the beveled edges and texture. Also the most expensive but we decided it'll probably last till we die so may as well get the best. Hubby has the bar pretty much torn out and just needs to rewire some of it. I'm excited to get this stuff done its been 20 years since I've had remodeling done, other then just new carpet. I guess him cutting his finger was a blessing in disguise because now he's home to work on the house.

Nat - I make a dip kind like your queso - its the large block of velvetta, a jar of salsa and a pound of browned and drained sausage. Its yummy too. Just melt it all together in a crockpot. If you notice I go for the simple yet tasty foods. (and fattening!) LOL Really good dessert if you are in a hurry. 2 graham cracker crusts - store bought is easiest. 2 pks cream cheese, soft, mix with 1 cup powder sugar add a tub of cool whip fill your pie shells and top with cherry or blueberry pie filling. Takes about 5 minutes and everyone LOVES it.

Natster also glad you got the do done, always feels good to have nice hair.

Kaydoll - you sound like you are doing great with the exercising and even the food control. Once you get a fill you'll be right back to feeling restriction again.

B-man sounds like you have a nice dr. Its good to be able to talk to them and know they care. Its funny because you all know I crush on my dr - well I went to his website and he really isn't all that good looking. LOL I guess its just bc he's so sweet and attentive when I'm around him that makes him so attractive.

Claud - the fill isnt' so bad - I didn't have any numbing or anything I just don't watch, the only thing that hurts is the initial poke from the needle and we've all done that a million times - concentrate on pressing your 2 big toes together and you won't even notice. But you'll love the restriction when you get the fill.

All this rah-rah talk and I'm in limbo hovering around 202 - 205 for the past week. I'm undecided if I should get another fill yet or not. I know I can eat a cup of food and be full for 4 hours if I don't drink so I'm thinking I shouldn't need a fill yet but then why isn't the scale still moving? I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my calories around or below 1000 and exercising everyday. :)

Mom, sis and neice are all coming in the 15th - 20th. Mom is 79, sis is 56, I'll be 45 and neice is 35. Then of course I've got the 2 girls that are 16 and 20. What an age variety!? But we have the most fun in the world when we are together. Me and my girls went out to Mn last Jan. and then they were here in July so we dont get to spend alot of time together so when we do we have a blast. I'm excited to have them here. Men? what men?

OK soooo sorry for the extreme post.

b-man congrats on all the weight you are losing good job

nat- I can not wait to see the hair do

steph - congrats on the floors they sound nice you will have to take pics and let us see

okay yall, I go for my first fill today. It is long overdue. I can not wait I was wondering what do you get to eat the day of the fill I have heard if u have a late appt just Breakfast mine is at 3 thanks all

Quick hellos before I try to read the posts. I have 10 minutes before I go out to pick up the kids so I wanted to say hi first.

I posted on the Feb challenge thread that i Was up 0.8 pounds at my weigh in this week. Ugh. I don't really know what is up with that since I am totally eating less cals than I am burning. Could it be muscle? I am definitely building more with all the exercise I am doing...My clothes are getting super loose. I am trying to let it not get me down. I do need a fill though. I am just way too preoccupied with eating, whereas I was not before. hmmm. I see the md soon enough.

Okay..I have carried on and now I will read...

Oh NAt...that was just EVIL of you to post that receipe!!! ;-)

Glad to hear you got your hair Fixed!!

STEPH....it is BITTER cold here in VA too!! I can't stand it! I'm actually sleeping in long johns and socks b/c I just seem to be so cold all the time! That is going to be one cool Girls WEekend w/all the girls in your family getting together!! I'm thinking about getting Pergo for my basement floors....someday!! (when I can afford it!) :)

KAY...I just posted on the other thread...and YUP....I think it's MUSCLE...AND you probably actually need to increase your calories b/c your body needs it now w/all that exercise!! You don't want it to go into starvation mode....try it and let us know what happens after a few days!

BK - good luck with the fill - I was allowed breakfast and then nothing for lunch and I had my fill around 1:30 - geesh I see its almost 2:00 now - you're probably on your way.

We got the bar torn out now - and I've cleaned my cabinets out - what a mess. I'm also getting a new countertop and dishwasher. I stand back and think I'd really like to tear the other wall out and put in a nice new island, w/stove and stuff. oh well - I'm happy with what I got.

Ok so we were working on all of that today and here we had a pipe break. So glad hubster is home.

My dd's car won't start.

Its been a day and 1/2 and its only 2:00!

Calgon take me away!

darn I don't even have Water for a bath!

Quickly - I am actually WORKING today. Can you believe it?

A guy at work mentioned my weight loss. We were talking about work junk, and he looked at me and smiled, then said, "You're losing weight. You look great!" I said, "Awww, thanks, Rob!" I'm still beaming from that compliment. Just what I need to keep it going.

Mind you, I have a Turkey Reuben in my lunch sack - and a diet lemonade. I'll eat 1/2 the meat and none of the bread.

WOO WOOOO! More later - hope everyone is having a great day!

Nathalie

Yikes! :( We are having a freakin' blizzard here!!

And I am stuck at work watching it come on down....

boy, i am NOT looking forward to that drive home!! :)

B-man, drive safely!!!! Scary stuff. We have nothing for snow in the Northeast. I wonder if we will get hit soon. Let us know you are home safely.

Nat-Great on the compliment. I bet that feels great. I KNOW it does. Work it!!!!!

Steph-congrats on all the home improvement. Sounds tiring but exciting too. Hang in there.

Okay, need to share a recipe if you all don't mind. It is an old weightwatcher recipe and so yummy, I tweaked it a bit to make it have more Protein and to make it creamy/cheesy because that is what I was craving...

Cheesy Taco Soup-

1lb lean ground beef or turkey

1 pkg low sodium taco seasoning (the powder)

1 pkg fat free Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning (for the dip)

1 can stewed tomatoes

1 can mexican stewed tomatoes

1 can black Beans

1 can red kidney beans

1 can corn

1 8oz brick of lowfat cream cheese

1 small onion chopped

2 cloves garlic minced

Brown meat in stock pot, drain, add onion until cooked and then add garlic for about a minute. Stir in both seasoning mixes. Now add all the cans of stuff (I rinse the red beans but add the Water from everything else). Bring to a boil then simmer on low(covered) about 1/2 hour. Then add the cream cheese and stir it in until it melts. Simmer on low another half hour or so. It is so good and a 1 cup serving is about 3 WW points which means NOT MUCH CALORIES. I don't know the actual calorie figures but I don't think it is too bad...I ate about 3/4 cup and it was so thick, filling and yummy.

Hope you enjoy.

Have a good night everyone.

Hey bman wish I had snow like that

nat- happy to hear about the compliment nsv for sure

hey boo boo kitty

steph- Sorry I hate construction we had it at my home for almost two months before it was over

okay about my fill it was pretty much painless

It was under floro so it went well he put 1cc in my band

does anyone know how many cc a 9.75 band will hold

I am on liquids for two days now which sucks

kay- I make that same Soup without the cream cheese I will have to add that and see how it is