Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

JUST CHECKING IN HOW ARE ALL OF YOU DOING :) HOPE LOOSING LOOSING BUT NOT YOUR FAITH LOL

I OK JUST BACK TO THE MUCHIES TAGE FOR 1 MONTH PER DOCTOR REQUEST . i AM DOING OK JUST THAT i STALLED FOR A LITTLE AND HE CALLED OUT OF THE BLUE AND ADVICE ME TO DO THAT .

I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A FILL YET I AM KING OF SCARED BUT i GUESS i HAVE TO DO IT LOL SOME DAY :)

BEV-GOOD FOR U ON THE 7 POUND LOSS .. SO HAPPY FOR YOU YOU GO GIRL .

NAT-CAN i GO TO YOUR SUPERBOWL PARTY LOL

TAKE CARE GIRLS

CLAU

thank you guys for the encouragement!

you are all the support I have, and let me tell you... you're all the best :-)

Can you believe that we've all been talking for two months?

I love you girls!

--------

My docs advice is only this... if you can eat more than a cup of food at one time, get a fill! That means the food is moving down to the large part of the stomache to easily.

He said that a 1/4 cup is VERY small amount to be eating. Don't necessarily strive to reach that... becuase you will not be getting enough food if you are active at all. He said a 1/2 of a cup per meal is much more reasonable, and anything between 1/2 to 3/4 cup is good too.

He also said that if the food backs up into the esophagus... we WILL know. If you have that happen, you will want to throw it up... you will feel really nauseated. So, (sigh of relief)... i think we are all good to go. Steph had me worried yesterday!

I didn't exercise yesterday... but I got a TON of sleep! I feel so much better today. It will be time to get back to the grind stone tonight!

I just wanted to compliment all of you on your exercise! :clap2:

I have noticed that this group is very, very good about keeping motivated and staying active.

I've seen others that do 2 or 3 minutes on an elliptical and then walk. (thats a daily routine), or I've seen others that exercise on hte elliptical 30 min... but only a few nights a week... Now, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that!!

BUT you all seem to be "haulin' ass" ABOVE and BEYOND the typical :)

This group is very, very dedicated to the cause! Keep it up ladies :-)

I am proud of all of us. I was just reading through other threads on this site, and had to share my thoughts with you ladies.

You all keep me sooooo motivated.

me too :)

You all are my motivation - if I wouldn't have had your encouragement during the pre-fill stage I would have probably given up. And the same with the exercising - when Nat and B-man were going like maniacs on those ellipticals I was sitting around doing nothing. Remember I didn't have the ok because of my knee but when I finally got the ok I was raring to go because I saw the results they were getting.

I'm proud to say that I'm exercising at least once a day and most days I'm doing an extra 15 to 30 minutes in the afternoon.

B-man I'm so sorry if I freaked you out about the overeating. But thats how my dr explained it to me too. If you don't have enough of a fill some of the food that you are eating will go down through the band thus making you able to eat more then the recommended 1/2 -3/4 cup - but if you do overeat it will back up into your esphogus and yes you will vomit - or maybe even pb? When people talk about pbing thats what I'm thinking that they took that bite too much. But then I again I could be wrong.

I went shopping today - I bought a sweater but that was all. I'm anxious to lose at least 10 more pounds so I can go down a size. I'm still in a large 14 or a reg 16. I have closets full of clothes that are just waiting for me to get rid of some of this stuffing. But what I was REALLY shopping for is new flooring. Do any of you have the laminated floors? I really like the look of hardwood better but I like the maintainance of the laminated. And I like the look of the laminated. I'm just not sure how it'll look in my house. I'm doing almost my whole first floor, kit, bath, Lr, and dining room. I'm really excited. I've been wanting to tear the bar out thats between my kitchen and LR for years and its finally going to happen.

ok - long post. sorry

KayDoll - tell us about the excitement in Boston yesterday! I can't believe all that drama was caused by a publicity stunt! HA! People are idiots.

N.

Checking in and reading posts as I have been sooo busy with school and life. I just want to take a break from papers and studying and thought I would say hello..first, I have to reply to this...

I was so aggravated by the guys that were arrested for that stunt. They were 28 year old MEN and the people outside the court supporting them ekpt calling them "kids". UGH Since when did childhood continue into your late 20's? That annoyed me. Plus they thought the whole thing was so darn funny. I don't know if the police overreacted, but what if these had been bombs? Then what? What if an ambulance with a dying patient could not get to the hospital because the highways were shut down because of these "kids"? Thankfully nothing happened, but huge inconvenience for those of us who had to get into the city and deal with mounds of traffic. The fact is, it was $750K in man hours for city staff to deal with this stunt. It really pissed me off..can you tell? Stupid stupid stupid....If these guys were remotely sorry I wouldn't be as pissed but they thought the whole thing was so funny.

I digress...

now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Okay,

I am caught up. Great posts!

B-man-way to go on the fill! Great loss too! I am really happy your hard work is paying off.

I am actually starting think I am going to need one when I go to my next appt. (2/15) I have minimal restriction and I am battling with myself to not overeat. My intake has been fine, actually, it has been quite good, but the scale is stuck still at 230-232. It is pissing me off since I had been going at a steady clip until now. I am eating far fewer calories than I am burning at the gym so physiologically it just doesn't make sense to me. I know I just need to hang in there until my appt and it will all work out....UGH.

Nat-I cannot wait to see the new hair. Sounds gorgeous!!!

I have to go back to my studying. Have a great superbowl tomorrow. Nat, have fun at your party? Is the man coming??? Be good!

Later girls

Hi Girls -

There's a blizzard here. BLIZZARD. I'm not overexaggerating or being my dramatic self, either. Snow is falling at a rate of 1" per hour. We're expecting another 11 - 13" by tomorrow night. I'm kind of pissed. I have spent gads of $$ on party things, so if no one shows up, I'm stuck with all this food.

I went to the mall today and bought some new perfume. I'm totally excited about it, because it smells like me. I got Hanae Mori - perfume, cream and bath gel. I'm going to take a luxurious bath in the morning and lavish in my new scent. It's really happy and blends with my chemistry very well. Did I mention I'm going to be mad if they flake?

Still trying to clean, and starting to cook for tomorrow... And yes, "the guy" is coming. I'm going to tell him, "you know, if the roads are too bad, you can stay here tonight." ahahah

I'll know more tomorrow. Going to turn up the heat.

Nat

ETA - KayDoll, I bet you were frustrated by those ijits. I saw them on the news and thought they needed to have their butts kicked. When the one said, "I'm happy to take more questions about my hair, " I thought "Umph umph umph, what a lil asshole."

I'm calling tomorrow to get another fill. My current one isn't working. I hope they don't make me wait until 2/25 to get in. I'm going to push to get in this week, even though they said 4 weeks.

About to get up and start cooking. It's going to be a long day. AND IT IS STILL SNOWING! I'd guess we have 15" out there now. Plus the drifting, etc. makes it worse.

These guys had better show up... (grrr)

Oh, I had a dream that Indy won the Superbowl. I was literally distraught. And people were teasing me. I hope that Chicago whups butt.

Nat- good luck with your party and your new friend today

kay- I can understand why you are upset with them I agree someone should jerk a knot in their tale..

oh and nat I am jealous I want snow like that

NAT..my kids would probably kill to get the snow you're getting now!! LOL We were supposed to get some on Thurs. night but it never came...we got rain instead!! My boys were so dissapointed that school didn't get cancelled.

Kay....I'm originally from MA and my parents still live up there and i can't understand why the "cartoon network" would put those things up in public to begin with...threat or no threat b/c my understanding was that they were electronic pictures of a person giving the finger?? how does that qualify as appropriate for advertising to the general public, I'll never know!!

Anyways....you guys are rocking me into exercise! I'm going out tonight to buy my elliptical!!

I was invited to a superbowl party, but am not sure if I really want to go....I'm rooting for the Bears to win since the Colts beat my Patriots in the playoffs....but i also don't want to be around a ton of food b/c I'm afraid i'm gonna eat it all!! I can't wait to get my next fill....

Anyways, hope you're all doing well....Talk to you soon!

hey ladies - didnt' expect to find any of you on since its super bowl day. I'm actually taking a short break from my mixings. I made a pan of bars, and then I'm making a cheesecake dessert and baked Beans then I won't have anything left to make until everyone gets here - we're doing crablegs hmmm.

So yesterday we were at a peewee wrestling tourny and I worked a table - everything went well, I ate Breakfast at home, then a slice of pizza for lunch. It went down well. I didn't eat anything and by 6 I was starved so hubby and I went to my sons and then we were going to Lowes to take his snow blower back and get something to eat. Well the guys were loading the snowblower in the truck and it slipped and hubby slashed his finger open - deep. So we spent the rest of the evening in the er - he had to get 14 stitches, half of which were on the inside. So I went about 10 hours with no food. We finally go to eat and I ordered eggs benedict - omg it was so good! I ate the whole thing. Fitday says it was only around 300 calories but I think it must have been more then a cup of food. An english muffin, 2 poached eggs, ham and hollandiase sauce. I ate some hashbrowns too. Believe me I was STUFFED - I just didn't like the fact that I could eat it all. Doesn't that seem like alot of food? I thought that maybe it was because while I was waiting on the food I drank a cup of Decaf - maybe that washed the first half on down.

I dont' want another fill unless I need it. I really over anaylize the whole eating thing.

I went out skiing yesterday morning at like 7:30 am! It was so beautiful to be out when the sun was just rising. I know I know you all think I'm a tard and I would think that too.

I hope you all have, had, a nice super bowl day. I guess I'm going back to the kitchen to finish what I have left to do. BTW - hubster is ok - they gave vicoden so he's napping - hehehe - antibiotics, motrin so he's pretty drugged up. The big baby. Gotta love him tho.

Natster can't wait to hear how the day went with the man.

Steph....sorry to hear about your hubbys accident, but glad that he's ok!!

I have noticed that it is hard when you get to "starving" w/the band b/c your head is telling you eat, eat, eat, and I don't know about you, but I tend to want to shove it all in, rather than eating the bandster way!! I'm sure you didn't do any damage w/your meal.....

NAT....I hope your friends show up for the party! Especially 'the man' :confused: Let us know how it goes!!

I'm off to a party w/another friend of mine who has been banded, so even though i can eat a lot more than I should, just his presence there will make me be more careful!

Happy superbowl day! :grouphug:

Hmm- what time is the superbowl?? I know we wont watch it b/c no one here likes sports, well I think my 4 y.o. does but thats it. Dh likes rock climbing, hunting, fishing , caving, but not really any team sports. I am from Northern Indiana and the Colts are our official team but the Bears always have been too since they are technically closer to us. So either way my team wins! =)

Good luck Nat- let us know if they show! LOL "the man" will be the only one that shows up I bet! LOL =)

Did I tell you all I am getting my second fill thursday! I have little to no restriction so I am hoping to get restriction thurs. I missed working out today b/c our furnace and pipes are freezing! I have been helping dh all day. I did an extra long work out yesterday and my legs are sore! I am hoping to go tomorrow!