Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florinda, I love your story but even more I love the fact that you sound do happy, you have had a rough past year ( I think it is that long) so you deserve all the love and happiness you are getting.

Globe. How wonderful. Sending cyber high five and a big smile

I want to reply to so many of you but don't have the time right this moment. I've been so busy lately. I'll get back on later today or tomorrow and reply to everyone. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about all of you.

I surprised the family with season passes to Six Flags so we are headed there for the day!

Enjoy your Saturday!

A beautiful day here in South Wales... sun is out as am I!  Gardening in between catching a few rays!  I love the sunny weather!  Especially now I don't drip with sweat at the thought of it!  Yipee!

my fast went ok friday - went over 500 but under 800 so I am claiming it!

on another note, sorted out my summer wardrobe; put woolies away and got out my linen trousers from last year - the size UK14 are way to big - they have to be recycled! As I was doing this I found a skirt I wore for my 21 birthday and for a laugh I tried it on... well bloody hell fire - it fits! Ok, it is tight around the waist and I probably wouldn't be able to wear it for long.. but I can do the button and the zip up to the top! How happy am I? NSV claimed right there!

This is from the fast diet website. Evidently the kindle version is available in UK. (Cathy and Coops).

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/FB-PLANNER.pdf

From one of people starting this bootcamp:

Well today is my first day and it’s a fast day! I already do 4:3 most weeks (Mon-Wed-Fri) so will be doing that for the whole 6 weeks. Normally if plans make 4:3 difficult then I just do 5:2 but for the 6 weeks I will sub with a weekend or do back to back in the week. I usually save all my calories for even meal and plan to continue this. (I think I might also do a sep personal diary thread).

Here is a short summary of what I have gleaned so far…….

Mimi describes the FBD as a “short term, souped up strategy for summer” It’s approach is three pronged, based on way to:

- tighten up on fast days

- toughen up on non fast days

- tune in on any day

One of the ways suggested to tighten up on fast days is to try 4:3 but it is not the only suggestion. There is also suggestion to do 2-2 (based on Brad Pilon’s book Eat Stop Eat) which essentially means after a normal lunch on day 1 eat sparingly (or nothing at all) until a late lunch the following day . Extending the fasting window so rather than have say Breakfast at 7am and supper at 7pm missing breakfast or fasting from supper to supper. And being fastidious about your calorie quota.

On non fast days it is about holding back on indulgences and “superfluous snacks” and treats, cutting alcohol (entirely or reducing), eating less refined foods and cooking at home. Suggestions include following a more Mediterranean diet or even Japanese with more emphasis on healthy cooking (grilling, steaming, raw). Aiming to have meals based more around vegetables and reducing meat intake, being careful about portion sizes etc. There are lots of other great tips – some of which I have already done over the years like eating more mindfully and not having dinner on autopilot.

Then there is emphasis on quality of exercise and the suggestion to introduce 3 High Intensity Training (HIT) to your weekly exercise schedule. They also state it should be 3 max and give lots of suggestions on how to do this. Plus 2 strength training sessions incorporating push ups, lunges etc. on non cardio/HIT days. I suppose if you have Fast Exercise by Michael Moseley you could get the info there.

Beautiful, Florinda, and much deserved.

Loved the story of Jack!

How do you make a private forum like this one?

I had a fabulous outdoorsy weekend.

My weight was 140 yesterday. I think I am good. Maintaining 135-140 but don't want to get any smaller. A friend who last saw me around Sept last year told me I am officially a skinny bitch now. That was a compliment... I still don't see the difference but everyone else does.

Florinda, what a great story! I'm so happy for you, thank you for sharing. Can we get a lovey-dovey picture here (in the private group) as well? :D

Denise, sorry Bill is sick I hope you don't get it either.

Georgia, THANK you for posting that. I plan to take a good look at it in a little bit.

Coops YEEEEEAH GIRL!!! Love that skirt from when you were 21..."chuffed to beans" for ya! ;)

Well, my fitbit logging is going well, I'm even logging when I eat ice cream, and half a donut (NOT on the same day, lol) but here is what my last few days have been (calorie-wise)

Thurs: 1,406

Fri: 1,912 (this was the ice cream day! oh my, that is HIGH cals for me personally)

Sat: 1,910 (I know 2 high cal days in a row, my only *saving* grace was Sat. I did so much lawn work, I was OUT working in the lawn...mowing, triming, edging, fertilizing, cutting branches, hauling them to a temporary neighborhood dumpster, etc. I was out from 10am-4pm with only Water to drink, so then I must have made up for it by dinner time, lol)

Sun: 1,069

Mon: 352 from my am breakfast and mid-am yogurt.

I'm having lunch out today with my mom, so no fasting today. Maybe I will try to fast on Wed. Anyway, at LEAST (for now) I'm logging my food which is a big f'ing 100% improvement over the last 4 months of NOT logging whatever I eat. UGH!

Maybe I'm back on track? Maybe...

Edited by M2G

How do I upload a pic here? There is no icon for it in the reply box...

How do I upload a pic here? There is no icon for it in the reply box...

Are you using a phone or tablet? Once you go to reply there is a is plus sign on top of screen you click and then either upload or choose fr Existing.

Edited by Georgia

fast day completed... I didn't chew anything til 7pm, which means I went 23 hrs without eating!  That is a real achievement for me and it wasn't that bad!  I did have a few cuppas though, and some herbal teas... the Hot Drinks really helps!

I am gonna go  4:3 this week; today weds and thurs... it is my mam's birthday tue and my son's birthday thurs so they will be fuelled with cake and junk food.... hoping the 4:3 will counter act this!  Possibly going out for a few bevvies sunday too.. such a mixed week food wise for  me!

We have another week in work and then we break up for a week and in that week I have promised myself that I will go back to Curves.  By mid June my work load should have decreased too!  That will allow me more time for me!

Sheryl, I've been meaning to ask about the arm lift... if it was a stand alone procedure, how long do you think recovery would be?  Time off work etc?

If and when I could afford it... I would love to get it done!  It would make such a difference to my overall silhouette!  Even with the extra weight I've still got.

Florinda! I love your love story! Hope it all works out for you both. It's working out right now so that's really all that matters. I want to see a picture.

Sue, good luck on the 4:3 this week, you can do it!

I don't know how I feel about the 4:3. I know that when I read about the 5:2 there was talk on some of the 5:2 websites that there wasn't much evidence that there was benefit to fasting more than 2 days a week. This makes me wonder why now is the guy trying to push a 4:3 diet now. Maybe it's more of a boot camp type of a push where you do it for a short time and then go back to 5:2? I don't know maybe I'm not understanding it. I haven't looked into it, I've only read what Georgia and Brown posted here.

For me, it seems that if I fast on my 2 days a week and eat regular, along with some treats, on the other 5 days that I maintain. If I'm very strict on my 5 regular days of eating and eat very clean with hardly any treats, that's when I can lose. I also exercise regularly so that may make a difference for me. I've been staying between my bounce of 140-145 while fasting 2 days a week.

I do believe that changing things up every once in a while, whether it be eating or exercise, that it really helps with keeping my body where I want it to be. I feel like this keeps my body from getting comfortable or used to the same thing over and over.

Things have been going well. It's been busy and I haven't had much time to get on the computer. I've been reading from my phone but I hate trying to type up a long post on that little thing. lol My husband is doing great. He hasn't had any issues at all with eating or drinking so far. We are praying this is going to continue to work in the future. He has been able to sleep all night long and that hasn't happened in months.