Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the link Florinda. I'm leaning that way too...

Wanda! A play on top of everything else you are doing? That is wonderful!

I seem to have my hours maxed out right now, and some things are definitely being left undone. I hope some things can be finished up, or abandoned so I can get to some other things I love (ART!) I have a lot on my mind, and just not sure how to express them in my art yet...

Go get'em girls! Just make sure to take care of yourself too... we are in it for the long haul. Love ya all!

Wanda, I just got to go and read the book of Ruth now.

Wow surgeon finally sent me my markup photos.unreal, even to me how much I have changed.  For my 6 month Mark from plastics I. Am going to do a before and after collage.

Denise I went through menopause several years ago whicb is why I ruled out hormonal issues but my doc says that can still happen.  And I do still have a sex drive but it's different than in m 30s.  Thanks to my EX I missed out on sex for most of my 40s.

Back to sleep....

Sheryl you went through meno at a very young age? Are you on any kind of hormones? I can't believe you aren't at least having dryness issues. I was a mess when I wasn't on hormones. My skin thinned out so much in my vaginal area , I was contantly getting UTIs. If I tried to have sex, I bled.

I don't get around the board much. I drop in the powder room and the vets room occationally. if someone could mention on a 5:2 thread that another group needs to get started, that would be great. I messaged Susan and I am about to message Alex.

We do show up on the list of with all the groups that exist here.

Edited by Oregondaisy

For Denise since she asked.. might be TMI for most of you....

I went through meno when I was obese. The fat apparently kept most symptoms at bay - i didn't get vaginal dryness until after I lost weight, in fact I had the opposite problem of too much moisture. I only had maybe 1-2 hotflashes EVER but of course i have sleep issues etc so who knows what is meno related and what isn't.

I wasn't having sex (my EX gave up on sex sometime around 2006-2008 timeframe) so didn't notice it until last year - first when horseback riding and my exposed parts got tender in a way they never had before and then later when I resumed having sex. At first it was okay, then got a bit sore afterwards (no bleeding or anything) even using a gel. I started on premarin but didn't like it. Then I intermittantly used a bio-identical (a small amount a few times a week) but I am unclear how or if it is helping. I recently switched formulations to a different bioidentical that I insert 3 times a week now and apply a progesterin cream to my body somewhere to help with the sleep issues. My doctor says my vaginal tissue is very healthy, but I find it gets annoyingly dry still. Not to be too graphic, but the lubricant needs to be re-applied during and since I was never like that before I find it disconcerting. One advantage of an older lover is that he familiar with it - no big deal to him but it bothers me that my body simply does not respond the way it should! What really bothers me is that once moist/wet it drys out immediately... I cannot make sense of that... almost like it absorbs the lubricant or something.

Anyway, I sometimes long for my 30s which was by far the peak of my physical sexual enjoyment. I think NOW is the peak of my "mental" sexual enjoyment as I seriously feel great for days after... the whole afterglow of endorphins I guess. Sadly, I missed out on most of my 40s due to my EX giving up on sex.

So that is probably TMI...LOL

I read Book of Ruth - the fiction book, right? EXCELLENT in my opinion but it was years ago.

I have been on a netflix documentary bender lately!

I think Wanda meant book of Ruth from Bible, well that is what I took from her post - but don't take it from me I'm wrong quite often.

I totally get what you're saying Sheryl. I could have pmed you but since we have so many in our group who could be facing these issues, I thought it would be good to share.

I love my bioidentical hormones.That dryness got to be way too much for me .It was painful. I don't know any of my friends in my age group who are still having sex. They didn't want to go on hormones, sex became painful, and their husbands have ED. It's a shame to see marriages end up like that.

I hope I can stay on them without issues but it's scary. My  mom had breast cancer. I know I would not fool around with progesterone without estrogen. I'm glad my doctor hooked me up with a compounding pharmacy.

I don't get around the rest of the board much at all.Someone was just discussing this in the powder room though.

I had a good fast day on Tuesday and was rewarded with a new low yesterday (168), it was my birthday so accepted it as a present but didn't claim it. Today scale says the same and that was after cake and drinks yesterday so I am claiming it! I'm chip chip chipping away and can see the finishing line, though I know that is where the real journey starts. I'm buzzing and it is a fast day today.

Celebrations were only small yesterday but we will Celebrate again on Sunday as it is Mothers Day here in the UK so I will be out with both of my boys and of course hubby will have his mum with him too. MILs dementia seems to be progressing faster these past couple of months so we need to make it a special day for her (and hubby too).

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sheryl - have you tried using a lubricant that isn't Water based? Or simply use olive or coconut oil. Down to 161 flat!!!! Li'l Dickins scale teased me with 152 with my first step-on this morning. Stepped off, stepped back on and 161, several more times and 161 flat every time, so no I didn't lose 9 pounds overnight, just a little less than half a pound, BUT I'LL TAKE IT!! :P

Happy birthday Cathy. And yes the Bible book of ruth. The play is a modern story about relationships and what a man wants in a woman and what a woman wants in a man. Linked to how Ruth found her Boaz

Happy birthday Cathy. And yes the Bible book of ruth. The play is a modern story about relationships and what a man wants in a woman and what a woman wants in a man. Linked to how Ruth found her Boaz

Must be spring a bunch of us are doing well! I popped up to 153 by kiddo is here and we are going out to dinner every night. Last night took both boys out for sushi, it was delicious!

Trying skiing again today. Really anxious over it. Breathe. :)

On the professional front, please collectively cross your fingers for me, I have an interview this week (skype) with a potential employer in Seattle! I have already had round one interview. Also, the men in this program make concerted sneaky moves to purposely destroy the professional reputations of women in this program, slander so great it cannot be ignored. Also, the new team leader has a scary scary temper, he is untruthful, does not communicate, and makes appalling mysogynistic comments in the office. He's a civilian.

I hit my head pretty hard about a week and a half ago, hard enough to make me nauseated and my eyes feel unmoored. I then had an emotional outburst the following day, I don't know if the two are related but I did have that TBI last summer...

Freaking out because there are apparently bills from my stay in Germany in Sept and my worker's comp claim closed, FU**!!!!

I just want to get the eff out of here.

Florinda I think when you get back to the states you will be so much more happier. It's time to get out of the military environment and away from all the trauma's from that environment.... I hope you interview goes really well, I think your be a good assess for any company that hires you...:P

It sounds like you had a head trauma from the fall and it will take time to heal. Hang in there and hope to hear you will be coming home really soon. :P

Cathy I wish you luck on the move. the one positive thing is that you will have to do some spring cleaning and getting rid of stuff that you don't need. That will give you a good feeling about you. I call it "out with the old, and in with the new."

Sheryl I am too going through periods of dryness that is kinda painful at times. I will be making an appointment with my GYN really soon so I can get some help but am thinking about buying some progesterone cream.

I usually check my emails on my iphone and find it difficult to post when I read something. So I know I am missing talking with several of us on here.

Georgia I hope the pain from the shingles is gone and the medication has helped.....

Wanda congrats on your playwright! How exciting is this?

Coops I get so frustrated when I have ups and downs in my weight too. I've been thinking that perhaps I should just be happy if my weight stays under 150 lbs. Today at 148.5 lbs.

I think several of us fit into this category too.

As far as having fast days, I'm not doing very well. I have a lot of stress with DH and older son, At times I think it would be easier to just be done with my marriage and move on. I know I'm over dramatizing it, but this my wha wha moment. Alot of feelings unprotected by DH and manipulated with son. I see his old patterns of behaviors coming up and it scares the sh** out of me. Oh well, that's my story.