Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Guys my sis in law sent me this and It made me feel real down

I hope what this man says is a lie

let me remind yall my sis in law is a gastric bypass patient I wanted yalls opinion on this

Don't let this make you feel down! Bk-this Dr Rutledge is I am not mistaken, is the big proponent for the mini gastric bypass. I think he is spreading negative info to deter people from the band and get them on board for his procedure which as far as I understand is no longer done by many surgeons in this country. Anyone out there who knows differently, please clarify. I think this is another situation where you have to recognize the source of the info. Fact is, we really don't know what the future holds for us. I hope it is not one wrought with complications and regaining the weight, but not for nothing, I was willing to take the chance and hope for the best.

What were the alternatives?

On another note, did you see that Randy on Americal Idol appears to have gained a lot of his weight back...that made me sad for him.

OMGoodness Kay - I forgot to tell you this. I was watching E a couple weeks ago and they were doing the top 20 fashion don'ts. They played the mom jeans commercial! LMAO! It was like #2 on the list. Ya know what else I can't stand is when my underwear roll. I just bought new panties and thinking ok I'll try the ones that aren't bikini but aren't briefs either. I hate 'em! I have 'em on 5 minutes and they roll down below my fat roll - drives me crazy!

I will forever think of you now if I see that commercial. LMAO! I hear you on the underwear. Luckily, my tummy is getting "small" enough that it doesn't happen anymore. I buy low rise anyway so it wouldn't have rolled down but would have tucked under which took some getting used to. Now it just sits and there isn't that much roll. How nice...There is still some, but not as much as there once was.

See, I have way more in my butt and thighs than you do. :D

The results of the band vs the bypass after 3 years is the banders are still slowly losing or at goal and the bypassers have started to regain. I've seen it in people I know who have had it done.

Nat - I can't wait to hear how lunch went. You go girlfriend!

Kay - I can't get past the way they lay under my roll - can't do it. I've reverted to my granny panny's - I'd rather go comando then have my underwear rolled down into a ball under my roll of fat. BUT someday I'm going to wear bikini panties just like I used to - it may take a Tummy Tuck to get me into them but I'll get there!

btw - I went skiing again today - I just did a mile, and I only fell once. Came home and did 25 minutes on the treadmill and I think I'm going to walk tonight at the school with my niece. Nat - it really does make you feel good about the day when you start with exercise.

Calories in vs Calories out

Hey Mommas.

lunch was fun, on one hand, and it was disappointing on another. He's 6'3". *swoon* Handsome, well spoken, funny, charming, and interested. He looked me in the eye when he talked to me and I got all fluttery inside. (Isn't that disgusting?) It's nice to have a handsome man pay me some attention. Gosh it has been a while.

We talked about work, kids, dreams, 5 year plans, and family stuff. He asked me a kazillion questions about things in general (If I had a superpower, what would it be?, Who was the biggest influence in my life?, what's my greatest fear?) and answered most of them. I let a man be a man, if you know what I mean. He even paid.

One thing that I found out, which is a deal breaker. :D He's a youth minister in his church, and he travels to different churches to preach. I just find that very... distasteful. Probably because I'm such a foul mouthed heathen. All I wanted was a little fun, a few rolls in the hay. He is looking for a long term relationship. Umph... no can do, padre.

I may secretly lust for him in meetings (I'm only a woman, after all), but there's very little hope of it turning into anything else. I wonder if he'll see it that way?

bk - I'll look at those links when I get home. Sounds like a hoax though.

StephC - you are turning into a powerhouse! You go girl! I'm trying to hoist my jelly up on that elliptical when I get home tonight, too. Before American Idol!

Maurdan - I have a Precor EFX5.23 Elliptical machine. I got it from a local retailer, American Home Fitness. It is the home version of the ones you see in a gym. I bought mine as a floor model, and got 60% off, which is the ONLY reason I got something so expensive. They come out yearly to give it maintenance, which is nice. I loved the elliptical at the gym, and knew if I didn't have something I'd like as much I wouldn't use it. It was an investment in myself, so I'm happy to say it hasn't turned into a coat rack. :D

Steph u have made me feel better already thank u

and you are a powerhouse go gurl

oh and nat I can not wait for your opinion on the whole thing

congrats on the lunch date

I love tall me my dh 6'4

Hey Mommas.

lunch was fun, on one hand, and it was disappointing on another. He's 6'3". *swoon* Handsome, well spoken, funny, charming, and interested. He looked me in the eye when he talked to me and I got all fluttery inside. (Isn't that disgusting?) It's nice to have a handsome man pay me some attention. Gosh it has been a while.

One thing that I found out, which is a deal breaker. :D He's a youth minister in his church, and he travels to different churches to preach. I just find that very... distasteful. Probably because I'm such a foul mouthed heathen. All I wanted was a little fun, a few rolls in the hay. He is looking for a long term relationship. Umph... no can do, padre.

:D

Ok Nat I now know you are certifialble - NUTS - WACKO - INSANE and just plain stupid. (go ahead and call me a bitch I don't care) This guy is an answer to most womens prayers! I think I'm in love with him! Why would you find that he's a youth pastor distasteful? I find it honorable - and Lord knows he'd be a good influence on #1 son. A roll in the hay will only bring you a few moments of pleasure - a man looking for love can bring years of pleasure. And he apparently has good taste if he finds you attractive - right? Rethink this one darling cause he sounds like a catch to me! Unless of course you aren't looking to find the man of your dreams! Seriously any man will do for a roll in the hay - am I right ladies? - but when you are ready for love it takes someone special.

Claudia - Haven't been on for a few days, happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great one.

Nat - Sex with a minister? Sounds dangerous! Everyone needs a little strange when they are single, maybe he will make you see God. - I know I am going to get so much shit for saying that, but I couldn't resist.

BK- That video sucks, I'm sorry your sister sent it to you, doesn't seem too positive...

thank you i had so much fun !

Can you pls advice anyone how much food do you eat ? 1 cup 2 cups

I notice my restricion is not as good :D but want to just get some feedback so I can start planning my 1st fill yay.

Bev.. positive brings positive ok so lets agree that this year will be our year :D

Anyone to plan a little vac as an insentive to keep going ?

StephC - I know. I KNOW. He's a good man. I know this. Really, I do. But he's boring. I like to cuss. I like to drink. I like dirty talk during sex. And it's not to say that he doesn't, but from what I've encountered, he's very reserved. Stoic. Dry. Or maybe I'm looking for a reason not to like him because I know I shouldn't.

Patty - HA! I have had lovers who made me see the fact of God and hear angels singing in the heights of sexual pleasure. How do you think I got ds?

Seriously though, Steph, I don't see myself in the front row of church every Sunday. I don't see myself changing so fundamentally to become ... worthy (for lack of a better phrase) of being with a "man of God." It's just not appealing to me.

AND I'm pissed cuz nobody will be drinking at my party. Nobody but me. And Cynthia. LOL He asked if he could bring punch. wtf? PUNCH?

We'll see. I know. I'm a'stoopit.

I totally get where she's coming from. I think I would have run away. :D

No offense against him or anyone else involved in their church. I just wouldn't be the right fit for someone who is.

Maybe the punch is the kind we have at St patty's party, green sherbert, 7up and vodka - ya never know.

Ok just because I could love him doesn't mean everyone can.

JHud is on Oprah today.

Did you hear the dr on oprah the one day say that we are attracted to the other sex by our scent? Maybe you just didn't catch his scent.

NAT...I totally get what you're saying about the guy! I know if it were me I'd feel like I had to be all "Holier than Thou" w/him and I want to be able to let loose and not have to worry if I say Shit or Damn! ;-) Sorry to hear he's such an angel!

STEPH...Holy CRAP Woman! You are xcountry skiing, working out and walking.....you must be Muscle Woman by now!

Claudia...Happy Belated B.day!! I've been very busy this week w/my new job so haven't been able to post in a few days.

Ok, going to catch up on Heros before AI comes on w/my kids! TTY all later!! :)

BK (and all you other gals) About the Dr. Rutledge video...

• First of all he had typos on the captions that popped up....All that I have to say is...how professional can you get?
  • Second of all... the only band that has been in Europe for 10 years is the Swedish Band... the NON-adjustable...

So, he is right... the NONadjustable are now completely going out of style. They are no longer used... But he is making it sound like he is talking about all lapbands.

He is manipulating the facts in order to support his own practice.

HALF the truth!!! the sneaky, little, slimy bastard.

The Inamed ADJUSTABLE Lap-Band is more popular and effective than ever.

What an ass. He is totally using this to scare people.

Don't worry ladies. I hope this clears that up. :-)