Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They actually did issue a dress code for the cocktail party. For women it was a cocktail dress OR formal top and slacks. The men it was quite specific too - but I don't recall what it was exactly - dark shirt if they didn't wear a suit or tux type thing.

The reception did not have a dress code, so that one i will definately wear just gussied up business clothes.

I do better in dresses (or jeans) over slacks because I have a skinny ass and short legs. Slacks almost always need to be tailored to fit me well whereas just about any dress off the rack works okay.

So, I do work for European company but this event is the annual sales and service meeting for the Americas so it is mostly USA, some Central/south America and of course Canada so American sensibilities prevail. Did I mention it is about 90% + men?

I posted in the powder room. You are going to have a blast! Congrats on the invite and all the success.

Where IS the powder room?

Thanks! I did finally find it. Not sure how. Ha!

Hey everyone,

I was supposed to go to Portland today for the weekend to see my son and his family . Thank Gold Bill would not let me go alone,.

We left out town with a little rain and came to the interstate to white out conditions with chains required., So we managed to get off the free way and get a motel . We went and had chains put on and then tried to find a place open to have dinner. Everything was closed . We finally found this dive place and I ended up leaving my purse in there, with tons of cash and credit cards.

Please pray for me that it's there tomorrow morning. I have to have my credit card for the basket ball tickets I bought for my son's 30th birthday. They have to be paid for with the same credit card they were ordered from online. Some stupid rule.,

I'm scared spit less and I don't know if I can sleep.< /p>

Bill has been a saint through it all. He didn't even want to come but he didn't want me to go alone. I love this man!

I'll catch up as soon as I finally make it to my son's 200 more miles away.

Hey everyone,

I was supposed to go to Portland today for the weekend to see my son and his family . Thank Gold Bill would not let me go alone,.

We left out town with a little rain and came to the interstate to white out conditions with chains required., So we managed to get off the free way and get a motel . We went and had chains put on and then tried to find a place open to have dinner. Everything was closed . We finally found this dive place and I ended up leaving my purse in there, with tons of cash and credit cards.

Please pray for me that it's there tomorrow morning. I have to have my credit card for the basket ball tickets I bought for my son's 30th birthday. They have to be paid for with the same credit card they were ordered from online. Some stupid rule.,

Bill has been a saint through it all. He didn't even want to come but he didn't want me to go alone. I love this man!

Wow! Sounds like way more adventure than you had planned! Best of luck on that purse....You guys take care. 

Edited by feedyoureye

Hey everyone,

Bill sounds like he's a really good man to have! :P Praying that your purse, money, and credit cards are still there when you go back... Sending some healing energy your way.

Ladies, I don't know how many of you read other posts but Cheri has just posted on the vets forum and I think she needs our love and support.

Yesterday I wandered into a custom jewlry shop - mostly fine jewlrey, but she had some vintage costume jewelry. The earrings are from the 1940s that she retrofitted for pierced ears. The necklace is just so pretty and sparkly. i don't care for them together, but i thought they were quite the find.

post-122684-0-40465900-1391892756_thumb.jpg

OD, did you get your purse? Sure hope so.

Anybody know why Cheri stopped posting here?

Sheryl, love the jewelry. I still think I would do pop of color in your earrings, though.

Another day of snacking. I've gotten into the bad habit of fast and the really doing what they say you can on 5:2. :). Which I never did! Yuck. Not to break this carb habit again!!!!

OD, did you get your purse? Sure hope so.

Anybody know why Cheri stopped posting here?

Sheryl, love the jewelry. I still think I would do pop of color in your earrings, though.

Another day of snacking. I've gotten into the bad habit of fast and the really doing what they say you can on 5:2. :). Which I never did! Yuck. Not to break this carb habit again!!!!

I'm doing a bit of that too.... just watching that scale really close....

Cute Earrings S!

And I will check out Cheri.... 

I saw Cheri's thread, as you know I can more than relate to what she is going through, I will PM her. I leave my location soon, have a lot of anxiety about that, plus I cannot weight myself as I already mailed my scale, that's nerve wracking. I saw that trainer guy in the difac today for the first time since his blow up, that set me off kilter. I said goodbye to my friend and interpreter today, that also set me off kilter, i have a shit ton of work today, I'm just feeling very ... fretful

Sheryl, that necklace would go great with some fabulous 1940's-1950's style cocktail dresses at https://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/midlendres/pinupgirsigl.html

Georgia, I learned this year that the loss of a parent is not something you get over, only get through.

Coops, how's your crud?

Denise - lost purse = nightmare! Have you already cancelled your cards/put them on alert?

Laura if you are reading this I'm thinking of you and hope you are taking things a day at a time, or even 5 minutes at a time, make yourself a priority.

Cathy, I just thought you deserved a shout out because your posts are always so calm and encouraging, thank you :)

Swizz - what about your crud? Healing thoughts, and lots of inflammation-soothing tea.

Holy Crap!

I am confident driving in snow I live in Munich Germany for 2 years!

tonight, I was scared. On a crazy ass whim i went into Seattle tonight and ignored the weather forecasts that are usually wrong anyway.

Way home, the highway I was on was at a STOP due to the snow ( remember, forgive us for no snowplows and lots of hillls). I was on the Eastside of Seattle coming down a serious hill on the Interstate 520. Shit. Dead stop... rolling at like 1-5 MPH. Anyhoo I was terrified as most cars were spinning out and i was coming down the hilll more or less sideways in a mini cooper with slick type tires. I called Steven (lives near that area), who true to character did not answer, and left him a panic stricken vmail. Then I got my freaking head together, put my mini cooper in manual mode and took that hill in first gear. I kid you not - navigating around the SUVs and other cars spun out or sliding downhilll sideways. At one point, i was considering this car coming toward me as we were both sliding down the hill sideways... wondering if I would make it!

The mini cooper does NOt have snow tires and is rear wheel drive - this is NOt a snow car! The fact I could switch to manual mode and more importantly... dumb cow that I am, was wearing high heels and wasn't walking out... I was MOTIVATED to make this work, I switched to manual transmission mode and came down that hill very slowly, weaving around spun out cars..

Then, I got to my neighborhood... run up the hills and first gear for the downhills.... remember, NO snowplows.

Made it home, although my driveway is a hill and my car was complaining ,,,, but we made it!

oh, Steven did call me back, so he is redeemed. :)

I love 40-50s styles - thanks for the link Florinda !