Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Aw - bummer Nat! So you got there and he never showed? That would've ticked me off unless he called and let you know ahead that he wouldn't be there. What kind of church was it? Did you eat your queso dip? I made that Soup that Kaydoll gave us. Yummy! I also ate 3 chocolates - yep seems like that time is coming my way. Sucks being in menopause and never knowing if you're done or not. hmm a pear sounds good.

Hey ladies! So I got my elliptical today! I got a good workout just moving it to the basement (and a nice hole in the wall too...ugh). I also put a "workout" playlist on my ipod so I'm ready to rock and roll!!! I'm going to start tomorrow night! I'm telling you all here so you can get on my case if I don't! ;-)

Hope you all had a good weekend! One more week and I'll be getting my fill!!!

We're supposed to get a big snowstorm on Tues/Wed... but I'll believe it when I see it (our weathermen are famous for blowing a few flakes out of proportion!)

Well girls the scale started to move again- this fill is much better that number 1. I think I am at a good spot we will see what 2 weeks brings!

Nat- bummer he was a no show! Glad you enjoyed yourself

Steph - he called me ahead of time. And sent me text messages, too. We've been on and off the phone most of the afternoon/evening.

I did eat a little queso. The rest I froze. I started my cycle today. I'm totally craving chocolate. I am also ready for my fill tomorrow. Think my cycle will affect my fill? I don't feel tighter or anything now.

Kirsten - congrats on the elliptical! Hole in the wall? BUMMER! What kind did you get? I know you'll love it! What is on your workout mix?

Steph - your floors are gorgeous! GORGEOUS! I'm totally jealous.

jill - glad to hear your scales are moving again. I hope my fill tomorrow goes smoothly, and I hope it works.

He's supposed to call me back tonight. We'll see if he does. I'm ready for bed.

Just got off the elliptical 500 more calories gone! Lifted weights. Did my crunches. I laid around my house all day today. I was so unmotivated to move. I hate when I get in these moods. :cry

First of all thanks everyone for the encouragment with the pics. You dont know how much I had to talk myself into putting them on here. I would really love to see all of your progress too. Be brave ladies, be brave :-)

Nat - It sounds like you two are really getting along well. You seem to be talking more and more. It is good to have someone like that around. Friends or something more... it is so good to have someone to talk to.

Steph - amazing house :-) the floors looks so nice. The house my ex-husband and I were in the process of buying had all hardwood floors. I was really looking forward to refinishing them. They were beautiful. Im jealous. You and your hubby did a great job. He is a keeper.

Kristen - congrats on the elliptical you exercising Mama!! Just remember... starting off can be a little rough. I thought I was gonna die on that thing for the first few weeks. Then, all of the sudden it will just click. You will love it! (the hole in the wall sucks... isnt that how it happens? trying to do something good... and nothing goes smoothly...)

Jill - isnt it funny how that stupid scale works... you think it should be doing down and it just sits there... then, all the sudden for no reason down it goes. I think they like to mess with our heads. of course I am addicted to my scale and weigh myself like 4 times a day... ha I am developing a love/hate relationship with my scale.

Anyone ever have mastitis? Its when the milk ducts get infected? Hurts like a b-ot-ch. My boob started hurting last night, I sat with heat on it all evening, went to bed around midnight was up again at 2:30 fell asleep again at 5 and up at 7:30 - needless to say this isn't a happy day. I already called the dr I go in at 9:30.

Ok who watched the grammy's? the Police opened and I'm thinking I'd still do Sting in a heartbeat! He looked so sexy! He must be in his 50's or older. Lionel R. looked pretty hot too - but Smokey looked like an old man who'd had way too much plastic surgery. I don't like the Dixie Chicks so I was a little disappointed they made a sweep - I love Corin Baily Rae - I have her as my ringtone. :)

Ok I'm off to get ready for the dr. Have a good day ladies.

Anyone ever have mastitis? Its when the milk ducts get infected? Hurts like a b-ot-ch. My boob started hurting last night, I sat with heat on it all evening, went to bed around midnight was up again at 2:30 fell asleep again at 5 and up at 7:30 - needless to say this isn't a happy day. I already called the dr I go in at 9:30.

Ok I'm off to get ready for the dr. Have a good day ladies.

I had a mastitis when I was breastfeeding. I will give you a good remedy that worked for me, but it is a little weird. My grandma told me about it, and because of the EXTREME pain I tried it, and it did work for me.

Wrap the breast in purple cabbage. Yes, I did tell you to put a vegatable on your chest. I just put it inside my bra. Make sure it is nice and cold. It not only acts like a cold compress, but there is something in the cabbage that draws the infection out. Sounds weird, but it was a life saver for me! It is all natural so you can use it with whatever the Dr. gave you to clear it up as well! :)

Nat, I got the Merit 701E, here's a link to the pic: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Merit-710E-Elliptical-Trainer/dp/B000GVPQ2K]Amazon.com: Merit 710E Elliptical Trainer: Sports & Outdoors[/ame] but I got it from a local store for 1/2 the price on Amazon! Woo hoo!!

I have a wide range of songs on my workout mix...things from Big n Rich "Save a horse, Ride a cowboy" to Justin Timberlake "Sexyback" and Will Smith "Switch".....pretty much anything w/a good beat that I know will motivate me to move!!

Of course this AM I woke up feeling like crap....I've managed to get through the entire winter w/out a cold and now that I'm ready to start working out, I think I'm coming down w/something! UGH....

STEPH...your floors look georgous!! I am thinking about putting pergo or something like that down in my basement, cause right now the carpet that is down there is a MESS! Between the dog tracking in dirt and my kids spilling soda....its got to go! Sorry to hear about the boob pain! Hope it goes away soon!

So you guys remember the other day I was asking if any of you had port pain?? Well, mine was pretty severe so I did a search on this site and found a post by someone who said that sometimes right before your period, that area can get sore....well, sure enough I started my period yesterday and voila! The port pain is gone!!! Soooo strange!!! But I'm glad it's gone b/c I was really starting to worry that my port was flipping or something!

Jill....glad to hear the scale is moving! Wish I could say the same!! But I'm getting fill #2 a week from today!! I can't wait!

Hey Ladies! I go in today for my fill and Im STARVING! I BELIEVE she said i can't eat for 4 hours before the fill.. UGH! Is there a certain amount I should ask for or do they TELL me what I'm getting? Give me some feed back ladies! I'll be an officially filled bandster by 1 today!

~Sassy

Well, congrats Sassy on your fill today and good luck J I only eat Breakfast the day of a fill. So, no eating for 4 hours before sounds just about right. It give that pouch time to empty out.

As far as fill amounts… we are all over the board here. First it will depend on the size of your band. Most have a 4CC, but some have 10CC (VGband). Still the first fill is usually a small one. BUT Ive seen some doctors who are much more aggressive and start with a bigger fill amount.

I got 1.5CC on my first and only .1CC on my second. For a total of 1.6CC.

I think Maurdan who posts on here from time to time had 2.5CC on her first.

So, it truly varies greatly from person to person. Your doctors will probably assign the amount on their own. I don’t think any of us had input on how much we wanted.

They just make sure you can drink Water and that it all goes all the way down before you leave the doctors office. Then most doctors tell you a day of liquids, then day of mushies, then regular food.< /span>

Bev-you look awsome keep up the great work !!! YOU GO GIRL !!!!

NAt- you will be a size 10 when you least expacted . Oh and my pants are tall lol

Ok so I went for my fill on Sat I was 4cc now I am 6.5 cc. so I am restricted it feels weird again but acctious for the scale to move.

I was put into liquids again for 7 days then munchies then back to solids

my doctor is so kool . Hope all of you had a great weekend.

take care have a great week!!

clau:clap2:

Hey Mommaz -

I just got back from my fill. He added 1cc, so I have 8cc total. I hope this one takes. He had to poke me 3x. I tried to be good, but I was sooooooo nervous about it. I just laid there with my eyes closed, pinching my side with my fingernails to distract my nerve endings. LOL I also bit my cheek meat.

I'm down to 254 according to the doctor's scales. I am INCREDIBLY jazzed. I've lost 8 pounds in the past 3 weeks. I am now on a mission to hit 240 by 3/14.

I'm on liquids for 2 days, soft foods for 2 days and then I'm back in the ballgame.

Sassy - my doc uses the 10cc VG band, and he says he puts in 4cc the first time, 2cc the next time and 1cc each time after that. However, I had 5cc put in mine during surgery, so he did 2cc on my first fill and 1cc today.

Steph: I also had mastitis when breast feeding. that's the dumps. I have also used cabbage leaves to alleviate the pain. Sorry you're having that problem. I didn't see the Grammys. I hear that the Police are doing a reunion tour this summer though. I'm THERE.

B'man - I need a workout buddy. Will you take me on? I'll PM you. I just need someone to rely on when I don't feel like doing it to kick my in the ass. It was much easier to exercise when I was home all day. Working for 9+ hours, chasing a toddler and THEN trying to work out sucks.

VaB - looks like a great elliptical! And what a bargain! Sorry you're feeling sick. I hate colds. Do what you can do, girl. But heal your body, or you'll be sick for a longer period of time.

I guess that's all. I'm fooling around at work. More later!

N.

Hello Ladies -

I'm just back from being sick for the past week so catching up on all the posts.

B-man - You are one hot momma! You can definetly tell in your face that you lost a ton on weight.

Nat - I'm sure the Lord appreciated you getting all dolled up for him, hope it goes well with the new man. Sounds like you are handling it well.

I get my next fill on Thursday and I need it. I can eat about 2 cups of food and not feel too full. He only put 1 cc in last time so I am asking for a lot more this time!

NAT...Congrats on the loss girl! That must feel great!!!

CLAU....you have to be on liquids for 7 days after a fill?? Wow!! My Dr. is not nearly that strict!

Thinide...I'm looking forward to my fill too!! This time next week! woo hoo! :confused: