Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

B-MAN CAN I COPY AND PASTE YOUR POST IN A EMAIL TO MY SIS IN LAW i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT

THANKS FOR THE KNOWLEDGE THIS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THAN U WILL EVER KNOW

OKAY ALL I GOT SOMETHING STUCK LAST NIGHT I WAS EATING A TURKEY cheese SANDWICH AND CHEWED IT TO PASTE I THOUGHT I WAS WRONG IT WAS STUCK FOR ABOUT A HALF HOUR WORST PAIN EVER I FINALLY GOT IT UNSTUCK BY HOLDING MY ARMS ABOVE MY HEAD FOR ABOUT 20 MINS

I DID NOT EVEN REALIZE THAT I HAD ANY RESTRICTION LEFT I MUST DO

DID ANYONE WATCH THE BAND BEING PLACED VIDEO I HAD SEEN A COUPLE BEFORE BUT FOUND THIS ONE INTERSTING JUST WONDERING IF YALL SEEN IT

B-MAN CAN I COPY AND PASTE YOUR POST IN A EMAIL TO MY SIS IN LAW i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT

THANKS FOR THE KNOWLEDGE THIS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THAN U WILL EVER KNOW

You sure can. Glad I could shed a bit of light on that guy. What he is doing is pretty low.

That like me saying, "ladies... I only ate one time yesterday!"

of course, I ate two entire pizzas..... BUT it was all at one time. So, I am being honest...

that guy is such a jerk.

By the way: that is completely hypothetical :-) thank god! I did not eat two pizzas... ha

BK - I don't watch surgery - yuk - just like to clarify my mom and sister are the nurses in the family, I'll stick to paperwork. That Dr Rutledge video... I have to agree with Bman I think its all about the non adjustable band, I looked up his website it was not very professional. The non adjustable band is not much different then stomach stapling. I think the fact that if its too tight we can get some taken out is the key to it working.

I'm loving the restriction I've got from this first fill. I really feel like its working for me.

I'm not skiing today - its cold and my hip aches again. I've sat with the heating pad all last evening and again this morning. My hubster said I need to slow down a little with the exercising he's worried about my knee. The backs of my knees don't hurt anymore but the top of it ached a little yesterday. So I said ok I'll just walk the treadmill for a few days and then see how I feel. :D

When my sister called last night hubbster answered and said hold on I'll let you talk to the little woman. :biggrin1: My sister said wow you must really be losing weight if he's calling you the "little woman" LOL My family all live in Minn. and I'm in PA so they are excited to see how I'm doing. They were here last summer for the wedding and I felt and was horribly fat then, probably my very fattest. Sis and ma are thinking they'll come out in Feb for a few days and I'm a little nervous about it. I keep telling them 20 lbs doesn't make a big difference when you have 100 to lose so I hope they aren't disappointed when they see me. I also keep telling them this isn't gastric bypass I'm not going to lose as fast as my sil did.

Guess I'll go walk the plank er.. treadmill. Ellen will be coming on soon and she makes it alittle more interesting. I was watching a Hallmark movie that I taped from the other night - Valley of something - it was good and I watched it 2 days while walking then yesterday I wanted to see the ending so I watched it all. Bummer . I need something new to watch. Maybe I should pick up a series while I'm in town. Anyone have a fav they watch thats out on dvd?

Have a good day ladies!

Hey regarding that Dr Rutledge video - I emailed the PA at the dr's office and forwarded him that link and he replied:

Thanks Stephanie. I did some research on this provider and his

information/resources that he sites are weak and outdated. They also

have changed not only the make of these devices, but the operative

techniques. He also combines the facts of several different makers of

the adjustable bands into one general statement, which is not accurate

and is misleading. If you have any questions, please give me a call or

shoot me an email.

I hope that eases your mind BK. It did me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdVStOH47h0][/ame]

Thanks Steph for posting that email.

I thought the same thing already but it is nice to have a medical professional confirm it.

I couldn't go to the gym today because I have my little one home sick from school but I did the Biggest Loser Workout..the older one. I did the boot camp for the first time and thought I was going to die! My GoD I am sore now. Especially my shoulders. I am fighting the scale to get below 230...it will not budge but keeps varying between 230.5 and 234..ugh. It is aggravating me but I also know I didn't exercise last week because of all that was going on..aside from the resistance bands and occasional squats I did.

I am crossing my fingers that this is my week to prance into the 220's for the first time in at least 9 years. Wish me luck.

I am off to clinical today...have a great day everyone, I will be back tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

I'm finally checking in with everyone--school and work is just TOO much! I've also been fighting to get my son a decent education which is a rather sticky situation since I work at the central office of the same school district he's in! He started at a new high school on Monday and things seem to be going better so far!

I had my first fill today in the doctor's office which was so easy it was ridiculous! The doctor put 2 more cc's into my band to make 4 cc's total. I'm back on liquids for today and soft foods for tomorrow. Last week I finally got hungry, but I did pretty well not eating the entire house! :hungry:

I got to update my weight-loss ticker again today which was very exciting! I think I'm doing okay losing so far--I'm not sure what "normal" is! As long as I'm not gaining, I guess I'm a happy camper! :clap2:

I wasn't able to read everyone's posts since the last time I logged in, but did catch Nathalie's hysterical one about the lunch date with the minister. I'm not sure what to think...maybe trying to corrupt the minister would be kind of fun??? I'm feeling VERY naughty today--hope I don't get struck dead by a bolt of lightning! :omg: Seriously, I hope you find a man who is more to your liking very soon!

I hope all of you keep up the good work!!! I'm so proud of all of your accomplishments! I'll try to drop in again as soon as I can! :)

thanks steph and everyone yall are awesome my sis in law is a ass and she is jealous of me

I am happy to hear a medical provider confirm it

also ladies I go for a fill on feb 6th but right now I feel like I can eat way more than I did a few wks after surgery

Does the fill make you feel full quicker I am getting nervous because I can eat about what I did prior to surgery

Bk - sounds like you are ready for that fill. Thats how I was right before the fill. I eat about 3/4 of a cup maybe a little more and then it'll last me about 3-4 hours. I like to eat later so I can go to bed without eating but I was staying up to watch AI and ended up having a Special K bar and a popcicle. Same thing happened at lunch I ended up snacking about 3-4 hours after. I'm still keeping below 900 calories. I had been only eating at meals until yesterday. I'm hoping the fill lasts me a while but if not I will go back in for more. BTW your sil is probably trying to make herself feel better about chosing bypass instead of the band.

OK Confession time - I come from a family of ministers. 2 brothers and 2 brother in laws are pastors. Well the one is a rabbi - but we won't go there. Anyway I just want you to know that most pastors, youth pastors, good christian men LOVE sex. I think maybe that its almost like their vice. Because when its with your wife/husband its ok. I can bet this guy was looking at your heart Nat and he saw something good.

Can you believe its the first of February already! I have to go into work - yuko! Have a good day ladies ttyl

StephC - I love you. I truly truly do. And I agree 100% with everything you said. He asked me to come to church with him sometime. I was raised in the church. I have been thinking about looking for church home, and raising my DS in a church as well. I think I wasn't expecting him to make that confession. However, it hasn't stopped me from thinking about him and getting a bit fluttery when I see him. And how beautiful that your family is so kind hearted and giving. We can talk more in PM.

I was up until 3:30. DS is up anad ready to get going, but I am hoping he'll go back to sleep now. I called out of work. Personal day. YAY ME!

NSV: I ate 1/2 c. food last night and was full! I was multi-tasking and so I took a long time between bites. by 2am I was hungry again, so I had 2 lil chicken nuggets left over from DS's dinner. I think I'm going to start eating much slower.

KayDoll - tell us about the excitement in Boston yesterday! I can't believe all that drama was caused by a publicity stunt! HA! People are idiots.

bk - screw your sister in law. You do You, and to hell with her trying to bring you down. She is a toxic person. An emotional terrorist. And you don't need to internalize her BS. Limit your interactions and conversation wtih her if she continues to make you question your choices, your success and yourself. You need to be surrounded by people who will support you and encourage you. Just my two cents. I don't deal with BS.

Transformer - glad you got your fill! You sound *so* busy. Keep up the good work!

It's snowing outside. *sigh* I am so not amused. Just reinforces my decision to stay home today. HOME. It is really coming down, too. UGH.

N.

Nat - Please tell me it will stop snowing soon in MI, I have to be there in a few days for work and do not feel like dealing with the snow!!

I went to a local support group the other night and I have to tell you, this forum is so much better than sitting in a group of people listening to someone that had gastric bypass, I can't really relate to someone that lost 60 lbs in 2 months. Although I am jealous as hell! I felt like I was at a AA meeting (never been to one), but we had to say what type of surgery we had and when, some people talked about how much weight they had lost. Not really feeling that type of support, I am much more comfortable being able to say online what I want and not sit in a room of 40 people. This support system has been the best for me, thanks to everyone. Even though I don't post very often I read them almost every day at work and it keep me going when I want to get a candy bar out of the vending machine that is 10 feet from my office!!!

Thanks nat and steph for the comments they have helped

and steph I am prob eating more like a cup and a half I need to count calories though because most food choices I have made have been healthy

oh guys it snowed here last night first snow this winter

I am in middle tn and we never get snow

yeah I can not wait till my fill

nat good for you taking the day off

I am as well because my children school is closed and my college is not so oh well what u going do

I sent my sis in law the forward about what yall had posted about the fraud lapband video she has yet to respond but on the phone last night when she was chatting with my dh she asked how i was and was I truely happy with the band

he was like butt out of her business she was like I am trying to be supportive whatever!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember girls, someday we will all stand before The Maker and have to account for all things we say. I am a Christian, I dont smoke, drink, cuss or miss out on anything because of my beliefs. I dont want to turn this into a debate about beliefs but our family's christian values have made my life and my childrens life wonderful.

Patty - what part of MI are you coming to? We are expecting some arctic winds this week. It's supposed to be colder than it's been in a few years. Cold front moves in on Saturday and is supposed to stay here for quite a few days, from what they're saying. I'm in SW Mi.

bk - good for your hubby for shutting his siter down. I love him for doing that.

jill - I totally respect your beliefs, and didn't mean to spark any debate on values or morality. I consider myself a Christian. I believe in being good to people, I do unto others and all that. (smile) I hope I didn't say anything to offend you or make you feel like I was challenging anyone's beliefs. (Now I feel terrible.) I just don't know if I'm Christian enough to date a minister, if that makes rational sense.

Okay, I am going to get my hair done today. I can't wait to see what it's going to look like! Wish me luck!

N.

Hey ladies!! We're bracing for the winter storm here in VA...and my kids are praying for a snow day tomorrow! ;-) Luckily my boss has already told me to plan on working from home, so I'm a happy camper!! At least with that......

On the weight issues.....all I can say is UGH!!! My scale wont BUDGE!!! I am fighting w/the same 4 pounds (depends on the day) and know that I'm eating more than I should be. I don't get another fill for 18 more days....I'm hanging on by a thread.....

Nat- no problem not offended. Are you from upper or lower MI?? I am in indiana but only about 15 min from MI. Good luck with your hair I want mine done so bad but I can never find the time. My "spare" time is at the gym usually an hour a day so I feel bad asking dh for more time for my hair. I know he would give it to me but he hardly ever gets any down time. He works long hours and spends every other free moment with the kids and I. He gets his down time Oct- Dec that is when I become a "hunting widow" Post us a picture so I can live vicariously (sp) thru your new cute do.

Kirsten- I feel your pain about the scale I am right there with you. I am doing everything I can. I need a second fill I think.

I do think I feel a little more restricted today for some reason. I havent eaten enough to tell today. Does anyone know why we dont feel restriction and then a few days later or sometimes even a week later we suddenly get restriction??? It is so weird to me